Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Northern soul should it stay?

Northern soul should it stay?

Old Oct 1st 2009, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Northern soul should it stay?

Northern Soul Doco from ...... you guessed it..... Granada TV, my old man's former employer.......
Warning! Long video, lots of "regional" accent so some Kiwis may need an interpreter, 'appen......4,000,000 episodes of Coronation Street may not prepare you for this one.....

Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:01 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Last one for the night.......Judy Street is streets ahead,,,,,,,

go soul baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

rather better than soft cell...........

Last edited by lardyl; Oct 1st 2009 at 12:04 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 12:05 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by BEVS
...Northern Soul for NZ and plenty of it please

Northern Soul worldwide in fact.

One thing we can't do here is attend some of the meets.
enuf for ya?

last one....really:

I feel a moto coming on..........

Last edited by lardyl; Oct 1st 2009 at 12:13 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:40 am
you dewty owld maan!

Running more soul up the pole.....but with the right "Foundations"

forgive all the "wow and flutter" as its an original ToTP clip!

Had the lads dancing to these "Pye" masterpieces today - before I left for work
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

The Swedes are OK, although it's all a bit ABBA - and does anyone have a link to a full performance of this by the Foundations.....??

Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:31 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by lardyl
Last one for the night.......Judy Street is streets ahead,,,,,,,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dXLxtRzssdQ

go soul baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

rather better than soft cell...........

works

had to re-link as I wanted to bump and listen to Judy again
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of going OT, Libby have a look at this thread, you might like it:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ls#post7973423

hey, I've got lots to talk about the gig........eh Thanks tho.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:45 am
you dewty owld maan!

scuse the padding - here's some real content...........rock that piano!
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by crap coffee
hey, I've got lots to talk about the gig........eh Thanks tho.
the avatar says a bit.........
that Brixton Album is on my iPod, the kids like the stuff they can listen to quite a bit, so all's good.....
must off to bed though, Pageant rehersal in the morning and I was working today
gald to see you back
Old Dec 5th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

that Brixton Album is on my iPod, the kids like the stuff they can listen to quite a bit, so all's good.....
gald to see you back
Catch you later. am hungry and in a daze ........cos I've been doing work all day...........Sweet dreams.

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 5th 2009 at 11:58 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

gald to see you back
Sounds like you've been a good daddy. I am glad you encourage your children's natural love of music.

This may sound totally silly, but always thought I was going to tell you this some time (from a long long time ago). I mean listening to Terry's NO NO NO... Reminds me of You...always! the lyrics in particular. dunno why tho. I know it's so funny, and you probably burst out laughing.........

No, No, No

the promises you set before me
are only put there to annoy me
but all they ever do is bore me
to tears
and as you try to make some money
is it ok to call you honey?
no i'm not trying to be funny
just clear

oh no
here comes those violins again

(let's call it love) oh no not love
(sealed with a kiss) oh no not a kiss
(it must be love) oh no not again
what is this game you're playing
the edges keep on fraying
that's why i keep on saying no no no

you offer transcendental moonshine
i'm only looking for a lifeline
don't wash our dirty clothes in public
my dear
i've done the things that you've demanded
and still you're taking this for granted
guess you've got both feet firmly planted
in the air (what do yo care?)

oh no here comes those violins again

(let's call it love) oh no not love
(sealed with a kiss) oh no not a kiss
can't stand the complications
don't need the aggravation
that's why i keep on saying
no

(let's call it love) no no not love
(sealed with a kiss) no no no not a kiss
what is this game you're playing
the edges keep on fraying
that's why i keep on saying no no no

and hey
i'll see you later!

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 5th 2009 at 10:33 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks for the Northern soul stuff. Technically I couldn't play youtube neither at my place nor at work, so.... I am playing them here in auckland now .. takes quite a bit of time to watch tho. but it's good!

Last edited by crap coffee; Dec 11th 2009 at 11:40 am.