Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

Originally Posted by Campbells

Heard that someone had walked out his show cause he said something about all the Kiwi’s looking the same, not sure what he referring to but was that someone in this forum that walked out ?

:
You know, Kiwis do look alike. It is something about the shape of the head that seems different from my Canadian experience. I like to take a good look at people and have noticed this.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:36 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CAN2NZ
You know, Kiwis do look alike. It is something about the shape of the head that seems different from my Canadian experience. I like to take a good look at people and have noticed this.
Just don't mention it on stage, you may get a few walk-outs
Old Apr 4th 2007, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

For what its worth myself and my wife have been in Auckland for 10 days now, for the past couple of days Amy has been working in the city - she gets the park and ride, its $8 no stress. I have been attending interviews in the city, I can drive right through the city, no stress, no hassle and get where I want to go, then I can turn around drive 20mins and I am home running along a beautiful beach. Doesnt get much better.

Yesterday morning I went and volunteered at Long Bay parkland, not for any other reason than because I had the time and I wanted to do something to help give back for the privilege of living in such a pretty country. I wouldnt have done that in the UK.

For us Auckland offers the best of both worlds!!! We are the lucky ones. Apart from the fact our cat arrives in 3 weeks and his name is JAFFA!!!! (Hes ginger!!) God knows how that will turn out!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

davec987 will become famous soon enoughdavec987 will become famous soon enough

Great stuff trigod, sounds like you are enjoying it up in Auckland

So are you lining up any triathalons etc?
A friend of mine competed in his first Ironman a few weeks ago in Taupo and loved it.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by davec987
Great stuff trigod, sounds like you are enjoying it up in Auckland

So are you lining up any triathalons etc?
A friend of mine competed in his first Ironman a few weeks ago in Taupo and loved it.
Ahh yeh I was waiting to read the review of Ironman NZ. I have looked into the local club and it seems pretty big so will join them for next season. Will line up a few short races than may try to enter Ironman NZ 2008...fingers crossed!! Winter training for now, miles, sweat and tears!!!!

Where does you mate live?
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

He lives in Nelson.

He is talking about doing an Ironman in Perth next - not sure when that one is. He seems pretty hooked now!

Can't remember exactly where he came now - think around 200th, made up a load of places during the last stage (marathon)
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by davec987
He lives in Nelson.

He is talking about doing an Ironman in Perth next - not sure when that one is. He seems pretty hooked now!

Can't remember exactly where he came now - think around 200th, made up a load of places during the last stage (marathon)
Wow thats good going. To be honest it would be about survival for me on the first one. Unless I sack off getting a job and train full time!!!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Definitely good going, he was stoked with it. And really enjoyed his greasy fish and chips that evening!!

Well hope your training goes well - man, makes me feel tired thinking about it. Gym 3-4 times a week is more than enough for me!
Old Apr 4th 2007, 9:47 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
For what its worth myself and my wife have been in Auckland for 10 days now.....I can drive right through the city, no stress, no hassle and get where I want to go, then I can turn around drive 20mins and I am home running along a beautiful beach. Doesnt get much better.
like the name for the moggie..... ....however,
/takes reality check/
sorry dude but that view of the great city will change sooner that you can blink........enjoy it while it lasts......and enjoy the shore; that feeling will last longer, believe me