Not Good news

Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:51 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not Good news

My Mum has Lung cancer just found out this morning

I have flights booked for a visit already in September would they change it to early dates and would i have to pay alot more?

any thoughts or help would be appreicated? dont know the outcome of how long she has or anything yet
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:02 pm
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Good news

sorry to hear that.

Have you tried telling the airlines your bad news, I remember reading here before that they are a bit more flexible when it's a bad news family related thing? Perhaps it's worth a trawl, or perhaps one of the mods can point you in the right direction.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
sorry to hear that.

Have you tried telling the airlines your bad news, I remember reading here before that they are a bit more flexible when it's a bad news family related thing? Perhaps it's worth a trawl, or perhaps one of the mods can point you in the right direction.
Thanks and she is in hospital and we will know more about things next week, she is 86 and i expect things like this to happen sometime. just hope i get to see her before
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that - it's always horrible receiving bad news from overseas. I'm sure the airlines will change your flight dates. Thinking of you and wishing your mum well.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ah noes Bev. I'm so sorry to read this news. It doesn't matter what the age of the person you love it's still the worst news.
I know you were so looking forward to your visit too and now this.

Phone up the airline immediately and have the conversation or the travel agent if you used one. If it were me, I wouldn't wait on next week. Just get back as soon as you can. Start travelling.

Big hug from me to you.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ah noes Bev. I'm so sorry to read this news. It doesn't matter what the age of the person you love it's still the worst news.
I know you were so looking forward to your visit too and now this.

Phone up the airline immediately and have the conversation or the travel agent if you used one. If it were me, I wouldn't wait on next week. Just get back as soon as you can. Start travelling.

Big hug from me to you.
Thanks Bev and I will after I speak to my sister in law tommorow
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
My Mum has Lung cancer just found out this morning

I have flights booked for a visit already in September would they change it to early dates and would i have to pay alot more?

any thoughts or help would be appreicated? dont know the outcome of how long she has or anything yet
oh... thats' so sorry to hear that.

Please be strong. ..

and very best wishes for your mum.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by crap coffee
oh... thats' so sorry to hear that.

Please be strong. ..

and very best wishes for your mum.
Thanks x
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Sorry to hear that - it's always horrible receiving bad news from overseas. I'm sure the airlines will change your flight dates. Thinking of you and wishing your mum well.
of course the Travel Agent is shut on the weekends!!!

i will know much more next week

thanks x
Old Jul 20th 2012, 11:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by love30stm
of course the Travel Agent is shut on the weekends!!!
Typical.

If needs be then phone the airline direct.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really sorry to hear this Bev. Having been through something similar with my mum-in-law earlier this year, I have a good idea what you are going through.

Our travel agent handled things but as that's not possible this weekend I agree with BEVS, get onto the airline asap. Even if you haven't got all the details at this stage, you can give the airline the heads up, they may be able to hold something for you temporarily. Get the name of the person you speak to, so you can refer back to them at a later date.

Love'n' hugs chuck.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:58 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Bev's so sorry for you. know how awful I felt when my mum was taken to hospital and we had only been here 6 weeks so wasn't like we hadn't seen her for ages.
I phoned the hospital direct and explained that I was in NZ and they where helpful enough to give me a time to call back when my mums Dr would be around to talk to me about things. Luckily for me my mum was going to be alright and the Dr was very reassuring and put my mind at rest.
As you know we went back in June so I knew I had that trip coming up to check on her personally myself.

Hopefully you get good news soon and you won't have to change your plans, but as others have said finding out what you can and can't do may also put your mind at ease a little before you to have decide.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 1:10 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

I am really sorry. Times like these really emphasize the distance from family.

My step dad had a car crash when my mum was visiting here. I spoke to Air NZ about getting her on a earlier flight home and they could not have been more helpful.

So speak to airline direct. Good luck.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 6:49 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Just echoing what everyone else said- really sorry to hear your news and do get onto the airline and see what they suggest. My inlaws had to cut a trip short once and the airline charged them nothing for the flight change (at short notice in peak season) so long as they produced medical letter.

Times like this the distance can suddenly seem so much greater.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 7:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

When you speak to your sister (& I'm assuming that she is near to where your Mum is in hospital), ask her to tell your Mum that she (your Mum) consents to you being given information about her over the phone by staff.
Ask for it to be written in her notes & passed on to all staff caring for her.

This gets over the frustrating phone calls were you are told "She's stable/comfortable etc." & you are able to get greater information.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.