Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

In NZ for 9 days then in HOSPITAL!!!!!!

In NZ for 9 days then in HOSPITAL!!!!!!

Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:40 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default In NZ for 9 days then in HOSPITAL!!!!!!

Yes, you guys, we had been here for 9 (fabulous days) as I had told you, only to fall foul of the emergency department on tuesday evening!! Our olsedt Josh had appendisitis (correct me if spelt wrong) haha. I can still smile, just about! We got him the ed department at 11.05pm, and did not see a doctor untill around 03.30am, he got onto the ward at 04.35hrs, poor thing was exhausted, as wella ll were.

He had surgery yesterday afternoon, had it done key hole, thank god and we got home with him about 3is this pm. To top it off though he was 16 yesterday!!!!!! saw nothing of his birthday and what he did see, we pain

I have to tell you guys as it is.................. there was a few moments that I have never ever felt so lonely only a few as a few of the girls had been fab and i didnt have time to tell the others, I could not believe it was happening to us, things were so great and BANG!!!

However, we have picked ourselves up, we have him, he is safe and well, it was adhered to his abdomen, but it was caught in time and had not burst. He is in a lot of pain, as 16 yr olds would be eh? I have escaped and dad is on duty so have come to mc'd for a coffee in my chine cup, and to let off a bit of steam my boss have told me to saty off work until monday, they have been awsome to me and the family. So hopefully things will get back on track from now and he will get stronger with the NZ sun eh?? I cant wait to sleep in my own bed, well tomsk's bed haha, never been more grateful for the comfort of their little place I tell you, especially as the doctor asked "you are not staying at a motel are you"? As it would not be suitable for him to recover in somewhere like that!! The ward staff could not help us enough, and one staff nruse (who is irish even gave me her mobile to call home a few times, as she had an international plan on it!!! Now unbelievable or what??

Will update you in a few days but hugs and love to everyone, please send a hug back, lol.

Tina. x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In NZ for 9 days then in HOSPITAL!!!!!!

Oh dear, what a time you have had. Bigggggggg huge hug for you and wish your boy a belated happy birthday. I'm sure he will celebrate when he feels a bit better. Hope things get better!! Much love, Bevissa xx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

glad all well now! and a happy birthday to Josh! Guess you'll be spoiling him properly once he's feeling a bit better!

(my best mate had key hole appendicitis surgery 3 wks ago, and was feeling much better after about 10 days - they kept her in for a week in the UK cos they couldn't get the right theatre staff in cos of the snow!)
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am glad Josh is on the way to a full recovery. What a time to get have to have your appendix out just as you arrive in a new country. One blessing is that it did not happen on the journey here.

Wish him Happy Birthday from all of us.

June & co x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Awh stay strong. Big hugs and birthday wishes sent your way!!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Aww Tina what a nightmare but as long as he is going to be ok that's the main thing poor soul. Tell him Happy Birthday & get well soon

Angela x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:44 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

(((((hug))))) to Josh & you all Oh Tina you poor thing what a fright.

Glad all is well now it stays that way for you all.

A very happy belated birthday Josh

Dewb xx
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

hi very sorry to hear

what a start ... defo sending a hug back

hope he feels better very soon, sounds like you are meeting some very helpful kiwis !

Helen and Davex
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one hell of a way to make your entrance to NZ!!

Big Hugs to all of you.

Last edited by RobDon; Feb 4th 2010 at 9:15 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tina

Sorry to hear about your stressful time. He is on the mend now and all will be well. So glad to hear that your work have been supportive.
Thinking of you
Maria x
Old Feb 4th 2010, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Josh, glad he's on the mend & hope he has a very happy belated birthday.
Hope that your new life in NZ is less eventful
Old Feb 4th 2010, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Tina, you know where i am if you need that cuppa and a chat
Old Feb 4th 2010, 11:32 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Rats!

Glad you are all OK now and Josh is on the mend. Must have been very stressful.

Did he get to keep the thing in a bottle?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 4:46 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Tina & family.....what a nightmare for you & even worse for Josh, one birthday he won't forget in a hurry!!! Hope he is on the mend now & glad you've been afforded some kiwi kindness
lol & ((((big hugs)))) B x
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi Tina - Ditto to all above - sending calming thoughts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.