No-jet-lag

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default No-jet-lag

anyone heard of these tablets?
or where to get them from in the UK?
there seems to be some called jet-ease which are not the same.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:07 pm
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No-jet-lag

Originally Posted by julesnye
Yes they are great, whole family uses them for long haul travel.

Never seen them in the UK though, sorry. Always buy them in NZ/Aus, usually at the airport.

They do have a website though (just type in the name to Google/Yahoo) where you can look at the ingredients and could buy the components separately in the UK, if you wished. I know they have Arnica in them for example, which I also know a lot of people who use for reduced jet lag purposes - good quality high strength stuff though.

Edit to say: Trip Ease, by the same company are also good for travel sickness.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Aug 23rd 2007 at 2:11 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
Yes they are great, whole family uses them for long haul travel.

Never seen them in the UK though, sorry. Always buy them in NZ/Aus, usually at the airport.
No I haven't heard of them. We've used the Melatonin type tabs. hubby used them more than me for his business trips.
We were badly jet lagged on our recce, having flown straight to NZ ,so we're stopping off in Singapore for 3 night on our way out in October hope that helps us. I'd be interested in finding the tabs. in UK though
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:22 pm

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
No I haven't heard of them. We've used the Melatonin type tabs. hubby used them more than me for his business trips.
We were badly jet lagged on our recce, having flown straight to NZ ,so we're stopping off in Singapore for 3 night on our way out in October hope that helps us. I'd be interested in finding the tabs. in UK though
I use Melatonin too, but they are different. No Jetlag is to be used during travel - every 2/4 hours.

Melatonin should then be used when you go to bed at your destination, since it basically just increases the natural dose produced in your brain when you go to bed - but because your bodyclock is not correct for the new timezone, the supplements provide this instead. Melatonin basically tells you it's time to sleep, until your body does this itself again.

Having said that, I haven't needed to use Melatonin since having the kids!!! We suffered almost zero jetlag last time we went down to the UK, and MIL who is with us currently, has also had none on this trip back to the UK.

Personally, I think if you can take a flight that arrives early afternoon thus allowing you to stay awake for the remainder of the day in your destination, you will get onto local time MUCH MUCH quicker than if you have an awful 5/6am arrival time where no-one can stay awake all day (except my hubbie) & thus one has to nap on that first day, which is horrendous to wake up from and thus sets a jetlag cycle. Honest. Try it.

It's taken me over 10 years to realise this and we will choose our airlines/flights from now on based on arrival times. Also helps if you have the most restful and relaxed flight possible and don't start ill or overly tired - hard with migration stress & goodbyes, admittedly.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info so far.
Will check out the buying no-jet-lag over the internet and let you know
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:30 pm

www.nojetlag.com

Active ingredients are, in order:
Arnica Montana 30C (Leopard's Bane), Bellis Perennis 30C (Daisy), Chamomilla 30C (Wild Chamomile), Ipecacuanha 30C (Ipecac), Lycopodium 30C (Clubmoss)

You are right that jet ease is not the same, despite it being on the above website for people wanting to buy it in Europe. Bizarre!

So go for Arnica 30C strength if all else fails. I bought some in Boots yesterday as it happens, although they often only have the 6c strength. Also, I suspect a homeopath could make up a good mixture for you, including the above ingredients if you asked.

Once I used Arnica & Chamomila instead of No Jetlag, along with lots of water, some Orange/Carrot/Tomato juice and a water facial spray which was a godsend for my 4 year old daughter for those hot/bothersome moments about an hour before the end of every long haul sector. It was brillant.

Read once that carrot juice is good for travelling. Not sure what it does exactly, but it could do no harm and would provide a good vitamin/goodness boost I suspect, at a time when one's immune system takes a bit of a battering. An odd drink though.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Aug 23rd 2007 at 2:32 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk+kiwi
www.nojetlag.com

Active ingredients are, in order:
Arnica Montana 30C (Leopard's Bane), Bellis Perennis 30C (Daisy), Chamomilla 30C (Wild Chamomile), Ipecacuanha 30C (Ipecac), Lycopodium 30C (Clubmoss)

You are right that jet ease is not the same, despite it being on the above website for people wanting to buy it in Europe. Bizarre!

So go for Arnica 30C strength if all else fails. I bought some in Boots yesterday as it happens, although they often only have the 6c strength. Also, I suspect a homeopath could make up a good mixture for you, including the above ingredients if you asked.

