Now then.

Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:04 pm
big dave

Dave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the rough
Default Now then.

Hi all.
My name is Dave (38) and I am married to Sophie (36) and have two boys (6 and 12). We are currently living with the mother in law' in Hull East Yorkshire after selling our house a couple of months ago. I have been a printer since leaving school and we have submitted our EOI, 115 points without a job offer, and have had our medicals. I plan to go to NZ on my own initially in mid to late July as a visitor to find a job. I have been in contact with a few employment agencies in the hope of getting a job but really need to be there to secure one.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

frattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura aboutfrattonlad has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Now then.

Welcome to you all.
Trev, er indoors is Sam and 2 children Freddie 3 (Nearly 4) and Lewis 17 months here.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:43 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dave-G
I plan to go to NZ on my own initially in mid to late July as a visitor to find a job. I have been in contact with a few employment agencies in the hope of getting a job but really need to be there to secure one.
Good plan.

Good luck with that.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:57 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough

we were thinking along the same lines, hubby goes out and gets job secured , we are a fair way off that yet though house to sell etc. good luck with your plans, let us know how it goes. sam
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all.
My name is Dave (38) and I am married to Sophie (36) and have two boys (6 and 12). We are currently living with the mother in law' in Hull East Yorkshire after selling our house a couple of months ago. I have been a printer since leaving school and we have submitted our EOI, 115 points without a job offer, and have had our medicals. I plan to go to NZ on my own initially in mid to late July as a visitor to find a job. I have been in contact with a few employment agencies in the hope of getting a job but really need to be there to secure one.
Hi Dave, Welcome to our little corner of the internet.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 11:40 pm
big dave

Dave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the roughDave-G is a jewel in the rough

Hey...you kids

Thanks to everyone for been so nice. I think the hardest thing about all this will be leaving the family at homeAny of you done this and come out of the mangle unscathed?
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Hey...you kids

Thanks to everyone for been so nice. I think the hardest thing about all this will be leaving the family at homeAny of you done this and come out of the mangle unscathed?
Hi Dave. Welcome aboard.

We've all done it! Whether we have come out unscathed is a question we will all have different answers to. I left my dad, sis, two daughters and all their families too when we came here in 2004. I've not been back. It was a quick decision but one I have no regrets about. The family in the UK still talk to me!

I'm a graphic designer and as such I may be able to compile a list of printers in the Wellington area which you could contact directly perhaps.

I can't wave any magic wands but let me know if you are interested.
I also have a mate who works at a print house... he may have some contacts, but he's in Canada till the end of July.

Richard
Old Jul 6th 2007, 3:07 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Hey...you kids

Yup, in 1999 I toughed it out for six months in Thailand for six months while my wife and daughter went to the US. Tough, eh?
Three months in 2002 after I first arrived in New Zealand, nine months over 2004 and 2005 when they both went back to the US to take care of some personal family business, and recently I was in California for three and a half months for some work reasons. We're alright. Just have to take it day by day.
Old Jul 7th 2007, 9:12 am
big dave

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
Hi Dave. Welcome aboard.!

I'm a graphic designer and as such I may be able to compile a list of printers in the Wellington area which you could contact directly perhaps.

I can't wave any magic wands but let me know if you are interested.
I also have a mate who works at a print house... he may have some contacts, but he's in Canada till the end of July.

Richard
Hi there Richard.

That would be a great help and would appreciate it very much. Coincidentally I applied for a job at a printers in Lower Hutt through the 'Seek' website but they didn't want anyone from overseas, another reason for coming to NZ.
If you could do a list you could email it to me if thats OK? I'll have a go at sending you a PM. Never do that before.
Cheers
Dave
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Dave
and welcome to this forum. May your NZ dreams come true