Reload this Page >

Nursing Council Application

Nursing Council Application

Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Snyffa is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Nursing Council Application

Hey there,
To all those who have been through this pen pushing process. Please could someone advice me on who they used to sign their statutory declaration? do i really need to go to a solicitor who will charge me the earth just to put pen to paper, who did other people use and what did they charge.
I much appreciate all your thought and response.
Nyssa
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Council Application

Sorry,needs to be signed by a solicitor,notary or judge. Also any copies of certificates etc you send need to be certified by them as well.

Phyllis
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

debj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud ofdebj has much to be proud of

Hi Nyssa,
As Weejie said, afraid you do need to go see solicitor...
I saw the notary at one of my local solicitors, expecting to pay loads, but only £60; she photocopied all my certificates, passport, birth certificate etc and certified them all. I have only needed to this once so its not so bad.

Good luck with everything!!

Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snyffa
Hey there,
To all those who have been through this pen pushing process. Please could someone advice me on who they used to sign their statutory declaration? do i really need to go to a solicitor who will charge me the earth just to put pen to paper, who did other people use and what did they charge.
I much appreciate all your thought and response.
Nyssa
Hi Nyssa,

what a coincidence!! I got my statutory declaration signed this afternoon by a solicitor

I just walked in off the street (no appointment made) & asked if any of the solicitors had a few seconds free to sign a form!

They agreed & only charged £5

Cheryl x

Last edited by iwannagonow; Jul 14th 2008 at 6:24 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Snyffa is an unknown quantity at this point

Well £5 sounds much better lol lets hope theres a very friendly solicitor in my town. Cheers Guys for all the responses, it really is a pain tho, this whole going for a year thing takes as much money and effort as applying for residency it seems.
x
Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:14 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the money grabbing sods charge a fortune for a few seconds and a signature. Here they do it for free, as we found when we got laughed at for asking how much
Old Jul 15th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby got his done and cost around £5.00 but do shop around we had quotes from £5.00 - £80.00
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Also take advantage of having to lay out the loot by photocopying each doc serveral times and getting them signed. Docs can (and from my experience, probably will...) get lost through the labourious processes. Also think of anything that maybe important to copy as you get ready for the whole emigration journey, again the immigration, not just the nurse thung, will have to have copies. Oh and photcopy all forms before you send......from experience!!!!
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

SLOW BUT SURE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nyssa
my docs were done by local solicitor for about £5.
good luck with the nz council and be prepared to wait and pester them as they were rather slow to go.
Also you will need a practising cert once you have registered so more money and forms you,ll be fine if done enough study days.
I thought the process would never end but am here working hard at long last. Very best to you Maggie