NZ Banks Best ?

Old May 18th 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

karlquayle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Banks Best ?

Hello, My wife and i are moving to NZ, and need to transfer money to NZ

what's our best option..

we heard of moneycorp and travelex..

what about just a money transfer from my bank to one over there ??

which bank is best in terms of low commission for the transfer in NZ ?

THANKS!!
Old May 18th 2013, 10:23 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ Banks Best ?

wouldn't bother with bank to bank as it seems you don't get the best deals with them
I use HiFx, transfer my money into their UK bank (which happens to be Barclays) who then transfer it to my NZ bank, ANZ in a matter of days. all very simple. I do have a limit of 10K a day on my UK bank account so we just moved money across when we thought the exchange rate was good.
not going to be moving any more for a while by the looks of things
Old May 19th 2013, 2:05 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Moneycorp were our forex company and they were very good. Banks can be a bit useless as Mrs Fychan has said, they have a daily limit of 10,000 GBP maximum.

Moneycorp are professional currency brokers not just some bank drone is an overseas call centre.

Last edited by Snap Shot; May 19th 2013 at 2:16 am.
Old May 19th 2013, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karlquayle
Hello, My wife and i are moving to NZ, and need to transfer money to NZ

what's our best option..

we heard of moneycorp and travelex..

what about just a money transfer from my bank to one over there ??

which bank is best in terms of low commission for the transfer in NZ ?

THANKS!!
hi ASB have a branch in London, you can transfer as much as you want in one go, and you could use it as a uk bank
Old May 19th 2013, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

karlquayle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all... VERY USEFUL !!