Not moving

Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default Not moving

After being assesed my a migration agent we have been told that we would not qualify for permenant residency in New Zealand but could get a 3 year visa this is not an option for us as our son is 3 years old and if we were to move it would have to be permenant.
So looks like the New Zealand dream is over for us thank you to all who answered our questions.

Tont & Helen
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Not moving

Good grief, you should look a little beyond the advice you were given. If you came to NZ and worked then you would then start earning points for your permanent residency application. I know as a skilled migrant, you earn points for work actually completed in NZ. If you are keen to come, you should really do two things: don't spend any more money on consultants and two, drop into NZ House with an appointment and talk to them about what your options are looking out into the future. I wouldn't give up.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Not moving

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Good grief, you should look a little beyond the advice you were given. If you came to NZ and worked then you would then start earning points for your permanent residency application. I know as a skilled migrant, you earn points for work actually completed in NZ. If you are keen to come, you should really do two things: don't spend any more money on consultants and two, drop into NZ House with an appointment and talk to them about what your options are looking out into the future. I wouldn't give up.
I would have to second that "Never give up on your dreams" why pay money for people to do what you can do yourself it really isn't that hard just take a look on here at the amount of people who are now "living the Dream" it can be done GO FOR IT AND GOOD LUCK XXX
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Exactly, the process is not too hard. You can manage it yourself. Of course in our case we were sucessful as skilled migrants because we are so fit and sexy, but, in your case, get the visa you can and get started. Good grief, your son is three. He can do anything. If you moved to France next week, he would be virtually fluent in six months. We have three kids who were 10, 7, and 5 when we came. They have done just fine. Also, keep in mind, while you are changing countries, you are really just changing neighbourhoods.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
Exactly, the process is not too hard. You can manage it yourself. Of course in our case we were sucessful as skilled migrants because we are so fit and sexy, but, in your case, get the visa you can and get started. Good grief, your son is three. He can do anything. If you moved to France next week, he would be virtually fluent in six months. We have three kids who were 10, 7, and 5 when we came. They have done just fine. Also, keep in mind, while you are changing countries, you are really just changing neighbourhoods.
Yeah same here lol our kids are 8 and 5 and they settled in quicker than we did...
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago a Migration 'expert' company told me that I would never get PR for New Zealand as I would never be able to accrue enough points. I proved them wrong by getting a job organised by myself, getting a 3 year work permit then applying for PR as soon as I started work here in NZ. I have had my PR since July.

You can do it if you really want to.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

wow thank you all for your positive thoughts we will continue with our dream of moving
Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with al of the above, we too got assesed by a so called emigration expert and were also told we wouldn't get in, well 3 years later, we go a job offer and did the process ourselves, we went on line and filled out the EOI and scored 115 points - 8 weeks later we were granted PR we fly 15th March.

Don't give up, have a go yourself, it's quite an easy process.

go on give it a go, what have you got to loose.

good luck
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
After being assesed my a migration agent we have been told that we would not qualify for permenant residency in New Zealand but could get a 3 year visa this is not an option for us as our son is 3 years old and if we were to move it would have to be permenant.
So looks like the New Zealand dream is over for us thank you to all who answered our questions.

Tont & Helen
Why on earth not? I know a toy salesman who got a job here with an accredited employer, he nowruns his own business. Is there something wrong with your back ground, age or medics? Not every person who comes here is on the skills shortage list..toy salesman for one..police the 2nd..believe it or not its not a skills shortage (my arse) anyways get a job with plod secured and you're in. DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

we are very happy thanks to all of you we will be moving to New Zealand whatever it takes forget migration experts we will go it alone although we may ask your advice along the way thank you all for your positive imput we will make it.

Tony & Helen
Old Feb 16th 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Not moving

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
we are very happy thanks to all of you we will be moving to New Zealand whatever it takes forget migration experts we will go it alone although we may ask your advice along the way thank you all for your positive imput we will make it.

Tony & Helen
That's the way keep your Chins up, really it isn't that difficult (christ i did it) it only forms to fill out which really aren't that hard if you have any problems just ring Immigration and ask!!!! it's certainly cheaper than paying someone to do it for you, Our friends used a company to do it and it cost them £10'800 a rip off in my book, But i'm sure the compays would have something to say about that like "we relieve you of all the stress" .. Well the whole idea of doing it is so you can have a nice laid back relaxing live eh!!!
So what the heck that you have a few months of stress before hand!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Dont give up!!! Crickey!! Migration agents tell you the easiest way they can do things for you.....this doesnt mean you cannot get PR.
They are just looking for a way to make quick money. Get your work visas and get over here...you would get PR before you know it. But I do agree with other advice, get down to NZ house, as they will help you out too.

Whenever I am told I cannot do things it sets me off like red rag to a bull!! Go and prove that silly agent wrong, and live your dream!