Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nurses pay scales ( moved to main forum)

nurses pay scales ( moved to main forum)

Old Mar 15th 2009, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice
Default nurses pay scales ( moved to main forum)

Hiya all, Ive been reading on the nurses council about the nurses pay scales can anyone explain how they work ? It looks like it maybe in reverse to the uk but im not sure. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.
Thanks
jaks
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: nurses pay scales ( moved to main forum)

Hi
Yeah they can be confusing. There are 5 increment steps you undertake from graduation which are taken one a year. There are also levels, 2 being equivalent to the grade d, 3=e, 4=f. So if you an average nurse over 5yrs exp at level 3 you salary is 60000 plus 4%rise in april and shift allowances.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

jakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nicejakie is just really nice

Hiya thanks so much for your reply. I am a two years post grad experienced nurse so im guessing that puts me in just above a newly qualified I guess ? I will have another look on the site now ive got a better idea.

Thanks again

Jaks
Old Mar 18th 2009, 2:03 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

In that case you should be level2 step3. Off the top of my head about 53k basic. If you're willing and your area of work allows, o/t and penals mean adding 10-15k on top. I did!!
Old Mar 19th 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Penals? Is that the same as shift allowance?
Old Mar 19th 2009, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep, like double time with a day in lieu on public holidays (try that with the NHS!!), night shifts and weekends allowances.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by owen View Post
Yep, like double time with a day in lieu on public holidays (try that with the NHS!!), night shifts and weekends allowances.
My OH only gets double time for Christmas Day & time & a half for other hols, exactly the same as she got with NHS. She used to get days in lieu as well with NHS
Allowances are nowhere near as good here in comparison, but they help
Old Mar 19th 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to you all for your replies they were a great help.

Jaks