Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Noise pollution in New Zealand

Old Apr 8th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noise pollution in New Zealand

Originally Posted by Campbells
To-date 120 views and 6 replies which are from the same-old brigade with the same old material.

Have you actually considered that your over protective attitudes on this forum may lead thinking folk to actually wonder why you are so anti people posting about things that are actually happening in New Zealand. It could very well be that your attitude is the negative one especially when it is repetitively the same members having a go at me time after time.

We have a hoon problem where we live and it is not a bad area. We have a couple in our neighbourhood that drive around here like it is their own personal racing track.
We have a wee lad and do not like the fact that these kids are potential death on wheels and there seems that nothing is getting done about it. We have ongoing deaths in the area and it is a boy racer problem.

The fact that I have posted a thread pointing to something is getting done about it you still want to paint negative. I think you’re pushing it a bit far.

Perhaps you lot are actually intimidating people that are actually considering New Zealand as a destination from asking questions as they may just pop a raw nerve with the same-old-bunch.

The way you lot carry on says to me that you feel so strong about anybody posting information that may be seen as negative towards New Zealand that you actually are trying to fool yourselves into some sense of false security.

Your applying of pressure and attacks against me resemble that of Mugabe where he controls the media and nothing negative is allowed to be said against him and his party. Is that the kind of picture you wish to paint of New Zealand?

I have said before, if you don’t like my posts don’t read them but these ongoing attacks at me for posting my opinion ( which I am entitled to) is really only de-grading the tone of this forum and ultimately the image of the mentality in New Zealand.

I don’t think people are going to find a country inviting if they are not allowed to question or discuss topics they feel pertinent. Consider the other side of your actions.

Happy Easter and have a lovely day.
Is this not in the same sense that I am entitled to my opinions too? I happen to feel that at least I have a more balanced view to my postings-you continually post to the negative-I was pointing out that you appear to have nothing positive at all to say,which would suggest you are living a life of misery and pain,sleepless nights,always on the guard for hoons,which would in turn suggest you are mentally unstable for apparently doing nothing to improve your life here,other than to moan to this site,which has no policing powers at all over the situations you describe.
Furthermore,you say that my/our posts are 'pushing it a bit far',and then compare me to Mugabe in Zimbabwe!! I mean-please!!

But anyway-in true mental Cambells style,hope you had a lovely Easter mate!!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 12:27 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

To-date 120 views and 6 replies which are from the same-old brigade with the same old material.

Have you actually considered that your over protective attitudes on this forum may lead thinking folk to actually wonder why you are so anti people posting about things that are actually happening in New Zealand. It could very well be that your attitude is the negative one especially when it is repetitively the same members having a go at me time after time.

We have a hoon problem where we live and it is not a bad area. We have a couple in our neighbourhood that drive around here like it is their own personal racing track.
We have a wee lad and do not like the fact that these kids are potential death on wheels and there seems that nothing is getting done about it. We have ongoing deaths in the area and it is a boy racer problem.

The fact that I have posted a thread pointing to something is getting done about it you still want to paint negative. I think you’re pushing it a bit far.

Perhaps you lot are actually intimidating people that are actually considering New Zealand as a destination from asking questions as they may just pop a raw nerve with the same-old-bunch.

The way you lot carry on says to me that you feel so strong about anybody posting information that may be seen as negative towards New Zealand that you actually are trying to fool yourselves into some sense of false security.

Your applying of pressure and attacks against me resemble that of Mugabe where he controls the media and nothing negative is allowed to be said against him and his party. Is that the kind of picture you wish to paint of New Zealand?

I have said before, if you don’t like my posts don’t read them but these ongoing attacks at me for posting my opinion ( which I am entitled to) is really only de-grading the tone of this forum and ultimately the image of the mentality in New Zealand.

I don’t think people are going to find a country inviting if they are not allowed to question or discuss topics they feel pertinent. Consider the other side of your actions.

Happy Easter and have a lovely day.
Campbells mate, you sound like a broken record. More pomposity, condescension and precious whining...........

