British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Nurse going through NZ registration process. Anyone gone through this (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nurse-going-through-nz-registration-process-anyone-gone-through-855706/)

Feather111 Apr 1st 2015 10:07 am

Nurse going through NZ registration process. Anyone gone through this

Hi there,

I recently applied to the NCNZ for nurse registration.

I have a UK Diploma in nursing and a small extra university module in operating theatre practice.

I passed the IELTS and have got to stage 2 of the process and waiting for the assessment outcome.

Has anyone in a similar situation had a positive outcome?

Any help would be apreciated.

Sparkleydiva Apr 2nd 2015 8:18 pm

Re: Nurse going through NZ registration process. Anyone gone through this

Hi there

It is 9 years since I did my registration and I think a lot has changed since then - didn't need to do IELTS for one, but I think there are quitea few threads on this if you try and use the search buttons

Good luck :)

partnersincrime Apr 3rd 2015 9:30 pm

Hi Feather111, I am at the very start of this process, I have my IELTS booked for later in the month :eek:

Feather111 Apr 4th 2015 6:05 am

Hi Partnersincrime,

The best book for the IELTS that I found was Target Band 7 by Simone Bravermen, be sure to get the latest version. I found I had to revise for the exam, even though I am English, because it is so formal.

Do you have a Diploma or a Degree? And any extra modules?

Good luck

escapedtonz Apr 4th 2015 1:47 pm

My wife registered 3 and a half years ago whilst still in the UK just before we came out. She found it quite a straightforward process albeit a long one - took a few months and she made the mistake of taking the wrong IELTS test so had to go back, pay again and take the Academic test which of course was even more difficult even though she is north west England born n bred of English parents. Luckily she got the 7.0 overall.
She has a nursing diploma from Ormskirk School Of Nursing from the 90's. Was a major task for her to get the transcripts and course content details etc.

As far as I know the major things that have changed recently is the qualification standard has increased to that of a 3 year bachelor degree / equivalent level 7 on the NZQF and one now needs minimum 2 years post-reg experience.
Seems to have made it more difficult for the younger generation of nurses to gain registration here. Not sure if the older diploma level nursing qualifications meet the minimum requirement anymore. I'm sure my wife has mentioned recently that she wouldn't be able to get registration now if she didn't have it previously.

MrsEeyore Apr 7th 2015 9:09 am

Hi there, I've replied to previous threads check out my reply. Happy now new job in beautiful Tauranga. Good luck � ����

partnersincrime Apr 10th 2015 9:58 am

I have the degree and 5 years post grad experience. I had my PAR from NZQA through yesterday. Thank for the recommendation on the book, I will have a look, IELTS is the next thing to do, my references are being written now so hopefully I can submit my application by the end of the month. MrsEeyore, I will have a look at your other thread too ;0)

Allie25 Apr 24th 2015 11:09 am

Any news on your application? I'm still waiting & worried! 😔😔

Allie25 May 7th 2015 9:19 am

Got my registration 🙊🙊🙊

partnersincrime May 10th 2015 4:50 pm

yay Allie25!

I passed my IELTS and now I am just waiting for all of my references to come through so that I can submit stage 1.

Any news Feather111?

ZULU2000 May 11th 2015 11:38 am

hey guys

I myself have been fortunate enough to get ajob however i am not too sure about the visa 457 which is what the company has offered me ,someone told me it is possible to go on PR and i am not sure if ishould ask the employer to sponsor me via the PR route as opposed to the 457.

The job is aged care i am an RMN my mate who is over there tells me its very heavy and hard job in elderly care?????and if i ma on 457 i am tied up but if on PR you can look for a diff job please help or advise .

I also have a daughter who will be starting junior school if on 457 i will be paying international fees ?????

In terms of registration my pack is ready to be posted out the week but university is yet to confirm my course details to APRAH,has anyone done the police check thing its all money so expensive the process is i had to pay £150 just for noraty certification.

I have been told one can self sponsor the PR route but its costly and you need to ANMAC aassesmnet thing.

Any ideas.

i forgot to mention i have a BSC honours degree so i hope APRAH will accept that

escapedtonz May 11th 2015 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by ZULU2000 (Post 11642718)
hey guys

I myself have been fortunate enough to get ajob however i am not too sure about the visa 457 which is what the company has offered me ,someone told me it is possible to go on PR and i am not sure if ishould ask the employer to sponsor me via the PR route as opposed to the 457.

The job is aged care i am an RMN my mate who is over there tells me its very heavy and hard job in elderly care?????and if i ma on 457 i am tied up but if on PR you can look for a diff job please help or advise .

I also have a daughter who will be starting junior school if on 457 i will be paying international fees ?????

In terms of registration my pack is ready to be posted out the week but university is yet to confirm my course details to APRAH,has anyone done the police check thing its all money so expensive the process is i had to pay £150 just for noraty certification.

I have been told one can self sponsor the PR route but its costly and you need to ANMAC aassesmnet thing.

Any ideas.

i forgot to mention i have a BSC honours degree so i hope APRAH will accept that

Hi,

You are on the wrong forum.
457 visa is for Australia, not New Zealand.

ZULU2000 May 12th 2015 8:21 am

apologies i realised that i had posted on wrong platform

Boopy May 14th 2015 11:34 am

I'm also an RN with UK Diploma. Been in NZ 9 yrs now. No IELTS required then. Good luck to you all :)

partnersincrime May 18th 2015 3:55 pm

Can I ask what "Proof of Registration" for the NMC people have used? As it is all online now I am confused. I have Emailed the NMC but had no reply yet & it is the only thing that is outstanding before I can post stage 1 off. I have found "statement of Entry" and "Practitioner details" but neither of these looks very official.