NZ Advice

Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future
Default NZ Advice

We just preparing to come now, in Sept.

I got a job just about sealed.

Questions need answering

1.. Schools - What age they start, Term times and hours and when new term starts in sept

2..Credit - CAn we get credit while on a work permit. ie Mortgage, Mobile etc

3..Permit - I`ll have a permit, so what will my missus and kids need and do they need provide docs to enter.

4..Doctors and dentist - will these be paid like nhs or will we have to pay

5.. Pensions - Can we get a employer one

6..UK Child trust funds - Can we transfer these to NZ and use them there

thanks
thanks
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ Advice

I bet you cannot wait, at the moment we envy you as we are waiting to come over, been granted PR, house currently on market waiting for that sale.

Anyhow I cannot answer all your questions but we have been researching alot about education, a site that maybe helpful to you.

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?...7&indexid=1010

PS we would like to know about the children's trust fund whether transferrable.

Where are you moving to in NZ

Good luck to you.

Mandy and Tony
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

markraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant futuremarkraynes has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
I bet you cannot wait, at the moment we envy you as we are waiting to come over, been granted PR, house currently on market waiting for that sale.

Anyhow I cannot answer all your questions but we have been researching alot about education, a site that maybe helpful to you.

http://www.minedu.govt.nz/index.cfm?...7&indexid=1010

PS we would like to know about the children's trust fund whether transferrable.

Where are you moving to in NZ

Good luck to you.

Mandy and Tony
Maybe south of auckland
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:16 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markraynes

1.. Schools - What age they start, Term times and hours and when new term starts in sept
It's a 4 term school year that starts at the end of Jan and goes through to around mid Dec. Other than the major christmas/summer holidays the breaks are usually 2 weeks long and there's no half terms

2..Credit - CAn we get credit while on a work permit. ie Mortgage, Mobile etc
You should be able to get credit, most people tend to get pay as you go phones, (be sure to unlock yours)

3..Permit - I`ll have a permit, so what will my missus and kids need and do they need provide docs to enter.
Apply for theirs at the same time as yours and on the same application - wife will have the same as you the kids will need student visas

4..Doctors and dentist - will these be paid like nhs or will we have to pay
User pays in NZ for doctors and dentist visits. You can get insurance but GP visits + hospital policies tend to be expensive. Kids can get free check ups with school dental services and free vacination programmes.

5.. Pensions - Can we get a employer one
Not sure how widespread these are, the government recently introduced the Kiwi saver scheme. Don't transfer anything to NZ unless you're sure you're going to be staying.

6..UK Child trust funds - Can we transfer these to NZ and use them there
Not sure if you can transfer , you may have to leave them in the UK and wait for them to mature, then transfer the money over.