Nintendo Wii

Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:55 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Nintendo Wii

Any know if I buy a Wii over here (UK) will it work in NZ??????

Do they sell them over there?

How much???

Ta
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nintendo Wii

Originally Posted by leaseuk

How much???

Ta
no idea whether it will or wont work over here, but they do sell them here
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:22 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Ye sit will.

Ok no more wine for me
Start again Jack.

Yes it will

I know because we bought one from NZ cos you couldnt get them here and it works fine

Does that make sense or do I need to log off, sleep and then start again?

Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by leaseuk

How much???

Ta
I believe NZ and Aus are PAL not NTSC like America so yes it would work ok and all you would need is a plug adapter. The console isnt multi regional.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:28 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
I believe NZ and Aus are PAL not NTSC like America so yes it would work ok and all you would need is a plug adapter. The console isnt multi regional.
True, but there are many versions of PAL. Its all to do with the sound carrier.

UK TV uses a different PAL sound carrier to NZ. The picture works fine but the sound wont.

However the Wii does work
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
True, but there are many versions of PAL. Its all to do with the sound carrier.

UK TV uses a different PAL sound carrier to NZ. The picture works fine but the sound wont.

However the Wii does work
what about taking your pal tv from the UK, are you saying you wont get sound.

If you take your UK tv and have a UK Wii they will work with each other
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:45 pm
Banned

what about taking your pal tv from the UK, are you saying you wont get sound.
Depends on make and model. Most new TV's are global products, they are made for the global market. However most budget TV's are OEM products so do not always follow this pattern.

Post the make and model of your TV and I will try and find out for you

If you take your UK tv and have a UK Wii they will work with each other
Yes no problem. Just have to change the plugs
Old Apr 19th 2007, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

I dont see it as a huge problem if you can use another sound source. You can plug your wii into your hifi or DVD home theatre if you have one and it will be fine. This applies to the ps2 and the xbox aswell.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just make a note that they don't have scart plugs or adapters here, even on the new stuff. When Noel Leemings delivered our Sony Wega TV first thing I said to them was," where's the scart connections?"

All plugs in through the auxillary video, red, yellow and white jacks, this also means that you have to change channels for the AV with the remote.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:16 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

Fab, thanks guys.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:28 pm
Banned

Scart is a EU thing and not a global thing.

The best conecttions in order are:

HDMI

Component

Scart RGB

SVideo

Composhite

Old Apr 19th 2007, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

We have just purchased one here from Harvey Norman. Negotiated a deal, cost $569 with 2 controllers the sports pack and choice of game. works fine on our UK TV!!!