NZ or Aus

Old Sep 20th 2022, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Bermondsey George is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ or Aus

Originally Posted by NHNH2016
Why do you it is a mess?
Almost certainly because of Stalinda but fear not as Taxcinda will definitely be voted out at the next election.
Luxon is wiping the floor with her and her shambles of a Government in the polls.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 7:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermondsey George
Then onto Ballarat (which surely must be the suicide capital of Australia). We finally lost the will to live when we reached Ararat (which is the most depressing town I have ever visited - and I have been to Glasgow!!!).
However, each to their own I suppose.
But doesn't Ararat have a McDonald's and that surely gives them 10 more points on the quality of life index.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

At last!!! the voice of reason........
I love the way on this forum that you can slag off NZ till the cows come home but if you dare say anything negative about Australia - it's deemed as a bit harsh???
Australia is an excellent country and I could easily live in Perth or the Sunshine Coast. It's just that "I personally" found Victoria to be a very underwhelming state which is why I would never return.
Melbourne did not impress me at all so despite most of the pro Melbourne comments on here, I am not exactly going to change my mind am I ??? It is an extremely busy and very dirty city which had homeless beggars everywhere.
My mood did not improve after leaving Melbourne either as we travelled to see more of the "beautiful" state of Victoria. First up was Geelong (which is basically a poor mans Brighton). Then onto Ballarat (which surely must be the suicide capital of Australia). We finally lost the will to live when we reached Ararat (which is the most depressing town I have ever visited - and I have been to Glasgow!!!).
I'm Australian and I don't even want to live in Australia, slag away 🤣

Finally got myself back to nz after 2.5 years of being stuck 😁
Old Sep 21st 2022, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I love the way on this forum that you can slag off NZ till the cows come home but if you dare say anything negative about Australia - it's deemed as a bit harsh???
Its always been that way but has got worse over the years. Its why many of us rarely post these days. Our realism is just taken as negativity.

Australia is an excellent country and I could easily live in Perth or the Sunshine Coast. It's just that "I personally" found Victoria to be a very underwhelming state which is why I would never return.
Melbourne did not impress me at all so despite most of the pro Melbourne comments on here, I am not exactly going to change my mind am I ??? It is an extremely busy and very dirty city which had homeless beggars everywhere.
My mood did not improve after leaving Melbourne either as we travelled to see more of the "beautiful" state of Victoria. First up was Geelong (which is basically a poor mans Brighton). Then onto Ballarat (which surely must be the suicide capital of Australia). We finally lost the will to live when we reached Ararat (which is the most depressing town I have ever visited - and I have been to Glasgow!!!).
I've not visited rural Victoria, so can't comment there. I'm no lover of Australia, but Melbourne is one of the places I enjoy visiting. I can see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea though, and I do prefer Hobart, much more pleasant vibe to the place.

Sunshine Coast, mentioned above, is beautiful, but I couldn't live there - I need transport, not being a driver, stuff like that tends to limit the areas one can live in.
Perth - only been over that way once, but it didn't really interest me. Huge urban sprawl and not a fan of the climate there.
However, each to their own! Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same things!
Old Sep 25th 2022, 5:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nah. Just someone who happens to agree with your pov. That's all.

Who knows what the OP finally decided.
Old Oct 24th 2022, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what you like really, your lifestyle. I like quiet and country so nz has always suited me. I have always found the choice of products to be very frustrating here and it is a very expensive country to live in if you don't make connections
Old Nov 14th 2022, 2:27 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

First up was Geelong (which is basically a poor mans Brighton). Then onto Ballarat (which surely must be the suicide capital of Australia). We finally lost the will to live when we reached Ararat (which is the most depressing town I have ever visited - and I have been to Glasgow!!!).

