Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nightclub/Bars side of life in New Zealand

Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future
Default Nightclub/Bars side of life in New Zealand

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i currently own a nightclub in the uk but with the present climate (smoking ban has done me no favours) being not too good, i feel like i want a change so im putting out some feelers about moving to New Zealand.
is there any possibilities i could use my knowledge in this field to get some sort of employment etc in the nightclub/bar field.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:32 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nightclub/Bars side of life in New Zealand

Originally Posted by lee.walker1 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i currently own a nightclub in the uk but with the present climate (smoking ban has done me no favours) being not too good, i feel like i want a change so im putting out some feelers about moving to New Zealand.
is there any possibilities i could use my knowledge in this field to get some sort of employment etc in the nightclub/bar field.
Ever thought about the Carribean?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

lee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant futurelee.walker1 has a brilliant future

im after a good job opportunity anywhere in the world that looks attractive. the mountain does not go to MOHAMMED.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, if you want to invest in a Nightclub/Bar you can come on a long term business visa, you need to own a percentage of the business 25% to be eligible, but in the long run it can lead to permanent residency.

If you just want to work in a bar it will depend on your age etc...maybe a working holiday visa, don't think you would get a work visa for bar work as it is a role that could be done by any New Zealander, no qualifications needed.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:13 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by phil01 View Post
...don't think you would get a work visa for bar work as it is a role that could be done by any New Zealander, no qualifications needed.
phil01,
This is New Zealand we are talking about. Surely there must be a level 1 certificate course in hand-washing that first must be taken at a local polytechnic before being allowed to use the staff loo.

Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
phil01,
This is New Zealand we are talking about. Surely there must be a level 1 certificate course in hand-washing that first must be taken at a local polytechnic before being allowed to use the staff loo.

I got a CV in from a lady the other day that had put down 15 years work experience as a HOME EXECUTIVE and included all the relevant skills she had learnt...organising, planning, mentoring, crisis management, training, financial budgeting and forcasting! All learnt caring for her growing family! No doubt that will be a new Northtec qualification course in the future!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:57 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by phil01 View Post
I got a CV in from a lady the other day that had put down 15 years work experience as a HOME EXECUTIVE and included all the relevant skills she had learnt...organising, planning, mentoring, crisis management, training, financial budgeting and forecasting! All learnt caring for her growing family! No doubt that will be a new Northtec qualification course in the future!
No doubt.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 11:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you really Peter Stringfellow?