No/Low Fee Bank

Old May 14th 2006, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No/Low Fee Bank

Hi All
Any advice on which bank to go ith? Ideally I want one that doesnt charge a fee for atm withdrawal or EFPOS. If there is such a bank! Also I would like to be able to transfer money before I go as I will need to buy a car almost immediately. Thanks
Old May 14th 2006, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No/Low Fee Bank

Spudz, check out www.interest.co.nz You will see all the various institutions compared with the fees, minimum balances, and whether interest is paid. To reduce your bank fees, I suggest holding some shares in a bank, at least you will have the dividend coming back to you. I visited a local branch of HSBC to open an account ahead of time. It was very easy. HSBC seemed to offer the best banking for me. Though they only have branches in Auckland, you can use the Westpac bank machines for your cash needs and deposits if any. I do everything on line so it works fine for me.