Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Northland......I need to live there.

Old May 26th 2010, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Northland......I need to live there.

Well thank you Pixidust! I WAS kind of content in my little hamster wheel of a life in Palmy, I have invested in all kinds of things for the long term to make out home comfy..AND NOW I find myself having a desire, a need, nay a craving move to Northland..preferably Kerikeri as Kate could get work there. I have looked on Trademe and you can get some awesome houses with what I would call world class views. All of this because I had a little peak of Pixi's blog which is totally and utterly inspirational and very interesting. It makes my life seem oh so dull!!!!! God it looks so wonderful up there. So now I need to convince the kids and Kate that life will be better for us up there! I need a new adventure, I have gone stale and I need a new challenge. 'Operation Northland' swings into action!!!! If the family are up for it I will take what I can get for this place, not really bothered what we lose on it (cos we will!!) I just have to be in Northland. I am quite a spontaneous person (I asked kate to marry me after 11 days) and this feels as right as that did. I will let you know what happens. Anyone thinking of moving to NZ you MUST look at Northland. Thanks for the heads up PD!!! You are a star.
Old May 26th 2010, 12:43 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northland......I need to live there.

heehee you're so funny.
If you want a wee holiday you can stay in my mum's house, there would be room for all of you, I think!
I am totally biased but I love it here.
Old May 26th 2010, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
heehee you're so funny.
If you want a wee holiday you can stay in my mum's house, there would be room for all of you, I think!
I am totally biased but I love it here.
Thank you. I have so fallen in love with the place. The views from some of the houses are just to die for!!!! I just have four people, a couple of cats to convince, a house to sell and for Kate to find a job. Having moved from the other side of the world I am sure all that is doable!! Life is way too short to stay here forever IMO!! I will have yet another go at Big Wednesday tonight in the hope that I will be able to secure a move without having to sell this place..yeah right!! Still feint heart never won fair bint.
Old May 26th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Genesis;8589981] I am quite a spontaneous person (I asked kate to marry me after 11 days) QUOTE]

How long did it take for her to accept though??
Old May 26th 2010, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Robbo25;8590223]
Originally Posted by Genesis
I am quite a spontaneous person (I asked kate to marry me after 11 days) QUOTE]

How long did it take for her to accept though??
2-3 seconds. It took her dad a bit longer than that to come round. 40 year old divorced (she ran off with a toyboy!!) copper wanting to marry significantly younger daughter did not have a good ring to it..no pun intended. I think he likes me now..err accepts me.

Last edited by Genesis; May 26th 2010 at 4:35 am.
Old May 26th 2010, 4:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Genesis
Funny you should write that. We've been contemplating a Northland move of late.
Old May 26th 2010, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
It's a hell of a lot easier to get to see the rugby from northland!
Old May 26th 2010, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Felix does not want to move anywhere and i quote "I am very settled here dad." This might be a tricky one. I feel the need for bribery will soon hove into view.
Old May 26th 2010, 5:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by pricklykina
It's a hell of a lot easier to get to see the rugby from northland!

... and shows ... and concerts.....and main airports.......and a city and, and.....

Nelson and Bays is lovely to live in but somewhat isolated in it's location .

I feel the need for bribery will soon hove into view.
Old May 26th 2010, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice

This is great, I am moving there on 17th June, we were hoping to keep kerikeri a secret
Old May 26th 2010, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jo_Paul87
This is great, I am moving there on 17th June, we were hoping to keep kerikeri a secret

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us know just how wonderful it is!! Best of luck on your new, wonderous life.
Old May 26th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I could do Keri Keri, a little too small for me. Whangarei could be an option I guess though, as still close enough to travel to Auckland when required.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Not sure I could do Keri Keri, a little too small for me. Whangarei could be an option I guess though, as still close enough to travel to Auckland when required.
Yes Whangarei is still a possible option for us if we ever get our act together. There doesn't seem to be many regular BE peeps living out that way compared to other areas (unless they are in hiding !!!) .

We visited Whangarei last year but would probably personally live outside of Whangarei maybe Waipu/Whangarei Heads/Ngungunguru (sp??!!!!!)

Whangarei Boys School ...... has anyone got any experience/insight/views on the school . The school website is very informative and ERO Report looks ok (Decile 5 rated).....

My boys would be in fishing / surfing heaven if we ended up in Northland !!!!

Genesis - if you have checked out the following website, it sure is inviting http://www.northlandnz.com/

Lou x
Old May 26th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Genesis, my son never liked moving so when I found somewhere I wanted to go to, we'd take a small road trip to the area. He'd get all excited about all there was to do and I had no difficulty moving us. Don't know if it's possible for you to do this, maybe a son and dad trip alone, but might be something to consider? Good luck whatever you do.

Kristina

PS I agree, Northland is beautiful, quite liked Pahia and Russell.
Old May 26th 2010, 7:34 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

...... Northland!!!.....

Good move to make IMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.