Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NVQ3 Health & Social Care

NVQ3 Health & Social Care

Old Jun 8th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of
Default NVQ3 Health & Social Care

Hi All

Has anyone had their NVQs assessed/recognised in NZ? My level 3 is in health and social care but I'm not sure where that will get me in the NZ job market. Wondering if I'll have to re-train once we get there.

Any advice much appreciated.

Martyc
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NVQ3 Health & Social Care

There isnt a direct equivalent but i found emplyers will take notice of it.
Social care jobs are always advertised down here but be warned the money is
pathetic. Many start at under 30k and i know plenty of people with psychology
degrees who are doing the job and still earning under 40k.
Be aware though the work you do is more wiping arses than improving lives promoting
social inclusion. Out of sight out of mind is the phrase that springs to mind.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: NVQ3 Health & Social Care

Thanks for the reply

Thought as much. Several steps backwards. Having seen every size and shape backside imaginable it looks as though I'll have to start at the bottom.
Pardon the pun.