Reload this Page >

North shore, Drinking...Partying...Football Highlights

North shore, Drinking...Partying...Football Highlights

Old May 6th 2011, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Pompey_Russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default North shore, Drinking...Partying...Football Highlights

Hi people,

I'm 26, from Portsmouth & moved to NZ (Takapuna) about 6 weeks ago with the missus-25. Just started working & i'm missing the local pub banter with my mates already!!

If any like minded people fancy meeting up for Drinking/Partying anytime/anywhere or watching the football highlights down the battle cruiser i'd jump at the chance!! The landlord of a pub in Takapuna records them & plays them back if you ask him.

Could do with letting our hair down after a few very stressfull weeks of job/house hunting!!

Also if anyone knows of any local football teams in need of a hard tackling centre back please let me know.
Old May 9th 2011, 12:14 am
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North shore, Drinking...Partying...Football Highlights

Hi Russ,

We have about 10 attackers and only 5 defenders this season so we're on the lookout for some more defenders!

Our team is Boca 60s, we're in Division 4

We haven't had a great start to the season – we're pretty much a new team, and we've had quite a few injuries (and defensive problems!) but we're starting to play proper football and we're playing much better.

Let me know if you're interested,

Cheers,

Paul Thornton

Last edited by BEVS; May 18th 2011 at 4:07 am. Reason: wee snip of the web site and personal details. You can place a link to your website in your signature.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Which pub is the one that plays em??
Cup final on saturday. I'm a red manc and will definately NOT be getting up
in the early hours to watch the blue shit at wembley BUT, i wouldnt mind watching it later in the day.
Old May 14th 2011, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Colandros, it's the Sin Bin that shows the games mate & I was going to go down there Sunday lunchtime about 1ish.
Old May 14th 2011, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

Fa cup final full game highlights in Takapuna bar at 16:00 so I'll be tryin to not find out the result before then
Old May 18th 2011, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Hey Russ, just being nosey, but where abouts in Pompey you from?

Jacki
Old May 18th 2011, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Hi Jacki,

I'm from Portchester, what about yourself?? I'm guessing you're originally from the best city in the world aswell
Old May 18th 2011, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Lol were from there too, although were a bit older than you guys. Did you go to Portchester school? You said you were mising the night life! im assuming you didnt mean Portchester night life
Old May 18th 2011, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Yeah we both went to Portchy School!! I've been here two months now & you're the fifth person i've spoken to who's lived in Portchester, talk about "small world"!!

My local back home is the Wicor mill & we manage to get that place pretty lively most weekends , but i also go to Fratton Park the theatre of dreams & end up down the town, so no i'm not just talkin about lovely Portchester

How long have you been living on the other side of the world??
Old May 18th 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Hey
we've been here 9 months now were up on the peninsular, yep the wicor was quite lively had some good music on occasionally too. we were a bit more sedate and frequented the seagul and the sailing club mostly, i do miss port solent thou. we so need a weatherspoons here lol we've not met anyone from Portchester as most peps up here seem to be north of London. sounds like your settling in well thou! Takkapuna is def more lively than Orewa and the peninsular.
Old May 18th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killercat
Hey
we so need a weatherspoons here lol .
Oohh!! How i'd love that to happen.
I move upto whangaparaoa today and have to find a pub that does a decent pint.
I had one here in cambridge that did a nice pint of boddingtons (my local brew back home)
All i've found so far are Guinness and Killkenny so if you know of a boddies pub let me know.
Old May 19th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
I had one here in cambridge that did a nice pint of boddingtons (my local brew back home)
All i've found so far are Guinness and Killkenny so if you know of a boddies pub let me know.
Sorry to tell you but the only 'pub' within walking(ish) distance is also a food place - Sizzle, at the Plaza. The last time I went in there it was full of young 'uns and a DJ! I have heard they have live music every now and then but not sure how often that actually is.

The next place is out at Gulf Harbour - easily a 15-20 minute drive away Vitalstatistix will be able to fill you in more on that one (not that you're a regular bar crawler A )

Oh and welcome to Arkles Bay I'm just down the other end of your road
Old May 19th 2011, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by colandros
Not much choice up here im afraid, theres Gulf Harbour where the quiz night is and Sizzle which is dead most of the time. dont think either would sell Boddies thou! Muldoons in Orewa might do thou, otherwise you'll need to head towards Browns bay and Takkas but certainly not within walking distance, and youve got one heck of hill to walk down to yours lol
Old May 19th 2011, 8:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
Sorry to tell you but the only 'pub' within walking(ish) distance is also a food place - Sizzle, at the Plaza. The last time I went in there it was full of young 'uns and a DJ! I have heard they have live music every now and then but not sure how often that actually is.

The next place is out at Gulf Harbour - easily a 15-20 minute drive away Vitalstatistix will be able to fill you in more on that one (not that you're a regular bar crawler A )

Oh and welcome to Arkles Bay I'm just down the other end of your road
Thanks Michelle

The Pacific Bar gets quite busy on Friday/Sat nights, as well as on Wednesday night for the quiz. Never seen Boddies for sale there, I occasionally get the OH a few cans from the Supermarket. I know it's not the same but.....

I'd say it's only a 10-15 min drive from you but that could be how I drive

We went to Sizzle a couple of weeks back on a Friday evening about 9.30pm & the place was dead apart from our table of 10!!!! The Kiwis were probably tucked up in bed by then but then they'll have been up early next morning to go fishing probably
Old May 19th 2011, 9:19 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh you lot stop trying to be so manly and have a bottle of Babycham ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.