Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

Old Mar 24th 2007, 4:19 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NORTH vs. SOUTH getting nasty

Originally Posted by anarkissed bathmat
Hey Campbells, I for one find your posts interesting, I may not always agree with them, but that's cool, they generate interesting discussion and I'm all for that. They make me think.
Littletoe, good post mate.

Good on ya A Bathmat (love the screename!), that's what its all about, cheers to you
Old Mar 24th 2007, 6:15 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anarkissed bathmat
Hey Campbells, I for one find your posts interesting, I may not always agree with them, but that's cool, they generate interesting discussion and I'm all for that. They make me think.
Littletoe, good post mate.
As long as the posts are interesting and are soup for thought.

It makes me think that they make you think so you have made me think too.

Interesting handle you go there.

Cheers and have a good weekend
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:43 am

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GowHow
The main reason for this site is for people to have a right good moan!
Oh i thought the main reason for this site was for people to gain information from other people who have or are in the process of making the move to NZ, or info once they've arrived...silly me!!!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:03 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
In the last few weeks I have experienced several attacks from people disagreeing with the content of my posts. I was under the impression that this forum was a place for open minded people to have a civilised debate.

Looking at the response trends it seems that there is a dislike from certain members who have an apparent disregard towards people that are considered Aucklanders. The one member states in an earlier post that they moved the South Island because they were struggling in Auckland.

If I were sitting on the fence ( deciding to move to NZ) in some far off country looking at this forum as a point of reference it would certainly not give NZ a high ranking in the nice people department. I would imagine the main purpose of this site is for non NZ residents to get an idea ( and different views) on NZ and not get caught in the middle of some bloody barrage of insults - that does not send the right message.

I think it is hypocritical to get abusive with people who post points of view that can be considered as negative towards NZ and then have this FU Aucklanders attitude.

I understand that tall-poppy syndrome is alive and well in NZ but really this whole JAFA thing in itself is a negative about New Zealand. We chose to settle in Auckland as it is the business hub of NZ and both my wife & I have started our businesses here. Whilst a lot of folk go to work and do 8 hour shifts we both do what we love doing and get paid for it. Outside business Auckland has enough outdoor life for us.

I think it shows a balanced NZ having input from all areas and not a battle of locations to see who can prove they chose to settle in the best area . Auckland hosts 25% of the NZ population – there’s a reason for that

PS: We love it here in NZ
Wow, what a patronising and condesening post from the biggest sh*t stirrer here.

You deliberatly post sweeping generalisations about subjects you have very little knowledge of. You love to state how "well paid" you are. You recently attacked posters accusing them of running away from the UK, pretty rich from someone who ran away from South Africa. The only one being hypocritical is yourself.

There is no North vs South "nastiness" here. Just people trying to make their way in this country. Not that you give out much advice yourself.

How about a bit more postive contribution from yourself? How about some advice on setting up a business? I am sure lot of people would benefit from your insights to that.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:35 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Wow, what a patronising and condesening post from the biggest sh*t stirrer here.

You deliberatly post sweeping generalisations about subjects you have very little knowledge of. You love to state how "well paid" you are. You recently attacked posters accusing them of running away from the UK, pretty rich from someone who ran away from South Africa. The only one being hypocritical is yourself.

There is no North vs South "nastiness" here. Just people trying to make their way in this country. Not that you give out much advice yourself.

How about a bit more postive contribution from yourself? How about some advice on setting up a business? I am sure lot of people would benefit from your insights to that.
Hey great idea, here’s some positive contribution to consider when starting your own business (see attached).

It is rather funny that you also seem to only see my negative (how you read them) posts whilst you have contributed to this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...21#post4555521

but fail to see my positive contributions. I have told you in previous posts I am not paid, I run my own business and earn a salary.

Ultimately you are entitled to your opinion and so am I why are you so determined to de-face mine.

