Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nursing practicing certificate

Nursing practicing certificate

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

blueballsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing practicing certificate

My wife has applied for her nursing registration so hopefully if she has sent all the correct documents she will be registered soon, one wee question though that i cant seem to find an answer for. The housing market is dire so if we dont manage to sell the house and its another year or so down the line before we get to new zealand then will she have to keep renewing her yearly practicing certificate until we go? if so does that mean she will probably have to keep getting NMC to send letter and work confirming hours worked etc, hope someone can help us out, thanks again
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

jaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nicejaynepc is just really nice
Default Re: Nursing practicing certificate

Hi, I hope this helps.....once you are on the NZ nursing register you are on it for life, but as far as i am aware if you let the practising cert lapse and then have to reapply, then i think you will have to pay the nmc a fee again for their bit, so to be honest i think its better to renew the nz prac cert....hope this helps???
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

blueballsuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, yeah i think that looks like the easier option, again thanks
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

I only applied for my practice cert just before we arrived in NZ. Yes your reg lasts for life & your APC (annual pracitising cert) is renewed annually. She doesn't need it straight away, but will need it when she applies for work.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 7:55 am
Just Joined

haodjihao is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boopy
I only applied for my practice cert just before we arrived in NZ. Yes your reg lasts for life & your APC (annual pracitising cert) is renewed annually. She doesn't need it straight away, but will need it when she applies for work.
yes, looks like the easier option

http://www.look4lights.com/bbs/index.php
Buyer and importer of lighting products