Reload this Page >

Nurse needs help!!!

Nurse needs help!!!

Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Mussin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse needs help!!!

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before but have looked and can't find the answer.
I'm just putting together all info etc for stage 1 nursing registration in NZ (just waiting for police cert to come). Have seen that for Stage 2 you need to have verification from your training school of your course/syllabus, well mine no longer exists trained at Sandwell 1986-1989, how do i go about this?
Starting to panic as not sure if i will qualify to register as only have my RGN and 24 years experience, no degree has anyone any advice please, don't want to waste money if i have no chance.

Thanks

Jane
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all
Default Re: Nurse needs help!!!

Hi Jane I am in the last part of the registration process atm.

I knew someone in the same situation as you for the transcripts and I think she went through the NMC as they should hold a record of your training.

The registration requirements are changing on the 1st March so all applications recieved from this date get processed on the new criteria.

the second part takes the longest I would start contacting the NMC about it now. So far verification has taken 5 weeks and NZ still havent recieved it. This week they will, so the NMC have told me.

Its a frustrating process.

Feel free to message me if you need any more help
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Hi Thanks for that will pm you.

Jane
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

no probs
Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mussin
Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before but have looked and can't find the answer.
I'm just putting together all info etc for stage 1 nursing registration in NZ (just waiting for police cert to come). Have seen that for Stage 2 you need to have verification from your training school of your course/syllabus, well mine no longer exists trained at Sandwell 1986-1989, how do i go about this?
Starting to panic as not sure if i will qualify to register as only have my RGN and 24 years experience, no degree has anyone any advice please, don't want to waste money if i have no chance.

Thanks

Jane
Hello, a similar thing happened to me...my school of nursing had insufficient records. As moondust says, the NMC will provide a transcript which the Nursing Council accepted without problem. It takes a month, and a follow up phone call to nudge them along, and there's an email address on the NMC site, just search for transcripts.

Good luck!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, feeling bit overwhelmed as each time i get over a hurdle another bigger one appears.

Jane
Old Feb 14th 2013, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

clairesw is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep at it, it'll all work out and be worth it in the end.

The visa application was a breeze after the Nursing Council registration!
Old Feb 15th 2013, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes NMC will sort you. Good luck to all you RN's going through the process I'm an RN, been here 7 years & no regrets If I can be of any help just shout
Old Feb 16th 2013, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My nursing registration took such a long time, my school of nursing as yours had closed years ago, the NMC did help me, but it took a while as I trained over 30 years ago. I now have my registration am just awaiting my immigration. Was supposed to start work in January but immigration is taking longer than expected, the hospital have agreed to April, so hopefully I will be there soon. If you need any help just ask as I have just done.
Take care
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karin I was just wondering if you had any tips on job hunting as that is the stage I am at now.

Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

karin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
From what I can understand I was lucky, I am a theatre nurse and saw an advert in the AfPP which is a magazine for theatre practitioners. I have had the job since August but have been struggling with registration and immigration since.
In march there is an expo in London, people from NZ Auz and Canada will be there promoting jobs, my family will be there looking for jobs.
Good hunting
Old Feb 16th 2013, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Ok cheers i am more on the acute medical/ emergency side of nursing. I do look in the RCN mags for jobs but may have a look at the expo if still not lucky by then. My reg is just being assessed at the moment.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
Ok cheers i am more on the acute medical/ emergency side of nursing. I do look in the RCN mags for jobs but may have a look at the expo if still not lucky by then. My reg is just being assessed at the moment.
Hi Moondust, Look directly at the DHB websites for the area you wish to live.

http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...board-websites

This link shows all the DHB's. Good luck.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Boopy I will do. I have seen a job in Taranaki that I like the look so will apply for that one in the next few days.