Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:57 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

We got side-tracked on the driving licence thread, so started a new one!!

Let's all give options for Sarah's baby girl due in January!!

I'll start with Kiwiani?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Of No relevance - kids names for SarahB!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We got side-tracked on the driving licence thread, so started a new one!!

Let's all give options for Sarah's baby girl due in January!!

I'll start with Kiwiani?

Aotearoara
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Aotearoara

Fabulous, um - Jandal?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Fabulous, um - Jandal?
Jug .. as in Polly put the Jug on?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Jug .. as in Polly put the Jug on?
Poppet/Pumpkin - it's what we call them anyway - that way they won't get confused?

Although "Poppets" on here may get a bit big for her boots and big it up?!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

How about "Miserable Git"?

Whoops, sorry I already have that one to myself!

Umhhhmmm.................what about Helen for a girl and Don for a boy?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Umhhhmmm.................what about Helen for a girl and Don for a boy?
Maybe you should reverse those
Old Oct 21st 2006, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Poppet/Pumpkin - it's what we call them anyway - that way they won't get confused?

Although "Poppets" on here may get a bit big for her boots and big it up?!

Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:36 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Bindi?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 9:44 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Sheezakiwi ??

or

Kiwette ??

or

KeeShe ??

.... I'll get me coat........
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:50 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Philippa (means horse lover)
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Jason and Kylie
Wayne and Waynetta
Bruce and Sheila
Wallace and Gromit
Jean Paul and Claudette
Becks and Posh
'Im and 'Er
Bethany and Daniel
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

What are you lot like!!! lol

Well, I reckon the best one so far must be Sheezakiwi!!

Funnily enough just been talking to my mum on the phone about names for the new bub when I saw this thread. I do have a couple in mind but I'm keeping them to myself at the moment. If you mention what you like somebody always says its horrible or it reminds them of so and so who was a right cow... my dad just said he likes Jessica and we do like it but we have a good friend whos daughter is a Jessica so we dont want to use it..oooh my mums terrier is a Jess as well!

I had a friend called Phillippa back in UK and funnily enough she had 2 horses and competed in dressage competitions. It doesnt go with the difficult surname though.

I call my little lad Poppet which I shorten to pops sometimes.... funny how they get nicknames.... hes had various different nicknames, even before he was born he was Peanut.

Keep em coming!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
What are you lot like!!! lol

I do have a couple in mind but I'm keeping them to myself at the moment. If you mention what you like somebody always says its horrible or it reminds them of so and so who was a right cow... my dad just said he likes Jessica and we do like it but we have a good friend whos daughter is a Jessica so we dont want to use it..oooh my mums terrier is a Jess as well!
Keep em coming!!
pet names for my little uns are (albeit for boys, but some are universal):

muppet, toad, stinky baby, stinker, ***in' mithering scroat, parasite,
curly top, cherub, cuddle-wuddle, sossage, puppie, babba, cutie-pie, mysun, nibbler, nibbs, frowna, nibbler, snot-gobbler.
si-pie, simon-pieman, curly-lox, smiler, wibby-wubby, thumper, wiggly-piggly, Si.
tommy-tucker, tucka, tucka-mucka, meold-mucker, tommy, tom, tomas-tuckus.

BTW to live in our hosehold you have to be barking mad.....hence the sing songy stuff!!!!
Also , big tip - uggest you avoid odd combinations of names and initials (I feel another thread coming on), eg:
Bailey, David; Philips, Mark; Cook, Peter; Lavender, Ian; Thomas, John; (all people who I work with.......)
A.N.L.; D. I. K.; S. O. D.; .... etc
and sing song stuff: Lisa Lavender, Thomas Thomas, Pauline Peters, etc
say the name out loud in full and try it out - also with your *other* kids names for sing sony stuff - we had our second one lined up until we said it with the first - it sounded really bad and you couldn't say them the other way around!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
pet names for my little uns are (albeit for boys, but some are universal):

muppet, toad, stinky baby, stinker, ***in' mithering scroat, parasite,
curly top, cherub, cuddle-wuddle, sossage, puppie, babba, cutie-pie, mysun, nibbler, nibbs, frowna, nibbler, snot-gobbler.
si-pie, simon-pieman, curly-lox, smiler, wibby-wubby, thumper, wiggly-piggly, Si.
tommy-tucker, tucka, tucka-mucka, meold-mucker, tommy, tom, tomas-tuckus.

BTW to live in our hosehold you have to be barking mad.....hence the sing songy stuff!!!!
Also , big tip - uggest you avoid odd combinations of names and initials (I feel another thread coming on), eg:
Bailey, David; Philips, Mark; Cook, Peter; Lavender, Ian; Thomas, John; (all people who I work with.......)
A.N.L.; D. I. K.; S. O. D.; .... etc
and sing song stuff: Lisa Lavender, Thomas Thomas, Pauline Peters, etc
say the name out loud in full and try it out - also with your *other* kids names for sing sony stuff - we had our second one lined up until we said it with the first - it sounded really bad and you couldn't say them the other way around!!!
LOL... youre worse than me!! My DS was called peanut then squirmy worm... squidgey midget.... wiggly..... widget... widge...now hes so naughty we call him by his proper name at long last!

Ive been on the baby naming websites and they suggest exactly what youve said too... avoiding silly initials and also to avoid celebrity names. All my cousins gave their children stranger names so I wanted to be the odd one out and call my kids bulk standard names. Well.... they have to live with them and what might seem cute for a bub doesnt mean its a good name for them as an adult. Honestly, my coffee group could talk about different names all day as everyone likes something different... we have a right laugh over some of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.