Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

now its real...gulp

now its real...gulp

Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:03 pm
life is what happens

moose1 will become famous soon enoughmoose1 will become famous soon enough
Default now its real...gulp

eek, tickets for hubby arrived on saturday and yesterday reality hit me, in less than a month he will be gone.
now i feel sick, nervous, excited, scared, happy and sad all at the same time.
now it's real, it's going to happen, this thing we've been planning for months is nearly here and whilst he will be in NZ i will be here in france tidying up loose ends.
how have the rest of you been coping what are your big fears, or even what are you most excited about, what are you most looking forward to when you arrive?
even any tips on how to hold it together till after he's gone through the departure gate and is out of sight!
Old Jul 4th 2005, 3:08 pm
Not a Junior Member!

Lisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura aboutLisa T has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: now its real...gulp

Originally Posted by moose1
eek, tickets for hubby arrived on saturday and yesterday reality hit me, in less than a month he will be gone.
now i feel sick, nervous, excited, scared, happy and sad all at the same time.
now it's real, it's going to happen, this thing we've been planning for months is nearly here and whilst he will be in NZ i will be here in france tidying up loose ends.
how have the rest of you been coping what are your big fears, or even what are you most excited about, what are you most looking forward to when you arrive?
even any tips on how to hold it together till after he's gone through the departure gate and is out of sight!

I'm in the same position. Hubby is leaving and we will follow on when the house is sold. The children will be lost without him and so will I but I keep thinking that there is an end to this. Am also wondering how long he has to be gone before I can claim I m a single parent and claim some benefits (good idea but too worried they'd find out........). I'm going to take him on my own as I can't bear the thought of the children crying all the way back from Manchester airport.

Keep smiling and thinking of the smile on your face when you meet up again!
He'll be so glad you're around and the time apart will remind him of how much you do that he doesn't realise happens.........

Lisa.....
Old Jul 4th 2005, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

rupert_pumpkin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: now its real...gulp

my girlfriends in nz just now and i won't see her till september when i move there, people say time apart can be a good thing but i don't agree - just think of the long term (a bit like a 26 hour plane journey, it sucks but when you get there it's all worth it), and how good your reunion will be

my biggest fears are not being able to visit my parents and missing my beloved dundee united, but there's so much to look forward to they haven't really sunk in yet