British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Is no news, good news (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/no-news-good-news-438629/)

simonmarkellis Mar 30th 2007 10:28 am

Is no news, good news

I submitted my EOI, way back in November with 135 pts (No job offer) and got selected straight away. Great i thought... :thumbsup: However in February they questioned my qualifications... :thumbdown: However got that sorted through the NZQA who actually quoted my qual at level 6 and not 5... :eek: Since then i've heard nothing...:sneaky: even emailed my case office and still nothing...:confused: So is no news good news? Does the longer i wait mean they have less to find fault with my application or am i being to optimistic? I am however now activily seeking employment having got some of my affairs in order. I just wanna know...................

:(

Simon

Mandie Mar 30th 2007 11:56 am

Re: Is no news, good news

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4581670)
I submitted my EOI, way back in November with 135 pts (No job offer) and got selected straight away. Great i thought... :thumbsup: However in February they questioned my qualifications... :thumbdown: However got that sorted through the NZQA who actually quoted my qual at level 6 and not 5... :eek: Since then i've heard nothing...:sneaky: even emailed my case office and still nothing...:confused: So is no news good news? Does the longer i wait mean they have less to find fault with my application or am i being to optimistic? I am however now activily seeking employment having got some of my affairs in order. I just wanna know...................

:(

Simon

Fingers crossed that you'll hear something soon and that it'll be good news

simonmarkellis Mar 30th 2007 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mandie.H (Post 4581902)
Fingers crossed that you'll hear something soon and that it'll be good news

I surely hope so Mandie...

simonmarkellis Apr 4th 2007 10:15 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4582062)
I surely hope so Mandie...

Can anyone who has 'gone the long route' (no job offer) through skilled migrant category tell me how long they waited from submitting there EOI to either being told no thanks or getting an ITA...

Simon

Winnie Apr 4th 2007 10:33 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4600415)
Can anyone who has 'gone the long route' (no job offer) through skilled migrant category tell me how long they waited from submitting there EOI to either being told no thanks or getting an ITA...

Simon

From what I remember (and I'm sure I'm in the early stages of alzheimers) I got my ITA pretty quickly after being selected from the pool. I did however have quite a lengthy wait until I actually got my residency. But once I got a job offer it went through within about 2 weeks! Hope that helps?

simonmarkellis Apr 4th 2007 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 4600450)
From what I remember (and I'm sure I'm in the early stages of alzheimers) I got my ITA pretty quickly after being selected from the pool. I did however have quite a lengthy wait until I actually got my residency. But once I got a job offer it went through within about 2 weeks! Hope that helps?

Sould i contact them to see what's happening as it's nearly five months since my EOI was selected. I'd have though they'd have made a decision one way or the other by now? Or maybe i'm just being too hasty..........

Suicide Sheep Apr 4th 2007 3:51 pm

I can understand your concerns, as we were selected from the pool on 15th March ( I know not as long as you! ) and I am starting to get a little jittery because I have read through various posts and some people seem to receive their ITA's quite quickly! :frown:

But keep your chin up and try not to worry too much ! :D

Jack The Lad Apr 4th 2007 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4601008)
Sould i contact them to see what's happening as it's nearly five months since my EOI was selected. I'd have though they'd have made a decision one way or the other by now? Or maybe i'm just being too hasty..........

Nah, give them a call :thumbup:

They are only human, talk to them have a nice friendly chat. Everything will be fine, Im sure of it :)

Plus it will put your minds at rest.

PS Have some nice soothing karma to relax you :thumbsup:

Jack The Lad Apr 4th 2007 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Suicide Sheep (Post 4601807)
I can understand your concerns, as we were selected from the pool on 15th March ( I know not as long as you! ) and I am starting to get a little jittery because I have read through various posts and some people seem to receive their ITA's quite quickly! :frown:

But keep your chin up and try not to worry too much ! :D

Dont worry bloke with cool username :thumbup:

Took us 6 weeks without job offer. It can take upto 4 momths. Chill dude :)

Suicide Sheep Apr 4th 2007 7:38 pm

Cheers bud! :thumbsup:

But, still doesn't stop you biting your finger nails down to the knuckle!:rofl: :rofl:

simonmarkellis Apr 4th 2007 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Suicide Sheep (Post 4602781)
Cheers bud! :thumbsup:

But, still doesn't stop you biting your finger nails down to the knuckle!:rofl: :rofl:

Knuckles!!! i'm half way to my elbow...

Suicide Sheep Apr 4th 2007 8:31 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Winnie Apr 4th 2007 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 4601008)

Give them a call!!! It does seem a long time. Just ask them politely and let them know you're eager to start contributing to the economics of NZ, that should impress them!
Good luck

simonmarkellis Apr 5th 2007 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 4603595)
Give them a call!!! It does seem a long time. Just ask them politely and let them know you're eager to start contributing to the economics of NZ, that should impress them!
Good luck

Your right i'll give them a call...

helinuk Apr 5th 2007 2:55 pm

look at my time line.:) 3 months from EOI accepted to ITA being sent. We submitted our visa application 22nd jan. with no job offer.
We received a letter questioning hubbys angiogram results (we said they were normal on medical, panel Dr said it was ok, so we had to ask Consultant to write a letter saying hubby had a normal heart, with no predicted heart attack any time soon, we sent that off yesterday) so now waiting for a case officer to be assigned... assuming that the visa officer who wrote to us isn't our CO.?
I predict it will happen after our recce ( would have been nice to have visa already in passport to validate) so fingers crossed this trip on Sunday to NZ isn't a waste of time and money and we find a location we like and a poss. job.
good luck to you, hope hear soon.
Helen