BTW this is not a business advice forum. My advice to you is stop making an embarrassment of yourself

Have a positve evening
Attached Thumbnails NORTH  vs. SOUTH getting nasty-mediocrity.jpg  
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:43 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Looks like you just lost another sale of your soup
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:09 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cherry
Looks like you just lost another sale of your soup
Well actually dear, if we are going to get creative here I thought beachcombers waited for things to get washed up on the shore.

My soup is not in that market my dear so don’t fret no sale lost.

But thank you for your concern.

You see I can deliver a message whilst retaining manners and civility.

Cheers

Last edited by Campbells; Mar 25th 2007 at 10:02 am.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:05 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

No no, I have to step in at this point. I have the greatest respect for Beachcombers, and I have read posts by Cherry that I also like. Please don't be rude, we're all in the same boat here. You are only going to get peoples backs up talking like this, and I'm sure that beneath your tin of an exterior, I'm sure there is a nice guy in there. I've actually not read any of your other posts, so I don't know what sort of person you are, but basing your image on that of an Andy Warhol image, I imagine that you aren't an ignorant sort. Please lets all drink beer and live in peace.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hey great idea, here’s some positive contribution to consider when starting your own business (see attached).

It is rather funny that you also seem to only see my negative (how you read them) posts whilst you have contributed to this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...21#post4555521

but fail to see my positive contributions. I have told you in previous posts I am not paid, I run my own business and earn a salary.

Ultimately you are entitled to your opinion and so am I why are you so determined to de-face mine.

BTW this is not a business advice forum. My advice to you is stop making an embarrassment of yourself

Have a positve evening
OMG you the most uptight personality. "I run a business and earn a salary", like no body else here earns a salary? Good on you, I am sure you are more deserving.

Saw the attached..........Sums you up pretty well.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Hey littletoe ,thanks for the back up but I think its just a bit of banter and I like to see a little bit of a change from clone posting.I just had a post about Scotsmen and kilts and sheep and it was taken in all as a laugh by Campbells so he can take what he gives as well.Just be lucky we dont all suffer from that attention seeking disorder disease
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Littletoe
Please lets all drink beer and live in peace.
Mines a vodka please.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boopy
Mines a vodka please.
OH NO ,Dee`s on the VODKA ,better get the red wine out for myself
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Boopy
Mines a vodka please.
Currently a Grovemill Savvy, right yum!

Cherry what's your tipple?

How's your first weekend in Aotearoa Littletoe?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
OH NO ,Dee`s on the VODKA ,better get the red wine out for myself
Just a small one, work tomorrow. Are you still at the red wine for medicinal purposes.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:36 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Littletoe
No no, I have to step in at this point. I have the greatest respect for Beachcombers, and I have read posts by Cherry that I also like. Please don't be rude, we're all in the same boat here. You are only going to get peoples backs up talking like this, and I'm sure that beneath your tin of an exterior, I'm sure there is a nice guy in there. I've actually not read any of your other posts, so I don't know what sort of person you are, but basing your image on that of an Andy Warhol image, I imagine that you aren't an ignorant sort. Please lets all drink beer and live in peace.
Hold on,

Nee naa nee naa nee naa. That’s the arrival of the BE police.

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
Wow, what a patronising and condesening post from the biggest sh*t stirrer here. .
Officer it wasn’t me, he called me a sh*t stirrer. But if it makes you happy I can re-edit my post for you, how’s this ?

The accused quickly posts a re-edit for officer Littletoe’s approval ….

Well actually dear, if we are going to get humorous here I thought beachcombers waited for things to get washed up on the shore.

My soup is not in that market my dear so don’t fret no sale lost.

But that you for your concern.

You see I can deliver a message whilst retaining manners, civility and humour.

----------------------------------------------------------

How’s that officer Littletoe ?

Can we drink a few beers now, hey I’m all for a few beers and a good laugh.

Cheers

PS: My creation was not based on AW it is an Affscot original. Half Campbell tartan , half African Zebra and of course the soup. If you could make oot the detail on the can it is Pap N Haggis soup. Yet another Affscot recipe guaranteed to get a smile on yer dial.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.