Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Old Apr 9th 2007, 4:10 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Noise pollution in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
You don't half make me laugh mate.

I used to think that you posted all this stuff, because it was funny to try to wind people up. But you are being serious aren't you? I mean really, no one should be this anal, it's unhealty!

If you did not like that, then please do not read this or comment.
Well at last you have found something positive to say. I am glad you actually managed to laugh.

So what about Land Transport, they make you laugh too, they anal too ?

It’s mutual mate, you make me laugh too and I think it is very unhealthy not to be able to discuss all situations.

How observant of you I started this and several other topics for people’s entertainment, especially the three year old that was wiped out down the road from us recently by some hoon. That my friend is anal if you consider that entertainment. Little hoonsters that have nothing better to do than race up and down and destroy this beautiful country and little innocent children - is anal.

What is your point here? In relation to the noise pollution topic what exactly is your point. You going to start calling me racial again because I mentioned Mugabe.

It would seem you have a raw nerve, you perhaps have a drainpipe protruding out the back of your truck?

Mate, it is obvious that you do not know what you are talking about and therefore have to resort to getting nasty, referring to me as anal.

Have you looked at the website link yet? Have you looked at the Land Transport link yet and actually read what this topic is about or is it perhaps you have nothing better to do than to try & wind me up and try to make my topics out to be anal ?

Try reading the website and Land Transport info and stop being so negative

If you don’t like what the people that run the noise pollution website and Land Transport NZ it is quite simple. Heed your own preaching and take it up with them.
Go tell them they are anal mate.

You don’t like being proven wrong do you, that is why you got to get all silly and say I’m anal and live in a different NZ. Go right ahead, take it up with the source mate, you know better than them.

You’re the man………….. Go boy go ……………….

Last edited by Campbells; Apr 9th 2007 at 4:17 am.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:45 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

You don’t like being proven wrong do you, that is why you got to get all silly and say I’m anal and live in a different NZ. Go right ahead, take it up with the source mate, you know better than them.QUOTE:.

Sorry to say but I like to go wild and have the headbanging rock music on loud when the oh is at work so my poor neighbours may suffer a little but no -one has moaned yet.As for loud cars ,well that is a problem to be sorted but my gripe would be the NO INSURANCE factor.Make it compulsery and kill the boy racers in the too fast JAP CRAP SUBARU cars that are too easily bought .Also make the driving licence harder to get and raise the age to 18 here minimum and an xcess on insurance so high it makes them be more aware and carefull.I have just got back from our easter break and the driving in the North as well as here in Welly is digusting ,not just from the boy racers but the older drivers who should know better.The general standard here is in my opinion as an advance driver with a class 5 truck licence is EFFIN CRAP and more than all of N Zealanders need to sort out how to drive in a courteous and safe manner.A roads here are no better than B roads in the uk but they still think they are safe .POOEY .why are there so many accidents here per capita to the rest of the world.Not the roads ,B roads are safe in the right hands as long as they are not KIWI`s hands.No I never stole it I am just a shit Kiwi driver should be on most reg plates here .Sorry to go off subject but I think both are linked in a way.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

It does seem to be a big problem out there!

Does anyone know any statistics? How many fatalities are there and are any parts of country worse than others?

We are obviously hoping for a safer place to bring up our children!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RedMonsk

Does anyone know any statistics? How many fatalities are there and are any parts of country worse than others?

Redmonsk...
Please do not rethink your plans for emigrating or not on the basis of this series of posts.
There are good things and bad things about practically every place on the planet, and if you look on any of the other message boards on this website you will see similar posts to this, just perhaps about a different problem.

Of course take these things into account, but remember for every poster like Campbells or TurkeyTickler there is one like Genesis or DannyF, and it all balances out.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cherry
As for loud cars ,well that is a problem to be sorted but my gripe would be the NO INSURANCE factor. Make it compulsery and kill the boy racers in the too fast JAP CRAP SUBARU cars that are too easily bought .

Also make the driving licence harder to get and raise the age to 18 here minimum and an xcess on insurance so high it makes them be more aware and carefull.I have just got back from our easter break and the driving in the North as well as here in Welly is digusting ,not just from the boy racers but the older drivers who should know better.

The general standard here is in my opinion as an advance driver with a class 5 truck licence is EFFIN CRAP and more than all of N Zealanders need to sort out how to drive in a courteous and safe manner.
Good point about the insurance and too easily available Subarus ( for example).

Personally I wouldn’t be buying our kid a WRX for their first car. It is far too powerful yet here in NZ you have 15 year olds driving them like crazy.

There is also talks about NZ changing the driving licensing for teen drivers and I think the point you have raised should be given consideration by the insurance companies here. They should also be made to play a part in the overall responsibility of making NZ roads safer for us all.

Cheers & good input.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Apple12
Redmonsk...
Please do not rethink your plans for emigrating or not on the basis of this series of posts.
There are good things and bad things about practically every place on the planet, and if you look on any of the other message boards on this website you will see similar posts to this, just perhaps about a different problem.

Of course take these things into account, but remember for every poster like Campbells or TurkeyTickler there is one like Genesis or DannyF, and it all balances out.
Hi, it definitely doesn't put me off, I have read loads of postings on this forum and from what I can gather most (maybe not Campells!) are happy that they took the plunge!

