Nurses Pay?

Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nurses Pay?

I'm still undecided if I want to work as a nurse in NZ, heard the pay is worse than AU. Can anyone give me a scale for AU equiv. level 1/2 or 10 year post grad, with an MSc?
Cheers
Birdey
Old Dec 5th 2006, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nurses Pay?

Originally Posted by Birdey
I'm still undecided if I want to work as a nurse in NZ, heard the pay is worse than AU. Can anyone give me a scale for AU equiv. level 1/2 or 10 year post grad, with an MSc?
Cheers
Birdey
Doesn't matter what you do, the pay will usually be less in NZ than in Oz. Same way as you usually end up earning less in Oz as in the UK.

Hopefully someone will be along to help you with the specifics. In the meantime, maybe look on the DHB's website for the area that you are looking at, eg http://www.cdhb.govt.nz/. This looks like it might be useful too; http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/wpg_i...in+New+Zealand
Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Birdey

Working as a staff nurse for a District Health Board, under the latest MECA (Multi Employer Collective Agreement), you would get $54,000 for a 40 hour week.
Then there is the senior nurses pay scales. These are where the job is graded from 1-8, with 8 being NZ Nurse Practitioner ($80-85,000, I think). As an example a nurse educator may be grade 4 and a Clinical Nurse Leader (Ward Manager) either 6 or 7.
The MSc means very little as a high proportion of NZ nurse are alrady trained to degree level and hold post graduate qualifications. It is however very useful in getting you a senior nurse position.
Any further questions just ask.

Cheers
Gill
Old Dec 6th 2006, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.. It is fairly crap, but I guess the alternative are limited. Still better than a fruit picker or bar staff!
Cheers

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Working as a staff nurse for a District Health Board, under the latest MECA (Multi Employer Collective Agreement), you would get $54,000 for a 40 hour week.
Then there is the senior nurses pay scales. These are where the job is graded from 1-8, with 8 being NZ Nurse Practitioner ($80-85,000, I think). As an example a nurse educator may be grade 4 and a Clinical Nurse Leader (Ward Manager) either 6 or 7.
The MSc means very little as a high proportion of NZ nurse are alrady trained to degree level and hold post graduate qualifications. It is however very useful in getting you a senior nurse position.
Any further questions just ask.

Cheers
Gill
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.. It is fairly crap, but I guess the alternative are limited. Still better than a fruit picker or bar staff!
Cheers

There will be a lot of people coming to NZ who will earn a lot less than $54,000/ You also have to take in to consideration the cost of living.
Gill
Old Dec 7th 2006, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

its a good idea to work for an agency first so you get to know the hospitals, for a night shift they pay up to $44 an hour in the public sector. remember to have hep b antigen antibodies, hep c, mrsa groin and nose, mantoux and varacilla just before coming over so you have got the bits of paper with you. also referances would be an idea too. hope this helps.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should be voluntary,but get free sheep and carrots from the Government. They're trialing it right now in Norfolk.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:44 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
I think we should be voluntary,but get free sheep and carrots from the Government. They're trialing it right now in Norfolk.
Sheep: Carrot:

That do you for starters?