New Zealand is not without it's problems, everyone on this forum is probably aware of most of them. But you see a cloud in every silver lining, you seem to revel in misery. Mate life is just to short.

You and I live in a very different New Zealand. I wonder if your "love" of this country is somewhat tinged with resentment, I can really feel it emanating from you.

Is it because you could not get into Canada and New Zealand had to be some runners up choice for you?

If you got a problem with hoons, go sort it out! Have you talked to them? Your other neighbours? Nope, what you do put a hysterical post here, quoting some very dodgy sources or just plain making stuff up! Example...

Right now, hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders are regularly disturbed by the noise epidemic. The problem extends far beyond homeowners and road users – it now impacts on business and tourism. Restaurants and Cafes are losing customers. Angry tourists are checking out of hotels.

Interesting ………………
So this has been backed up by a study? Are "hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders" blocking their ears with cotton wool?

Oh and by the way, this is all my own opinion, so don't take it all personally.

Last edited by Beachcombers; Apr 9th 2007 at 12:28 am. Reason: Typo
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:02 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to find a positive out of undoubtedly a problematic issue, at least the petrol junkies in their zooped up noisey suspension lowered fat exhaust cheap asian imports actually look after their vehicles, keep them clean, parade them with pride up and down the likes of Mission Bay .... me thinks if it was England they'd been clad from head to toe in rip off burberrry with ridiculous silver chains hanging off them swearing like a guy richie film whilst riding around in YOUR car that they'd just clonked you over the head at the last set of traffic lights you dared to stop at..

My advice to any newbie who is worried about the sound of racers going up and down your road either:
buy a house on a cul-de-sac;
buy a house on a road with loads of speed bumps;
buy a rear section house;

Unfortunately for a large proportion of ex-pats on this website even though we may have PR, unless we wait a few years and decide to become new zealand citizens you won't have the right to vote, therefore you won't have a local MP to write to, so you really are in the hands of either locals to make change on your behalf, or to make some very calculated decisions to ensure your future ear safety.

Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:03 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by P18PPS

Unfortunately for a large proportion of ex-pats on this website even though we may have PR, unless we wait a few years and decide to become new zealand citizens you won't have the right to vote, therefore you won't have a local MP to write to, so you really are in the hands of either locals to make change on your behalf, or to make some very calculated decisions to ensure your future ear safety.

Actually, as a permanent resident you do have the right to vote after one year of residency.

(Where's the pedantic smilie?)
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:04 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Really?? How's that work and how do you register then?? Can you still vote in the UK too??
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

The Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Weezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Apple12
We all spend hours commuting to work, and the full 5km of motorways is jammed full of idiots, none of whom give way.

You would absolutely hate living here in ChCh.

Actually...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10433282
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:13 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Really?? How's that work and how do you register then?? Can you still vote in the UK too??
How do I know if I am eligible to enrol?

Basically, you are qualified to enrol if:

* you are 18 years or older
* you are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and
* you have lived in New Zealand for one year or more without leaving the country

Try this link...

http://www.elections.org.nz/enrolmen...ailed_faq.html

As far as voting in the UK...I don't have the foggiest. I would think the UK must have some procedure for overseas Brits.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:14 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Weezer
Thanks Weezer, all information to persuade Campbells to stay up north is much appreciated.

Of course it goes without saying that there is no congestion at all anywhere in Australia, so I am sure that Campbells will feel much more at home there. No graffiti either, or hip hop. Teenagers are locked away from the beach and wouldn't dream of being cheeky to their elders. And with reference to this particular thread, nobody, not even racy nana's, get their kicks from loud exhausts. Yep, Oz is a much better proposition.

Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:51 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by danny.f
Is this not in the same sense that I am entitled to my opinions too? I happen to feel that at least I have a more balanced view to my postings-you continually post to the negative-I was pointing out that you appear to have nothing positive at all to say,which would suggest you are living a life of misery and pain,sleepless nights,always on the guard for hoons,which would in turn suggest you are mentally unstable for apparently doing nothing to improve your life here,other than to moan to this site,which has no policing powers at all over the situations you describe.
Furthermore,you say that my/our posts are 'pushing it a bit far',and then compare me to Mugabe in Zimbabwe!! I mean-please!!