"Poor mans Brighton" you mean Brighton UK or Brighton in Melbourne? I always thought that Brighton UK was a popular with alternative lifestyle types, which I certainly would not associate with Geelong
Old Nov 14th 2022, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
"Poor mans Brighton" you mean Brighton UK or Brighton in Melbourne? I always thought that Brighton UK was a popular with alternative lifestyle types, which I certainly would not associate with Geelong
Certainly always has been an "älternative" city, and it still is. Great place to live, heading back there next year. Can't speak for the Melbourne one though!
Old Nov 17th 2022, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Nothing 'poor about Brighton Sussex. Apart from the drug and homeless issue, Only city I thought possible to live in outside of London. Not cheap though which is off putting. Worthing down the road (where I have lived when young) probably better value and improving I believe. Only a fairly short bus trip to Brighton.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 8:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Nothing 'poor about Brighton Sussex. Apart from the drug and homeless issue, Only city I thought possible to live in outside of London. Not cheap though which is off putting. Worthing down the road (where I have lived when young) probably better value and improving I believe. Only a fairly short bus trip to Brighton.
Worthing is definitely increasing in popularity as its much cheaper and bus links into Brighton are now excellent, as well as the well-worn rail line. Lots of places in between to - Portslade, Shoreham, Southwick, even parts of Hove, which are much cheaper than Brighton itself.

There are parts of Brighton which still land in the "poor" bucket though -Moulsecoomb, Whitehawk, the same old estates, not changed much in 20 years.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
I watched the new series of Location Location UK last night one search area was Broadstairs in Kent which is very nice but not for me and the other location was ….. Margate especially the “Old Town” as it’s a very up and coming area, who’d of thought that after watching Del Boys “Jolly Boys Outing” to Margate (Only Fools and Horses) back in the day what next……Blackpool (which I know is a great time some and much loved ) becoming fashionable,hip and trendy with the young well off crowd? Has anywhere surprised you lovely people with an area/suburb which has become “fashionable” and expensive?
Old Nov 17th 2022, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
I watched the new series of Location Location UK last night one search area was Broadstairs in Kent which is very nice but not for me and the other location was ….. Margate especially the “Old Town” as it’s a very up and coming area, who’d of thought that after watching Del Boys “Jolly Boys Outing” to Margate (Only Fools and Horses) back in the day what next……Blackpool (which I know is a great time some and much loved ) becoming fashionable,hip and trendy with the young well off crowd? Has anywhere surprised you lovely people with an area/suburb which has become “fashionable” and expensive?
I can't imagine Margate being “fashionable” and an up and coming area often has a different meaning these days. No area is really unexplored anymore and it just means people are so desperate that they can't afford the nicer areas. It's not all bad, but Margate and a lot of towns along that part of the country attract the rougher type and they are still there, so that hasn't changed.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It is a shame for many of the seaside towns along the south coast. Weymouth is considered undesirable and rough apparently, yet it has a good set up for a town centre , a quality beach; is on a rail route and wonderful countryside is very close by. It seems to be about those on 'benefits' being found affordable housing there more than anything, although I am not sure on that one. it always seemed a good enough small town to me decades ago however I did not live there.
Old Nov 18th 2022, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BEVS
It is a shame for many of the seaside towns along the south coast. Weymouth is considered undesirable and rough apparently, yet it has a good set up for a town centre , a quality beach; is on a rail route and wonderful countryside is very close by. It seems to be about those on 'benefits' being found affordable housing there more than anything, although I am not sure on that one. it always seemed a good enough small town to me decades ago however I did not live there.
This article seems to highlight some of the major problems in Weymouth https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/22...outh-portland/
As long as there are buildings like this and anti-social behaviour, people will always have this image in their head (Margate).

Old Nov 24th 2022, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS

We stayed in a cottage just outside Weymouth for Christmas last year (we had not visited Weymouth for about 5years) and it definitely has changed and for the better the beach is lovely and the coffee shops etc in the “front” are really nice.I found Housing costs in the area is not really any different from most parts of the south west.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.