Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nursing template for registration.

nursing template for registration.

Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of
Default nursing template for registration.

Hi was wondering if anyone has applied for registration with their original nursing template? on the application form it asks for a template form which when I asked Uni they do not have. I have to send them my details and a nice cheque for £60 and they forward it straight to the nursing council. I already have this form. My friend who applied for midwifery reg said for her they would only accept one sent direct from uni. Anyone any experience of this??? thanks lisa x
Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:05 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future
Default Re: nursing template for registration.

hi Lisa

Iv just recently sent off all the bits & pieces to NZNC for registration. Do you mean a transcript request from the uni? If you do its really simple ( well it was for me) I just sent off a copy of the request form that i had downloaded from the NZNC to my uni with a covering letter and they sent me a letter back just last week saying they had sent the transcript directly to NZNC. No mention of fees. The NMC however was a different story... they wanted £60 for the priviledge of sending a verfification request form

Not sure if any of this helps but may just give you an idea of what others have done.

Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
hi Lisa

Iv just recently sent off all the bits & pieces to NZNC for registration. Do you mean a transcript request from the uni? If you do its really simple ( well it was for me) I just sent off a copy of the request form that i had downloaded from the NZNC to my uni with a covering letter and they sent me a letter back just last week saying they had sent the transcript directly to NZNC. No mention of fees. The NMC however was a different story... they wanted £60 for the priviledge of sending a verfification request form

Not sure if any of this helps but may just give you an idea of what others have done.

Yes sorry Transcript I have my original I take it they wont accept this and will have to pay £60 for it:curse:
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:09 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
Yes sorry Transcript I have my original I take it they wont accept this and will have to pay £60 for it:curse:
The original should be fine - get a couple of certified copies though - just to be on the safe side in case anything gets lost!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:23 pm
AKA New Nurse

nearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant futurenearly nurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spid
The original should be fine - get a couple of certified copies though - just to be on the safe side in case anything gets lost!
That sounds like a plan ..save the 60 quid for the sneaky NMC!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

The transcript of training details the number of hours spent studying each speciality, e.g. mental health, medical, orthopaedics etc and will determin your scope of practice, e.g Registered Nurse (may only work in general nursing), Registered nurse (may work in general and obstetric nursing) Registered Nurse (may only work in psychiatry). It also ensures that the course you took has the required hours to satisfy NZNC.

Cheers
Gill
Old Mar 10th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nearly nurse
hi Lisa

I also sent off the request to the Uni that I downloaded. I did this on 21st Jan and they sent it off on 29th Jan to NCNZ. And no charge either. I had the same deal with the NMC however,how do they get away with it?

Phyllis
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ok thanks folks suppose won't hurt sending cert copy off!!! If pobs then I'll cough up the 60quid
Lisa x
Old Mar 13th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

You still need to get a transcript of training from your university showing the hours of training etc sorry to say you get charged for this also. The NMC only charged me 34 pounds to send the verification form direct to NZNC. As I did my SEN first then did a conversion course I had to apply to two training schools who in turn had great delight in charging me each for the transcripts.
You have to send certified copies of your certificates off to the NZNC, best get them certified by a solicitor, this costs also, I was charged £30. Costs mount up for registration sorry and no short cuts either. The estimated time for recieving your registration from the NZNC, which I enquired about, is about 3 months dont forget to send a police check also. Hope this helps.
Dee
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hey Dee Lisa is hopefully coming to Blenheim you know!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

OOOOOOOOOO great news there Dawn Hi lisa probably bump into you at some point then hopefully. I have a job offer in Nelson got EIO picked yesterday just waiting now for half a tree to arrive with a bit of luck........
Good luck to you all fingers crossed for you.
Steve and Dee
Old Mar 13th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic Dee, what is the post you have accepted? I hope to catch up with you too. House sale permitting hope to be out in Sept, when are you expecting to be there? Lisax

Originally Posted by over50
OOOOOOOOOO great news there Dawn Hi lisa proably bump into you at some point then hopefully. I have a job offer in Nelson got EIO picked yesterday just waiting now for half a tree to arrive with a bit of luck........
Good luck to you all fingers crossed for you.
Steve and Dee
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

I was just discussing the shortage of Nurses at a meeting today....I'm sure you will probably all know and you have looked into this, but you will get jobs no problem over here...They are screaming for Nurses & Anaesthetic techs.

(By the way....Hi Spid......Leuchars? I left Tayport last July)

All the Best
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Perioperative educator is the post I have accepted in Nelson,provisional start date of middle June immigration and NZNC reg permitting. I have a feeling it may be a but after that as I was in touch with NZNC to see how reg was progressing and they said they had only just done the 1st assessment ?? they have had it since feb 4th although it was sent in jan !! So on asking how many assessments it takes I was greeted with a reply that I will get my registration when it has been completely assessed....... Well thats me told.... it was a genuine enquiry... so anyone who has applied be warned they take a while and go through gawd knows how many assessment processes before granting you registration and practising certificate in New Zealand. Having said this I am prepared to wait and hopefully my new employer will be patient also, they seem very aminiable.
Where you got a job then Lisa and what speciality you going into?
Steve and Dee
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

We have applied on an OZ PR visa so not sure if this will effect the reg process or reg in NZ??? I am a community nurse spoke to Frenchie and just waying up the pros and cons of where to work, I have three kids under 5 so need to sort out them out too. Not applied for a post yet keeping options open. Your post sounds great Dee so all the best with that

Lisa x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.