Nursing...

Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Allisonlouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing...

No longer on the skills lists....unless you work in aged care, critical care, medical or perioperative
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing...

I'm not really suprised, there's not too much on the job market at the mo
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

seems you are still ok if you are a midwife though.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boopy
I'm not really suprised, there's not too much on the job market at the mo
tell me about it.. im trying to job hunt at the moment..thankfully my speciality is in acute medical nursing.. but its still hard...LTSSL or not.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
tell me about it.. im trying to job hunt at the moment..thankfully my speciality is in acute medical nursing.. but its still hard...LTSSL or not.
Good luck Moondust. Where are you looking to move to?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

Anywhere a job comes up at the moment. I was hoping to move by December but that got delyed with the registration bits.

Just want to get over there now.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Would you consider agency work or aged care..... as a foot in the door?
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boopy
Would you consider agency work or aged care..... as a foot in the door?
I have contacted a few agencies just waiting to hear back. If need be I would do aged care.

I had questioned with someone about retirement village jobs but they suggested I check it wouldn't affect my visa. If DHB jobs fail then I may just look into this route.. as you said its a foot in the door.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought - have you tried BUPA or similar organisations? Having a quick glance there are nursing vacancies on their website based in retirement villages.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MOSO
Just a thought - have you tried BUPA or similar organisations? Having a quick glance there are nursing vacancies on their website based in retirement villages.
I have looked but not applied for anything with the yet. Was also looking at Ryman Healthcare which are retirement villages/ hospitals.

I have put in about 7 applications to DHB' s recently so waiting to hear back. I am going to give it another month then look at the retirement village option.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
I have looked but not applied for anything with the yet. Was also looking at Ryman Healthcare which are retirement villages/ hospitals.

I have put in about 7 applications to DHB' s recently so waiting to hear back. I am going to give it another month then look at the retirement village option.
Do you have neuro experience? ABI have been looking for RN's. Just shout if I can be of help
Old Mar 18th 2013, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

I work on a admissions unit so get a bit of everything.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute

I am an OT rather than a nurse but when I was looking for work, I signed up with seek.co.nz and kiwihealthjobs.co.nz. Quite a few nursing jobs come up via those 2 sites so might be worth keeping your eye on those websites if you aren't already.

Also, don't rely on the individual DHB's job recruitment part of their website being completely up to date... was told that by a lady in HR at one of the DHBs (won't name and shame!).

GL and HtH

Natalie
Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GoingIn2011
I am an OT rather than a nurse but when I was looking for work, I signed up with seek.co.nz and kiwihealthjobs.co.nz. Quite a few nursing jobs come up via those 2 sites so might be worth keeping your eye on those websites if you aren't already.

Also, don't rely on the individual DHB's job recruitment part of their website being completely up to date... was told that by a lady in HR at one of the DHBs (won't name and shame!).

GL and HtH

Natalie
Ive been looking at seek and kiwi health jobs regularly. Thanks for the heads up on the individual DHB's
Old Mar 22nd 2013, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ladies heard or seen anything about the new elective surgery centre being built on Auckland's North Shore (Waitemata DHB) due to open in July:

http://www.wdhbcareers.co.nz/viewjob...ore%20Hospital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.