Once I used Arnica & Chamomila instead of No Jetlag, along with lots of water, some Orange/Carrot/Tomato juice and a water facial spray which was a godsend for my 4 year old daughter for those hot/bothersome moments about an hour before the end of every long haul sector. It was brillant.

Read once that carrot juice is good for travelling. Not sure what it does exactly, but it could do no harm and would provide a good vitamin/goodness boost I suspect, at a time when one's immune system takes a bit of a battering. An odd drink though.
Great advice thank you!
We used to try to fly into Singapore early evening so we could sleep at normal time. But this last recce to NZ we arrived in Auck. at lunch time, stayed awake all afternoon had early supper and went to bed early evening, despite being tired, kept waking up! We then would hit mid afternoon each day and want to sleep- but couldn't as we were on a tight schedule. Sorry rambling again
I'll go and look for tablets or ingredients-

PS just noticed the website says I can buy the tablets in Singapore - We used to live on Pasir Panjang road!! small world.

Last edited by helinuk; Aug 23rd 2007 at 2:58 pm. Reason: added P.S
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:00 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

I have heard of them and have tried them and to be honest dont know if they actually work. On the box from memory (someone correct me) I think it advises against drinking caffeine. We all know what caffeine is supposed to do? And even that caffeine myth I have sceptisism about.

There is a article around somewhere expalining how going east to west has a differant effect than west to east in regards jet lag. It also says some experiance the opposite effect in the opposite direction So I think we call that edging our bets

Only real advice to combat the intial tiredness effect of jet lag is to stay awake until sunset ariving on a cool day actual helps. As soon as the sun goes down your body will sleep. Well thats worked for me the only times I think jet lag has taken longer is when I arrived on a stinking hot humid strength sucking Auckland Summers day
Trouble is you think your fine but your sleep patterns can be disrupted for a couple of weeks along with some other minor biological changes

Wheather these tablets work? Well I have used them myself and I think the pscholocial effect was the only benefit. Either way they taste good
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:00 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

We like the Air NZ Flight NZ1 due to the time of the flights from UK to NZ. We tend to stay awake between Heathrow and LA, and sleep from LA to Auckland which gets in around 5am, and then transfer down to Chch on NZ303 which lands at 8am, so it's just the start of the day. Stay awake all day and go to bed at the usual time and not really suffered from jet lag coming this way. However, doing that route back to the UK I had terrible jet lag once back in England, but that might have also been due to the fact that at that time I didn't want to be back in England and couldn't wait to get back home to NZ!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

If you go to a homeopathic dispenser in the UK, they will make them up for you. We found they worked well, but follow the directions. We didn't have enough for the whole family, so one suffered bad jet-lag while the rest were ok!

Apparently sports teams use them on the long-haul.

You could try the shop "Kiwifruits" in the Haymarket London.

Kip
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:54 pm
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
We like the Air NZ Flight NZ1 due to the time of the flights from UK to NZ. We tend to stay awake between Heathrow and LA, and sleep from LA to Auckland which gets in around 5am, and then transfer down to Chch on NZ303 which lands at 8am, so it's just the start of the day. Stay awake all day and go to bed at the usual time and not really suffered from jet lag coming this way. However, doing that route back to the UK I had terrible jet lag once back in England, but that might have also been due to the fact that at that time I didn't want to be back in England and couldn't wait to get back home to NZ!
Just found the article on Jetlag East to west the effect of jet lag is less, spoke to a friend of mine who is a international flight attendant and they said the same thing.
Its to do with the day night cycle, when you fly west you only experiance a normal day night cycle flying East you go thru a shorter day night cycle.

NASA and the russian space Agency has a very good study into the effects of this day night cycle from the space program.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:21 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by julesnye
We bought them in the UK before leaving to NZ nearly 2yrs ago and worked a treat. I was hardly jet lagged on arrival in Auckland. So much we've bought some for our trip to Europe in 2 months time I think it's called jet-ease in the UK and no jet lag in NZ, it's exactly the same packaging though.

They were kind of expensive in the UK (London) and ended up paying $10 or so for a pack in Auckland, at a pharmacist.

Jen

Last edited by urbanproject; Aug 24th 2007 at 7:26 am.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
Just found out that the stuff called jet-ease sold in the UK is not the same and contains different ingredients, and is not homeopathic.

I have however found a seller on Ebay who has an online shop and will send NO-JET-LAG to me for £4.50 plus £5.00 postage the link is below:-

http://www.shopenzed.com/xurl/functi...0/content.html

regards
Julesnye
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

This place sends world-wide for NZ$14.95 inclusive.

https://www.safeshop.co.nz/flightsdi...ag_order.shtml

Kip