Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

North Shore 25-35'ers pub crawl!

North Shore 25-35'ers pub crawl!

Old May 28th 2011, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Shore 25-35'ers pub crawl!

Originally Posted by UKStu
Hey David,

I moved to the North Shore from the UK 3 months ago and would definitely recommend Milford, Takapuna or Browns Bay. To be honest, most places on the North Shore have excellent transport links into the CBD. It takes me around 20 mins each morning on the bus. A far cry from my 2 hr commute in London.

There are quite a few expats on the Shore around our age, I am just starting to make a small group of friends so I am sure it won't take too long for yourselves. As you can see from this board, people are more than welcoming and looking to meet for a few beers. When you arrive, make sure you drop us a line.

Stu
Hi Stu,

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome! We fly on Monday, so not long to go! We are going to be looking for properties between Milford and Devonport as its my aim to be able to catch the bayswater ferry to the CBD for work.

As for the night out, we will be staying down in Ellerslie/Remerua, but will try to make it up to Takapuna and hope to find a way back! (Relying on public transport for a while). My vote would be for the 11th as I think the 4th will be a bit mad for us.

David.
Old May 31st 2011, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

So looks like 11th will be best - any other takers??
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:21 am
Just Joined

strange1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone out there for a early 40,s meet up??? We both love all of the above so any ideas where to go we are in Stanmore Bay
Old Jun 5th 2011, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by strange1
Anyone out there for a early 40,s meet up??? We both love all of the above so any ideas where to go we are in Stanmore Bay
lol were early 40's and late 30's and are happy to meet up too, although i feel we'll be hard pushed for a pub crawl on the peninsular as there's only about 4 pubs lol
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

We land in Auckland in 12 weeks and are looking for a rental on the North Shore and would love to get a bit of a social circle going too. We are both early 40's and I do like a bit of a giggle !

Oh our son will be with us too but I am sure he will be looking to do his own thing as he will be 18 by then so any suggestions there would be good too

Annabel
Old Jun 9th 2011, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all

Apologies for not posting a response - it's been a manic week!!
Not a great response from other posters! Shall we still go ahead and meet in Takapuna this Saturday or maybe try for another date??
David - hope the move went well and you're both settling in
Old Jun 9th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Faye - yes we are up for a drink or 2 on Saturday evening, say 7ish in Takapuna? Everything is so expensive here, so until we both get jobs we can't do a bigger night out - sorry.

We are about to try and move to an unfurnished place in Takapuna so fingers crossed, although we have been very torn by a fully furnished spot in Milford!

Hoping Takapuna will provide decent enough transports links into the city for me to work as we cannot afford a car until I get a job!

Let us know about Saturday.

David.
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:29 am
Just Joined

Pompey_Russ is an unknown quantity at this point

Soz for the late response, totally forgot to look on here if I'm honest we were both going to be in Takapuna Bar from 7ish onwards for drinks this Saturday night anyway so hopefully we can meet up & have a few
Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Great - David I'll pm you my number and then you can give me a call when you get to Takapuna as I'm assuming you will be relying on public transport and who knows when that will turn up
Russ - Dan has your number so I'll get him to sort something to meet you guys
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Sounds good - see you all later. We are heading out to Newmarket in a mo to have a look around the shops. Will text you later Faye!

David.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Was good to meet up last night
David - hope you managed to catch your last bus back. Did you get a Burger Fuel? If so what did you think??
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:12 am
Beach bums :)

Boogieboard is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry we missed this one folks, dont come on here that often now... must check more regularly!
How was it? Good drunken time had by all!?
Up for the next one
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Jakeannasamandollie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, i just turned 30 and live on the Shore. I am from Nantwich originally, just down the road from Chester and have been out here for 5 and a bit years. Wife is overseas at the moment with our son who is nearly 2. Let me know if you are planning on any more pub crawls. Jake
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

SuffolkbritinNZ will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone! I'm 29 from Suffolk in UK and my boyfriend is a kiwi from Picton. We just moved up here from Christchurch and are very new to Auckland...and especially the Shore! We live in Beach Haven but would happily travel east for a night out. Very keen to meet others of similar age and interests and having a few wines and beers seems something we all have in common!
Anyone fancy meeting up in the next few weeks???
Old Jun 30th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by faye_h
Was good to meet up last night
David - hope you managed to catch your last bus back. Did you get a Burger Fuel? If so what did you think??
Hey Faye - yes we had a good time too! Feels like an age ago now though, have been upto a lot since we saw you, will have to do it again sometime. Starting the run of job interviews now so things are getting really busy for me. Laura has started her job too, so not getting to see too much of her either!

Yes.. Jake/Suffolk/Boogie.... would be great to try and meet up at some point.

David.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.