Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

North or South?...

North or South?...

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:56 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default North or South?...

Hello fellow Brits turned Kiwis

I'm Marion, I used to be active on the US board but it's just way too fast-moving. I have always had a hankering to move Down Under. When I was younger of course I wanted to move to Oz, but with age and wiseom my focus has moved to NZ.

I have a few non-expat friends who are on or from the North and South Islands, and wondered what the Brit expat view was of those islands...

Thanks for any feedback. We're going to visit as a family in January 2008 with the nipper, who won't be so wee then (nearly 6 1/2) and I'll be looking to interview for some jobs. Hubby is 100% American, I'm 100% Brit, we met in France and the littl'un was born in the US, so I need to be able to convince him that live *will* be much better in NZ.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: North or South?...

Dunno, I live on the North and love it, only been to the South for a real quick break but will definitely go back for a long holiday as soon as its possible.

Not been to US either but I see you are from Essex and as another Essex girl I can safely say you will like it here more! What town are you from?
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Winnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud ofWinnie has much to be proud of

I've only been to the north island and love every bit of it. Its a great place to live. I have been told to visit the south island as its so beautiful and will be doing in January. I think you'd have to look at whats available for you, everyone has different preferences, city, country, beach, quiet, busy, job opportunities etc. Have you thought about a 'reccie' first, it would be the best way to decide.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

North to live and work, North and South for rest and play!!! Yeah baby!!