Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Not invited to apply!!

Not invited to apply!!

Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Not invited to apply!!

:curse:

I have just received an email from NZIS saying that we will not be invited to apply! :curse:

Apparently, OH needs a national certificate in furniture making to achieve the bonus points necessary to give us over 100 points. :curse:

What is classed as anational certificate?! OH has City & Guilds 'The Craft Certificate in Furniture' and it has been pre-assessed as Level 3.

Please help! :curse:
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Re: Not invited to apply!!

I could cry!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 5:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I'm very sorry to hear the bad news. That's a real setback.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RedMonsk

I have just received an email from NZIS saying that we will not be invited to apply! :curse:

Apparently, OH needs a national certificate in furniture making to achieve the bonus points necessary to give us over 100 points. :curse:

What is classed as anational certificate?! OH has City & Guilds 'The Craft Certificate in Furniture' and it has been pre-assessed as Level 3.

Hi,
yes it is a setback but only that...can you not do work to residence over here...has hubby got a job offer and is it over the $45k threshold?

If it doesn't work one way just try another. Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unfortunately, we hadn't even bothered looking as we thought it was nigh on impossible to get a job from the other side of the world!

But if anyone out there knows of anyone who would be interested in employing a carpenter with 26 years of experience (kitchen fitting, English Heritage, site work) then please let me know!

Thanks for your reply!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry for you knock back, it may only be a hiccup.
Look on trade me jobs, there is a need for carpenters. Send "cottage in the sky" a PM, her son works in the building trade, doing kitchen etc...
Good luck.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:58 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I replied on the other site.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maz
Hey, I replied on the other site.
Hello again! As you can see I am desperate for any advice!

Thanks for advice Boopy - will contact CottageintheSky!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:01 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Very sorry to read this Redmonsk. It must be a terrible blow after all the effort.

If you don't mind , can you bung up the exact wording from NZIS . [leave out yer personals]

Which trade number did you put for your EOI ?

I'm just wanting us all to have all your details in case one of us can come up with something here. A pre-assessment to level3 should have been OK for carpentry.

Can your hubby do general type carpentry . You know , like on building site work. Or is his training only in furniture and kitchen fitting . I don't mean the 'only' in any way derogatory, just want to be exacting on what sort of job your husband might be best suited for.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:22 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news - but if your OH a carpenter then we can sure find work for him here in ChCh - and with companies who will sponsor you all as a family.

if this sounds groovy then PM me and we can take it from there.

All the best,

Wiz
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Very sorry to read this Redmonsk. It must be a terrible blow after all the effort.

If you don't mind , can you bung up the exact wording from NZIS . [leave out yer personals]

Which trade number did you put for your EOI ?

I'm just wanting us all to have all your details in case one of us can come up with something here. A pre-assessment to level3 should have been OK for carpentry.

Can your hubby do general type carpentry . You know , like on building site work. Or is his training only in furniture and kitchen fitting . I don't mean the 'only' in any way derogatory, just want to be exacting on what sort of job your husband might be best suited for.
Hi

Can't remember what trade number I put on EOI and have forgotten my user name and password - very helpful I know!

Wording was as follows 0

"Iam writing to inform you that you will not be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand.

You have miscalculated your entitlement to points as outlined below:

You have incorrectly claimed bonus points for your qualification and work experience. In order to claim points for having a qualification or work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage you must meet the requirements set out on the Long Term Skills Shortage List. The requirement to claim points for Cabinet Maker is that you must hold a National Certificate in Furniture Making – Level 4. As your qualification has been assessed by the NZQA at Level 3 you are not entitled to bonus points as a cabinet maker.

Your entitlement to points has therefore been assessed as follows:

Age – 10 points
Qualification – 50 points
Work experience – 30 points

The minimum points requirement for acceptance into the Skilled Migrant Pool is 100 points. Unfortunately, you do not meet this threshold, as your points total is 90.

If you have any comments or further information you would like considered in your Expression of Interest, please provide them in writing within ten working days of the above date. If we do not receive any communication from you within the above specified time frame we will assume you have nothing further to add."

However, should your circumstances change in the future you may re-lodge an Expression of Interest. Should you decide to re-lodge your Expression of Interest, please ensure that you make an accurate points claim. For further advice regarding Skilled Migrant category, please refer to our website, www.immigration.govt.nz."

OH can pretty much turn his hand to anything except cutting steel. He has worked for the same firm for about six years now who do new builds and renovations.

Hi Wiz & Ton

Thank you for your reply, any interest in OHs skills would be appreciated! I have to say (don't tell him) that he is very good at what he does and more importantly, he loves his work. Too much sometimes for my liking!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RedMonsk

Hi Nicky

Sorry to hear about what has happened.

Just checked our form I thought I had put Cabinet Maker, but I have put the
following:

71121 Carpenter and/or Joiner

City & Guildes 31 Mar 1983
Major area of study
Carpentry & Joinery
Date commenced studies Date completed studies
01 Apr 1980 31 Mar 1983

My heart goes out to you both, if we can help in any way, please do not hesitate to get in touch

Regards
Karen
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi redmonk

sorry to hear about your news, and you seem very determined to start your new life in NZ and i am sure that something positive will come out of this and that your dream will become reality.

keep your chin up

with regards

kirstie x
Old Jun 29th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing mate-but I hope someone does.Chin up. We've got loads of work here. My wooden timbers are ****ed! Good luck!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi Nicky

Sorry to hear about what has happened.

Just checked our form I thought I had put Cabinet Maker, but I have put the
following:

71121 Carpenter and/or Joiner

City & Guildes 31 Mar 1983
Major area of study
Carpentry & Joinery
Date commenced studies Date completed studies
01 Apr 1980 31 Mar 1983

My heart goes out to you both, if we can help in any way, please do not hesitate to get in touch

Regards
Karen
Hi Karen

I really hope your application proves to be more successful then ours!

OH did a three year apprenticeship in 'furniture making', can't understand why this isn't enough!

Please see below email I have just received from NZIS:-

NZQA is a seperate department from us so I can't comment on what is needed to get a higher level. It may be that if you were to get a full assessment it would come out higher but I'm not sure.

In any case I can't keep your EOI open long enough for you to gain the full assessment. But if you did decide to get the assessment and it came back at Level 4 you could submit a new EOI at that stage.

Does anyone out there think it is worthwhile going for the full assessment? i.e. will the outcome be any different!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.