No dream for me

Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute
Default No dream for me

Well, it is time to bite the bullet and admit defeat.
I have not heard from any of the companies i attended interviews with in August other than two who said "When a vacancy arises". They have been very pleasant but have said that there are no suitable vacancies for the foreseeable future.
The recruitment agencies i have used have all said that vacancies are few are far between due to the current financial climate.
SO, we have decided that we cant keep our lives on hold here in the UK any longer so we are binning the idea of moving to NZ.
Our little 8 year old soldier has been diagnosed with ADHD so we need to get things in place for him and being on hold wasnt helping.
Also, our little love nest is on the market and we are looking at a bigger house where we can have play rooms etc.
I am getting business cards printed and dished out advertising my painting and decorating skills(!).

It has been an absolute pleasure conversing with the people we know.

Genesis is an inspiration to anyone that has doubts and wants a 'straight from the hip' view of NZ.
Lardyl is a great help (when he gets on the right thread?).
The moderators have their bloody hands full with the squabblers and ranters and ravers but manage to keep calm and do a good job.( i have not had one joke censured)
Good luck to the rest of you and i hope all your dreams come true.
I hope you have enjoyed the 'bit of fun' thread. I may well log on once a month and throw some new ones in, if i get the time. Keep it going cos there are not many threads that have had over 4000 hits.

Good luck and cheers to all.
Have one on me
Old Nov 14th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: No dream for me

Well I am sorry we will not be meeting you in NZ but when we go we shall see Marilyn & Nick and tell them of your decision (that's if they don't already know) Glad you got the opportunity to meet Gail & Doug and sample their wares.

I have read all of your jokes and I think you may have chosen the wrong career its a pity The Comedians are no longer on TV because you would definitely be on there.

All the best for the future.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:17 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No dream for me

Ah good luck. You've done the right thing - when you're waiting, waiting, waiting, you end up not living in the life you have right now. Best of luck with the painting and decorating - it's a good time for it seemingly, when people can't sell their houses they redecorate
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:41 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcoltom
Good luck and cheers to all.
Have one on me
Indeed we will.
Hope the new business goes well, and no need going forward to feel shy about posting how you are doing on here either..
Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcoltom
...Good luck and cheers to all.
Have one on me
Hey Mal, never say "never" mate.....
Suprised that there is not going to be more work in the near future over here. Whether the clients will want to pay for it is another matter though.
All the very best to you and yours and it was a pleasure meeting you all - albeit really briefly.
Will still keep an ear to the groud for ya mate - if you need it...
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
Ah good luck. You've done the right thing - when you're waiting, waiting, waiting, you end up not living in the life you have right now. Best of luck with the painting and decorating - it's a good time for it seemingly, when people can't sell their houses they redecorate
All the best Mal, who knows what the road ahead has in store aye?? Thanks for your kind words,

One day perchance?

Warm regards,

G.
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Mal,you need to keep supplying the laughs,mate. I am so sorry to hear about your decision but as others have said,never say never. Good luck to you and yours whatever you decide to do

Phyllis x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

It's very sad when your life is controlled by outside forces & you cannot go down the path you have chosen for you & your family!

Good luck with everything...you never know...the traffic lights may change back to green at some point in the future...don't give up...most of all enjoy your life...wherever or however you end up

Cheryl x