But anyway-in true mental Cambells style,hope you had a lovely Easter mate!!
You are entitled to your opinion. You feel that you have a “ more balanced view”.

Obviously I didn’t create the website , and obviously Land Transport of New Zealand think there is a problem but you don’t. Why don’t you do something about it if Land Transport is wasting tax payers money .

I have plenty of positive things to say about New Zealand you chose just to read the problems of NZ and as I stated earlier this thread is actually positive because something is getting done about it.

The compare to Mugabe is freedom of speech. If you don’t like my posts simply don’t read them or comment on them it is that simple.

Hope you had a great Easter too.

PS: I don’t see disagreement as mental.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:59 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beachcombers

If you got a problem with hoons, go sort it out! Have you talked to them? Your other neighbours? Nope, what you do put a hysterical post here, quoting some very dodgy sources or just plain making stuff up! Example...

So this has been backed up by a study? Are "hundreds of thousands of New Zealanders" blocking their ears with cotton wool?

Oh and by the way, this is all my own opinion, so don't take it all personally.
The quote you refer to is from the website I referred to, so sorry to disappoint you but it is from other people living in New Zealand. In fact they have done something about it and working with Land Transport NZ .

I am sorry you feel Land Transport are dodgy sources. Is this the same NZ you are talking about ?

I repeat I didn’t create the website or for that matter Land Transport so why don’t you “practice what you preach” and take it up with them.

Hope you had a great Easter.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Apple12
Thanks Weezer, all information to persuade Campbells to stay up north is much appreciated.

Of course it goes without saying that there is no congestion at all anywhere in Australia, so I am sure that Campbells will feel much more at home there. No graffiti either, or hip hop. Teenagers are locked away from the beach and wouldn't dream of being cheeky to their elders. And with reference to this particular thread, nobody, not even racy nana's, get their kicks from loud exhausts. Yep, Oz is a much better proposition.

This is not a positive example of New Zealand ...
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:09 am
Banned

Trying to find a positive out of undoubtedly a problematic issue, at least the petrol junkies in their zooped up noisey suspension lowered fat exhaust cheap asian imports actually look after their vehicles, keep them clean, parade them with pride up and down the likes of Mission Bay .... me thinks if it was England they'd been clad from head to toe in rip off burberrry with ridiculous silver chains hanging off them swearing like a guy richie film whilst riding around in YOUR car that they'd just clonked you over the head at the last set of traffic lights you dared to stop at..

My advice to any newbie who is worried about the sound of racers going up and down your road either:
buy a house on a cul-de-sac;
buy a house on a road with loads of speed bumps;
buy a rear section house;

Did you look at the link to the website ?

This is in essence what this whole thread is about. The good news I don’t have to move house or for that matter to Oz .

They are looking at changing the law regarding noise pollution , in particular
“ modified vehicles” better known as hoons.

Cheers
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

This is not a positive example of New Zealand
ooohhh Cambells, you disappoint me. Where is your famous sense of humour? Can you not spot the irony?
Please tell me that you took this post at face value, it would make it all the funnier!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:20 am
Banned

Hang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura aboutHang11 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The Weezer
Interesting......

Gotta say though, it takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get from Mt Pleasant to the CBD in the morning at 8.30, probably couldn't live somewhere that nice in Auckland with such a short drive to work in the city centre.

Anyway, back to noise pollution, there isn't much to beat sitting on the deck in the sun, looking at the sea, drinking a few bottles of Monteiths, and cranking out AC/DC I'm doing my bit....
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:47 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

The compare to Mugabe is freedom of speech. If you don’t like my posts simply don’t read them or comment on them it is that simple.
You don't half make me laugh mate.

I used to think that you posted all this stuff, because it was funny to try to wind people up. But you are being serious aren't you? I mean really, no one should be this anal, it's unhealthy!

If you did not like that, then please do not read this or comment.

Last edited by Beachcombers; Apr 9th 2007 at 3:50 am. Reason: Spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.