Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Not coming now......

Not coming now......

Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Not coming now......

Well thats that then.........for now.

The b***ards who are buying the house have gone on the missing list including there solicitor.

I was warned about this particular type of buyer, won't go into details through fear of being called a racist, but bugger me if I could get my hands on them I would break there poxy necks. These are the 2nd 'things' to do it to me:curse:

This is a total emotional rollercoaster. We have had to gear ourselves and the children up for this move we were supposed to do on the 5th Jan and now..............well we ain't coming.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:29 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Not coming now......

I'm sorry to hear of your horrible luck. You seem so keen to get over here.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Post Re: Not coming now......

Sorry to here about the house, we were in the process of buying a house when we finally made up our mind to emmigrate to NZ I knew the seller needed to sell his house as his mum was ill and he was moving to spain to be with her. We really wanted to pull out but I couldnt do it! It would have saved us a lot of money but i believe if you commit to something you should follow it through so we now own a house which we dont need!!!!

But one good thing came out of it we found a family member who wanted to rent it so at least it will be an investment for the future.

Is there any way you could leave without selling your house and rent in NZ until its sold? Or rent out your house in the UK in the short term?

Did you have any others which you could chase up? I hope it works out for you whatever you decide!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Are these the same buggers that were jumpiung all over your bed?

How sh1t!!

And your right about this whole emotional rollercoaster! It must be worth it !
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Please explain more. We've been made aware of buyers who pull out at the last minute to get the seller to drop the price, are we on the same lines?

Is this a definate not able to go or a delay in the plan - I hope the latter as I know how keen you are to get there.
Forum Regular

sananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura aboutsananddave has a spectacular aura about

So sorry to hear this Nici - that is such a shite thing to do to anyone - cant you put it straight back up and see if it sells asap -maybe take a bit of a hit on it if you think its worth it to follow your dream. Sandra
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Sorry to here about the house, we were in the process of buying a house when we finally made up our mind to emmigrate to NZ I knew the seller needed to sell his house as his mum was ill and he was moving to spain to be with her. We really wanted to pull out but I couldnt do it! It would have saved us a lot of money but i believe if you commit to something you should follow it through so we now own a house which we dont need!!!!

But one good thing came out of it we found a family member who wanted to rent it so at least it will be an investment for the future.

Is there any way you could leave without selling your house and rent in NZ until its sold? Or rent out your house in the UK in the short term?

Did you have any others which you could chase up? I hope it works out for you whatever you decide!
Both buyers were the first in to view.
The first buggers ponced about with the price for 6 weeks and we finally accepted a lower offer only to find out another 6 weeks later that they had put an offer on another house:curse:
Then when we started having another alot of viewers, the first ones through the door put an offer in and we accepted straight away. We were even leaving ALL the furniture. The surveyor did warn us that these particular bunch do want you to leave everything including pot plants and even down to the bedding sick mo fo's.

The mortgage has gone through the roof so we cant even rent it out, it just won't cover it.:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
Are these the same buggers that were jumpiung all over your bed?

How sh1t!!

And your right about this whole emotional rollercoaster! It must be worth it !
Those were the f***ers.
I did not get the name kato for nothing so me thinks it best they keep well away..........I have never been this angry.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by McGowans
Please explain more. We've been made aware of buyers who pull out at the last minute to get the seller to drop the price, are we on the same lines?

Is this a definate not able to go or a delay in the plan - I hope the latter as I know how keen you are to get there.
Right...........if I offend then apologies.
Both were from Nigeria, both happened to have a husband/brother who were diplomats WTF
Basically, they want the whole damn kit and caboodle, and I mean everything in the house, even arguing when I said that my mother was having the BBQ
My mum was there at the time and when she said she wanted to have 2 of my paintings the brother-in-law, who was viewing the second time with the buyer and half of nigeria by the looks of it, told my mother she could not have the ornate mirror as he wanted it........ I have been told by numerous people that this is the usual crap you get from them.
I am sooooooo angry I can't even think straight. And to be honest I don't know if I and the kids can go through this anymore. It has dashed all hopes, we have a job offer too and I cant imagine them waiting too much longer.
F*** f*** f***
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:47 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

There's always an element of luck in this kind of situation.

I had a woman last year who was 100% certain she'd buy my house.

She died a week before the deal was finalised.

I was weeping the loudest at the funeral....
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Avid
There's always an element of luck in this kind of situation.

I had a woman last year who was 100% certain she'd buy my house.

She died a week before the deal was finalised.

I was weeping the loudest at the funeral....
Avid............just what I needed, a little chuckle in my dire hour of need.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:48 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kato33
Both were from Nigeria, both happened to have a husband/brother who were diplomats
Did they both have money in a secret European bank account that they couldn't access?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Avid
Did they both have money in a secret European bank account that they couldn't access?
I think they pobably didn't have any money and was hoping the government was going to pay for the lot.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:04 am

Avid............just what I needed, a little chuckle in my dire hour of need.

Fair enough, but apart form the funeral bit, it's a true story. I had a definite buyer drop dead a week before the exchange of contracts.

Luckily another mug stepped in later in the year. I should have told him to send the check to the NZ Government and cut out the middle man....
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats that then.........for now.

The b***ards who are buying the house have gone on the missing list including there solicitor.

I was warned about this particular type of buyer, won't go into details through fear of being called a racist, but bugger me if I could get my hands on them I would break there poxy necks. These are the 2nd 'things' to do it to me:curse:

This is a total emotional rollercoaster. We have had to gear ourselves and the children up for this move we were supposed to do on the 5th Jan and now..............well we ain't coming.
Wasn't a women in her fifties called Elizabeth O...... by any chance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.