Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NZ to Australla moves in reverse

NZ to Australla moves in reverse

Old Feb 2nd 2016, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ to Australla moves in reverse

Interesting article on BBC showing net migration NZ to Australia has gone into reverse with more people coming the other way . Not a big number but still a change from previous years. Australian migration to NZ hits new high - BBC News
Old Feb 6th 2016, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: NZ to Australla moves in reverse

With the mining industry in dissaray the Australian economy has slowed down massively so I'd suspect that most of those coming to NZ are kiwis returning. This will be temporary however and the Australian economy will regain itself in the coming years, a nation that is literally transforming every decade due to migration
Old Feb 6th 2016, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddy234
a nation that is literally transforming every decade due to migration
It seems to me thats happening the world over. NZ had record immigration numbers in 2015. Eventually I think western countries will be indistinguishable from each other, but not in our lifetime.
Old Feb 8th 2016, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by garethwm
It seems to me thats happening the world over. NZ had record immigration numbers in 2015. Eventually I think western countries will be indistinguishable from each other, but not in our lifetime.
NZ certainly needs the migration otherwise it will only continue to lose it's youth to the likes of Australia. They need at least a population of 10 million to be competitive and secure a strong economy and sustainable industries. I hate when people say New Zealand is a small country, it's not, it's just underpopulated to be competitive in the global economy. Also western countries have very strict immigration laws, more so than any other time in history not to mention that alot of pressure is put on migrants to integrate into society.

Sure there is alot of migrants from all over the world working and enjoying the lifestyles in their new nations however this has become the way of the world now. People travel more now than any other time in history and this will only increase, also only a small number of the total migrants who travel here to live and work will stay permanently, it is one thing to travel to nations across the world, working, living and enjoying the adventure and another to actually settle permanently and start a family there leaving most of your family and friends back home behind