Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Not coming now......

Not coming now......

Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:39 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not coming now......

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Sqooze me. My Mother didn't build roads. She served in Lions T House , where needn't apply, didn't apply.
It was only a joke Bevs - if we can't laugh at ourselves etc Never saw a T house in the UK but there is one in Clonmel in Tipperary still
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nici,

we are in the process of our house sale going through...should be completed on 9th November but as you know we came out without selling and rented it out to the tenants from Hell...business man in his 50's wife and 1 child they came from South Africa had good references, good bank balance and what a nightmare it has been with them, less than two weeks to go and they said nah not moving out now, make us...I swear if that FAT tw** temps me once more I will be on the next plane back to kick his ass straight through the wall!!!! We can't afford to pay our UK mortgage from over here, they don't pay the rent anymore and they seem to have all the rights. Hopefully we are back on track but I won't stop pulling my hair out until they have f***** off!

Don't let it stress you, you will get there eventually. You can still send off for your visas as you have the job offer, then it doesn't matter if they don't wait for Rog to come at least you have your 3 year visas and you can get him sorted when he gets over here!

Debbie
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Batty
It was only a joke Bevs
Well yes. I gathered that. It's an old joke often told.

So was mine Batty, rather after the same ilk as your own.

Lyons T House was a famous T house in London during the early '50s & very popular with the youngsters it was too.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 26th 2007 at 11:01 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 1:50 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kato33
Both buyers were the first in to view.
The first buggers ponced about with the price for 6 weeks and we finally accepted a lower offer only to find out another 6 weeks later that they had put an offer on another house
Then when we started having another alot of viewers, the first ones through the door put an offer in and we accepted straight away. We were even leaving ALL the furniture. The surveyor did warn us that these particular bunch do want you to leave everything including pot plants and even down to the bedding
sick mo fo's.

The mortgage has gone through the roof so we cant even rent it out, it just won't cover it.
Your agent should never have continued with these so-called buyers or at the least , suggested an immediate deposit etc.

I've been thinking about this during the morning.
Could you put this on a buy to let mortgage ? Friends of ours here have done just that. The buy to let mortgage was the only way to make renting out their UK property viable.

Perhaps you could approach your current lender for a repayment holiday. The find yourselves a better agent and have them re-market your property . Don't tell 'em your plans. That always seems to put the mockers on a half tidy , easy sale.

We had a complete nightmare with our house sale too. So many of us seem to have similar stories about our house sales.

Keep yer chin up Kato and please don't give up on your hopes and dreams to come to NZ.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kato33
Well thats that then.........for now.

The b***ards who are buying the house have gone on the missing list including there solicitor.

I was warned about this particular type of buyer, won't go into details through fear of being called a racist, but bugger me if I could get my hands on them I would break there poxy necks. These are the 2nd 'things' to do it to me:curse:

This is a total emotional rollercoaster. We have had to gear ourselves and the children up for this move we were supposed to do on the 5th Jan and now..............well we ain't coming.

So many people around with no morals, especially when it comes to house buying and money:curse:
I would look on it this way, put your house back on the market and whats meant to be will be. Dont let it be personal, otherwise your never sleep at night thinking about these idiots!
Just another NZ hurdle, could be nearly the last one though

Good Luck

Cheers Jads
Old Oct 27th 2007, 11:09 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jads
So many people around with no morals, especially when it comes to house buying and money:curse:
I would look on it this way, put your house back on the market and whats meant to be will be. Dont let it be personal, otherwise your never sleep at night thinking about these idiots!

Good Luck

Cheers Jads
Hi Nici,

As Jads said, with house buying and selling, to a certain extent one has to remain philisophical and repeat the mantra if it's meant to be it will be ...

I wouldn't give up on the dream altogether, look on it as temporarily delayed.

Have PM'd you.

Big hug.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jads

Good Luck

Cheers Jads
Its funny how it becomes immoral to pull out of a deal for a buyer..now the table is turned.. it seemed never immoral in the past to take a higher offer on a house from an other buyer..
Old Oct 28th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Only just seen this thread,sorry Nici. That is crap love. Would kneecap the bastards if you found them again,but good luck anyway-hope good fortune is waiting around the corner.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

If you're looking at renting out your home as an investment in the UK then switch it to an interest only mortgage unless of course you're happy and able to pay off capital as well and can cope with the higher payments.

The rental property business is built on interest only mortgages and it should be fairly easy to switch to such a product and maybe even release some cash from your house in doing so.

All depends on your personal circumstances so will not suit all but may be worth looking at. If you have a large ammount of equity in your UK house you could fund your move here from that and re-finance on an interest only mortgage which may be coverd by the rent........

Look up some of the products on the market and you'll find the multiples needed in regard to rentalable value versus borrowing mulitples.

I can recommend the Money Centre and a guy called Mike Townsend as a point of contact. They have quite a few products/rates that are lower than the open market.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eurotramp
Its funny how it becomes immoral to pull out of a deal for a buyer..now the table is turned.. it seemed never immoral in the past to take a higher offer on a house from an other buyer..
Did to me.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eurotramp
That was always immoral - and illegal in Scotland

Buyers can pull out until missives are signed
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by niseysOH
If you're looking at renting out your home as an investment in the UK then switch it to an interest only mortgage unless of course you're happy and able to pay off capital as well and can cope with the higher payments.

The rental property business is built on interest only mortgages and it should be fairly easy to switch to such a product and maybe even release some cash from your house in doing so.

All depends on your personal circumstances so will not suit all but may be worth looking at. If you have a large ammount of equity in your UK house you could fund your move here from that and re-finance on an interest only mortgage which may be coverd by the rent........

Look up some of the products on the market and you'll find the multiples needed in regard to rentalable value versus borrowing mulitples.

I can recommend the Money Centre and a guy called Mike Townsend as a point of contact. They have quite a few products/rates that are lower than the open market.

Credit Squeeze, higher interest rates and tighter criteria for being accepted for a mortgage do not make this as easy as it was unfortunately
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
Credit Squeeze, higher interest rates and tighter criteria for being accepted for a mortgage do not make this as easy as it was unfortunately
You will not have a problem getting a buy to let if your rental income from a property is within the normal multiples....

The supposed 'credit squeeze' is not stopping anyone i know getting mortgages and borrowing money in the UK to futher their portfolios if they have the money to release to invest and want to....

In terms of interest rates they are still low in the UK when looked at in a long term view of things.

There is still money to be made in property, despite the doom and gloom people saying there isn't, so long as your choices are carefully made. While many cautiously step away plenty of others will carry on making money.......there is always a risk its whether you choose to manage that risk and many won't.

Last edited by teambwr47; Oct 28th 2007 at 10:05 am.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niseysOH
if they have the money to release to invest and want to....
seems to be the key phrase here

Unfortunately we have been trying unsuccessfully to remortgage as we thought we would have sold by now but we are too poor
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

You lot are so bloody kind.

I have just stepped into work after a much depressing weekend and read all your replies.............ahhh shucks guys.......your the best

As many of you will know, it feels like your dreams are totally shattered when things like this happen but like you all say, I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!

Its only a set back and lets face it, there are plenty more people out there alot worse off. So, I would like to apologise for even having the cheek to rant about my small problem and say thanks to you guys for cheering me up this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.