NZ$ vs £

Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NZ$ vs £

I guess we look at the $ rate slightly different to many here as we have a high income from an NZ wage and while we have a lump sum of cash the wage is ultimately the more important long term and even more so when both of us are eventually working.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Stop talking and start dialling
It's constantly engaged .. arghhhhh!!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:46 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It's constantly engaged .. arghhhhh!!!!

Its probably Paladin moving his dosh over
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:01 am

Its probably Paladin moving his dosh over
It's marginally slipping back again so I'm going to leave til the morning - plus thought I had lickle ear infection starting yesterday, having spent last half hour on redial with phone pressed to ear now feel full on sickie coming ...
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:02 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
It's marginally slipping back again so I'm going to leave til the morning - plus thought I had lickle ear infection starting yesterday, having spent last half hour on redial with phone pressed to ear now feel full on sickie coming ...

Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

How long before the petrol price and many other things starts to rise and the masses will be moaning........

Want a foreign holiday or a flight back to the UK to visit family, its going to cost you a lot more soon......

Thats the price of imports being more and more expensive and your wage being worth less in the world outside NZ.

As someone who wants to start importing stuff as a potential business and also holiday in other parts of the world i'll be hoping the USA suffers more sub prime set backs so long as the dollar is able to gather itself and rally.

2.40/0.85 would be a nice targets thanks.........
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by niseysOH
How long before the petrol price and many other things starts to rise and the masses will be moaning........

Want a foreign holiday or a flight back to the UK to visit family, its going to cost you a lot more soon......

Thats the price of imports being more and more expensive and your wage being worth less in the world outside NZ.

As someone who wants to start importing stuff as a potential business and also holiday in other parts of the world i'll be hoping the USA suffers more sub prime set backs so long as the dollar is able to gather itself and rally.

After i have changed money $3+ I would agree with you!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by brandn
Ditto, and I'm in NZ ... if only I got a wage!!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:19 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

If it was to drop to £2.40 to the $ then watch the tourist numbers drop. This economy is a very fragile commodity and who knows what will happen in the next 24 hours let alone next month or next year
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:21 am

If it was to drop to £2.40 to the $ then watch the tourist numbers drop. This economy is a very fragile commodity and who knows what will happen in the next 24 hours let alone next month or next year
We came on our reccie when it was $2.50.

Changed first lot at $2.80

Changed bulk at $2.70

$3.00 would be like Christmas!!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:29 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandn
Eactly - most people seem to think that the real value vs GBP is around $3NZ to £1GB. That makes the peanuts that most of us earn even more peanut-like. Something we will have to live with - I knew what we were getting into when we came, hope others did their research too.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by lardyl
Eactly - most people seem to think that the real value vs GBP is around $3NZ to £1GB. That makes the peanuts that most of us earn even more peanut-like. Something we will have to live with - I knew what we were getting into when we came, hope others did their research too.
Ewwww ... are you poor?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

True enough but as the care saleman said to me just before I bought my wares from him:
"you're in a Third World country now cobber!!"
and there is an element of truth there.....

/ducks as the ever patriotic average Kiwi swings - missed, ha/
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Yeah but if you are manufacturing and exporting goods to the world market from NZ then the $3 exchange rate is good news.
Also means interest rates may fall as imported goods become more expensive and inflation falls - not all bad if you live in NZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.