Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nurse registration questions: please help

nurse registration questions: please help

Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nurse registration questions: please help

Originally Posted by melanieanne63
hello guys
was wondering if someone can give me advise....
I have been told that I need to have a copy of my transcripts sent directly from the university to the new Zealand nurse council and also that the nmc to contact the new Zealand council directly to inform them of length of registration, how do I arrange this?.
any advise would be really welcome.
thanks
melanie
6yrs ago when Kate did it the NZNC went directly to the school of nursing UK to get what they wanted. May I suggest you contact the NZNC and ask them what are the up to date requirements.
Old Jun 19th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

melanieanne63 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi genesis I am already a nurse prescriber, do they recognise my uk qualification
mel
Old Jun 19th 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

hi genesis I am already a nurse prescriber, do they recognise my uk qualification
mel
Kate reckons it is a very different procedure over here..sounds right as I have heard of UK gas engineers with every qualification in the book from the Uk having to re sit really simple stuff to satiate the needs of the NZ gas cert people. Again why not contact the NZNC and clirify the situation.

Kate had 15 years UK experience as a nurse 6 years ago when she arrived yet still had to do a very lumbersome PDRP (personal development evidence based) thing that student nurse would do after qualifying.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RobDon
Qualified 2008. Adult Nursing branch for me.
Were you the March or October intake? I was the October.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

quote :thank you so much for your replies....but was wounding, as silly as it sounds, when I contact the university to ask them to send the transcripts, do I do this after I have sent nurss registration document so that the nznc has a file on me already.

Once you made contact with the \nz council they open a file on you and collate all the necessary info as it comes into them. Once they have your transcripts, IELTS and police check they will send you a letter informing you of your registration.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Hi Bev
I was the March intake and Reagdolls 2 thanks so much for your advise, everyone has been really helpful... exam application sent off, police checks to be sent at the end of the month and working on the CV at the minute, the nurse registration document seems straight forward enough (although i may eat my words haha)
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

JENNYMG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bev
I was the March intake and Reagdolls 2 thanks so much for your advise, everyone has been really helpful... exam application sent off, police checks to be sent at the end of the month and working on the CV at the minute, the nurse registration document seems straight forward enough (although i may eat my words haha)
hi there
I'm a nurse also and been in touch with auckland hb. was wondering if any of you could comment on what it is like to work there?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BevK
Were you the March or October intake? I was the October.
I was in the September 05 intake.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RobDon
I was in the September 05 intake.
Did you do the degree then? Would have had our graduation at the same time (July 2009)? Its a small world!!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BevK
Did you do the degree then? Would have had our graduation at the same time (July 2009)? Its a small world!!
Yep I did the degree but didnt go to the graduation, too much to do with the move over!!
Old Jun 26th 2011, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

Hi Bev K, i qualified in March 2007... i was on the mental health branch. In regards to agencies i have heard a few people say that they started with agencies but then found their own job as the agencies appeared to be a bit slow. Will prob do it myself.
IELTS application completed ready for Mondays post, yicks! xx
Hi Mel
Im a mental health nurse too and trained at edge hill1 I only qualified Sept 10 and contacted the DHB's myself, I was offered a job on inpatients ward before I even qualified! I Work for Hutt Valley DHB, which is in Wellington. Great team here, ive just been through the whole applying process myself so if u need any help/info then PM me. Ive been here 6 months now and lovin' it!

Good luck for IELTS, OUCH!!
x
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

hi Shazmoo,
thanks loads will bombard you am sure.. concentrating on getting nurse reg first, English exam booked....collecting paper work and eoi is well under way to being completed... I am a little worried as to how much info the nurse council needs on my cv coz I read that the are really fussy. mel
Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Shazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really niceShazmoo is just really nice

hi Shazmoo,
thanks loads will bombard you am sure.. concentrating on getting nurse reg first, English exam booked....collecting paper work and eoi is well under way to being completed... I am a little worried as to how much info the nurse council needs on my cv coz I read that the are really fussy. mel
Not that fussy Mel, i can send you a copy of mine which they accepted, and bare in mind that i was newly quailied without any experience. So you'll be fine! Biggest hold up for me was the transcript from my Uni, but thats the second stage so dont worry about that just yet, maybe give ur uni the heads up tho because mine took 6 weeks to do!
[email protected] if u want any help, i dont check here much!
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice

Hi guys, I've just applied for the IELTS test. The next date available is beginning of January 2012 and I've ordered the official practice materials. Should I apply to uni now for the transcripts or wait until I've done the IELTS?
Old Nov 20th 2011, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

ragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud ofragdolls2 has much to be proud of

Hi apply now for your transcript now an dthen once you have sat your IELTS you can send off for your reg. good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.