British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   The Nothing to do with the Scorching Thread whinges. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nothing-do-scorching-thread-whinges-738230/)

Stormer999 Nov 7th 2011 2:07 pm

The Nothing to do with the Scorching Thread whinges.

Right I want to cheer everyone in NZ up....when you eventually get up that is....:p Do you remember the UK dark, heavy grey days when the temp is struggling to reach 9C and there is a cold heavy drizzle and a biting cold wind, when the cat refuses to go out, the postman is resorting to a torch to read the addresses and your beer is better off outside...well today here it is reality...........:eek:

positive pam Nov 7th 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Scorching !

I know isn't it great :) And on the telly nothing but Christmas adverts :thumbdown: It's dark damp and depressing.:(
Can you think of something to cheer us up Stormer? :thumbsup:

shades Nov 7th 2011 2:45 pm

No more annoying m & s, boots adverts when we get to NZ :thumbsup:

Stormer999 Nov 7th 2011 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by positive pam (Post 9718860)
I know isn't it great :) And on the telly nothing but Christmas adverts :thumbdown: It's dark damp and depressing.:(
Can you think of something to cheer us up Stormer? :thumbsup:

Absolutely.......:sneaky: 1) The UK Border control have lost the whereabouts of asylum seekers the equivalent of the city of Oxford population. 2) The welfare state cheats are creaming off £22billion per year according to a private estimation that local government do not want to admit to. 3) The Border control admit to not controlling the border. 4) As a reward the Government have bought themselves £750,000 olympic tickets on tax payers account to relieve their stress..................Someone just asked me why I want to emigrate...:rofl:;) Think it's going to rain.......where's the beer.....;)
That's just the news from 1 week......:unsure:

whitesand Nov 7th 2011 6:45 pm

It's definitely not scorching up here in Auckland. Weather has been crap for the past few weeks. Unless you are out before eight when the sun shines for about eight minutes you miss it. In fact, weather here from end of March until now has been awful apart from the odd day and only two days of really warmish weather. Don't know why folks think this climate is warm.

whitesand Nov 7th 2011 6:48 pm

Yes, it may be cold grey and miserable in the UK but you lt least have central heating and double glazing. Here,just cold, grey and miserable for most of the year.

positive pam Nov 7th 2011 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9719284)
Absolutely.......:sneaky: 1) The UK Border control have lost the whereabouts of asylum seekers the equivalent of the city of Oxford population. 2) The welfare state cheats are creaming off £22billion per year according to a private estimation that local government do not want to admit to. 3) The Border control admit to not controlling the border. 4) As a reward the Government have bought themselves £750,000 olympic tickets on tax payers account to relieve their stress..................Someone just asked me why I want to emigrate...:rofl:;) Think it's going to rain.......where's the beer.....;)
That's just the news from 1 week......:unsure:

Erh hang on Stormer it's only Monday :thumbdown: Best get a six pack ay;) Aah I wondered why we were all leaving the sinking ship? Hmm wonder what Tuesday will bring then :ohmy:

lardyl Nov 7th 2011 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by shades (Post 9718885)
No more annoying m & s, boots adverts when we get to NZ :thumbsup:

you'll be absolutely screaming for them after a week of

Harvey Norman Go..........

and Go Harvey Norman Go......

and Go.......

and No One But Noel Leeming.......

and We've Got it You Want it........

and The Warehouse Where Everyone Gets a Bargain......

at least European ads can be witty, funny and charming, not many are here and those that are seem to be formulaic and to do with things Kiwi, how great the place is, how great the people are, slap on the back, blah blah....

and they don't come on every minute in the UK
and you don't get informercials inside movies - yeah single 5 minute ads for the Ab Circle Pro, or some other crap

just look at how long a movie takes to run in NZ........that'll give you an idea of the Telly Selly time - and there's no TizWas to brighten the day....

rant over................

/breatnes deeply/

Stormer999 Nov 7th 2011 7:36 pm

Sorry Lardyl....I do not watch any progs that show adverts....catch up TV only....;)

Stormer999 Nov 7th 2011 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by whitesand (Post 9719354)
Yes, it may be cold grey and miserable in the UK but you lt least have central heating and double glazing. Here,just cold, grey and miserable for most of the year.

You would have to be a rich man to switch on central heating this year....:eek:

lardyl Nov 7th 2011 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999 (Post 9719436)
Sorry Lardyl....I do not watch any progs that show adverts....catch up TV only....;)

sorry but for me it's an NCIS addiction, never liked CSI (in fact I hate it), but always been into NCIS - other than the LA variety

also I have the odd series that I want to watch. the walking dead, castle, etc

and we don't have anything to do with $ky. miserable liberal wallys that we are!

positive pam Nov 7th 2011 8:46 pm

NCIS and Castle, now you are talking! Good choice Lardyl. :thumbsup:

BEVS Nov 7th 2011 9:31 pm

Ahem :sneaky:

This is the Scorching thread. It's about all days considered scorching only.

If you wish to whinge about the UK or NZ in any way please take it to a whinge thread of which we have plenty. :lol:

Note: I reserve the right to move any off topic non-scorchy posts to a thread of their own.

whitesand Nov 8th 2011 1:18 am

Ha, ha, you sound a bit overheated Bev!

Am Loolah Nov 8th 2011 1:37 am

Originally Posted by whitesand (Post 9719949)
Ha, ha, you sound a bit overheated Bev!

I'd say she's a bit hot under the collar ...