I just trying to do as much research as possible. We are probably going to sell our home, fly out - and take it from there! I'm trying to narrow down the areas that we look at, which is no mean feat!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

see if this helps any ...lots of stats here just need to find the one your looking for

http://www.stats.govt.nz/datasets/a-z-list.htm
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
Redmonsk...

This is a very good point-I live in Porirua,which reputedly contains one of the worst places in New Zealand,Cannon's Creek. It is literally 3 minutes from here,my wife and her friend both work there.
My wife and I came from reputedly one of the worst places in England-Huyton in Liverpool,and in our opinion,and so far,there is barely a comparison. Cannon's Creek is relatively poorer,but the people still have pride,a greater degree of control over their children,and a greater willingness to be self sufficient.
As I write this,a 9.9 litre Subaru with a sewage pipe exhaust is at our junction...loud....but wait...ah....yep....it's gone!! There. That wasn't too bad.
You see-it may be luck,or a higher influence-but round here,even that disruption was minimal. Now,I don't mean to stir things up here-genuinely,but is it not possible that the disruption and noise pollution that Campbells is experiencing is actually malicious members of this very site revving up outside his house to give said member more ammunition to give the likes of me, Beachcombers,Cherry and a few others a bit of chest pain?? Mmmmmm? Reckon so.
Sorry Campbells,have a lovely (quiet) night mate. Wait...where is it?.... ah..there's the bugger...
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poppets
see if this helps any ...lots of stats here just need to find the one your looking for

http://www.stats.govt.nz/datasets/a-z-list.htm
Thanks Poppets, I may be on that site for some time!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Found these statistics, fatalities are very small really. Puts things into perspective I hope!

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/research/toll.html
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Found these statistics, fatalities are very small really. Puts things into perspective I hope!

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/research/toll.html
So do I!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:05 am
Banned

It is sad that points like these actually get lowered into mud slinging for folk like yourself trying to get a picture of NZ whilst being in the UK. Despite what the other forum members think my posts are aiming to achieve, I try to give a balanced view of New Zealand.

We have a wee lad ( 4 y/o) and NZ is an awesome country to bring up young children. My point of this topic here is that there is most certainly a boy racer problem here but I would say is not a major problem.

To be honest our concerns about New Zealand are ( in our opinion) that if they don’t get to grips with the boy racers, crime and drugs etc that do exist here it will just end up going down the toilet like many countries have for the very same reason, the rot has been allowed to increase. The fact that NZ Land Transport are looking into introducing a lower noise level for vehicle indicates to us that they are aware of the problem and are looking into measures.

I would certainly suggest that you research areas in NZ that will offer you the environment that you are looking for. For example some areas in the South of Auckland can be pretty grim.

The global perspective with these types of discussions is of course the role the parents play as in the boy racer situ. Some folk think it is okay to give a 15 year old just getting their licence a very powerful car and can’t see the potential danger of it whilst other parents will quite simply not allow it.

So at the risk of getting another barrage of in-coming insults I will say that it should be labelled “ boy racer and parents problem”. In other countries if your child has caused an accident ( or pregnancy for that matter) whilst being deemed a minor age the parents are held responsible and accountable. That would sort out the no insurance problem here very quickly.

I will also say that the NZ driving standard is low and main roads linking some of the major cities are really poor. In conclusion I would say that the general driving in NZ is “aggressive”.

New Zealand is a very family orientated country and we did a lot of research on our options before deciding on NZ. NZ offers the type of lifestyle we were looking for.

Cheers and good luck
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by danny.f
You see-it may be luck,or a higher influence-but round here,even that disruption was minimal. Now,I don't mean to stir things up here-genuinely,but is it not possible that the disruption and noise pollution that Campbells is experiencing is actually malicious members of this very site revving up outside his house to give said member more ammunition to give the likes of me, Beachcombers,Cherry and a few others a bit of chest pain?? Mmmmmm? Reckon so.

Sorry Campbells,have a lovely (quiet) night mate. Wait...where is it?.... ah..there's the bugger...
Sad……………..

I repeat, the website & Land Transport of NZ recognise there is a problem ( not just me). You obviously don’t.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

ooops

Last edited by SarahB; Apr 9th 2007 at 11:32 am. Reason: Deleted it coz I can
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
Sad……………..

I repeat, the website & Land Transport of NZ recognise there is a problem ( not just me). You obviously don’t.
Campbells...... what I don't understand is why, when these people take such offence at your posting of REAL facts and links that they feel the need to

1. Read the post
2.Comment
3. Abuse your opinion
4. Argue for no point at all
5. Refuse to believe ANYTHING negative
Leave them too it, come and play with me on a MUCH more fun and friendly and REALISITIC and open minded part of this board. They allow opinion and welcome it and then invite you for a beer!

For the record, as i know some of those reading this LOVE it when I repeat myself, I love NZ. I am looking forward to coming back out to see the family later in the year/early next year and I cannot wait to show my little girl where she comes from (well half of her!) in the future. What I cannot stand are all those who refuse to allow opinion that might in anyway not be 100% positive on NZ.

Play nicely, allow people to have an opinion and do not agrue with them when they put another point of view forward. Oh and if you get offended by negative posts, simple, do not read them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.