Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

North & South magazine- re immigration

North & South magazine- re immigration

Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute
Default North & South magazine- re immigration

Anyone read the depressing article about NZIS in the recent issue? Makes for dire reading- staff receive a few days training (compared with weeks for immigration staff in the UK) before getting stuck in and the catalogue of mistakes etc is quite depressing
Old Oct 1st 2008, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North & South magazine- re immigration

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Anyone read the depressing article about NZIS in the recent issue? Makes for dire reading- staff receive a few days training (compared with weeks for immigration staff in the UK) before getting stuck in and the catalogue of mistakes etc is quite depressing
Not seen the article but considering the experiences I've had so far with NZ IS that doesn't exactly surprise me

Last edited by chocolate cake; Oct 1st 2008 at 9:07 am. Reason: another typo
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I started to post a reply to this earlier , simply because I felt that many people have felt their NZIS experience was not all that & for just cause !

I have since read the article BB and must say that whilst quite damning, it is balanced in the way it is written. I can see several people here being very interested in this article in light of the way their cases have been treated. It certainly does reflect my own thoughts in the way that NZIS does seem to fluctuate in its interpretation of it's own operational manual.

In other words. They need more training & time to understand what they are looking at !

We would say they are dealing with peoples lives. Perhaps they are just looking at $$$
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:59 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was the lawyer here in Hawkes Bay quoted as saying (although I'm not quoting here- just giving the general gist) that certain COs names alone make him concerned.

Sometimes I've found it hard to believe peoples immigration woes, given how quick and painless mine was but the tale of Vietnamese man was quite heartbreaking and I'm sure he's just one of many.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:20 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

The run around we had first time we applied was crazy. Then they changed it mid application. All it did was make us waste alomost a year. We may still be in NZ if it were not for all the messing about. 2004 that was. But still other doors opened, better ones.