The Night Sky

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:34 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Night Sky

Can anyone help??? (I know, I'm beyond help )

As I am typing this, my mad Husband is in the garden, in the dark, taking photos of the stars. Anyway, he has spotted a orange 'star' in the sky. Does anyone know what it might be??? Beachcombers in particular , as you are round the corner and have a big 'one'
Attached Thumbnails The Night Sky-p1010340.jpg  
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:42 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Night Sky

Try downloading Stellarium, it's free. That will tell you what it is. Or try the new version of Google Earth as that too has a star chart.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 9:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
Try downloading Stellarium, it's free. That will tell you what it is. Or try the new version of Google Earth as that too has a star chart.
Cheers Lenmil

I forgot about the Google Star Chart
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

As I am typing this, my mad Husband is in the garden, in the dark, taking photos of the stars. Anyway, he has spotted a orange 'star' in the sky. Does anyone know what it might be??? Beachcombers in particular , as you are round the corner and have a big 'one'
Jupiter
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the orange star Antares
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Kevin mad!!! noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Tell him he needs a slower shutter cant see a blooming thing from that picture. You sure it in the sky Kev!!! Anyway folks Mark is back now so give him a buzz if you still need to pick his brain
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:53 pm

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed thank you Sarah, I also have a telescope!

Will check it out next cloudless sky, been a bit nippy for prolonged star gazing recently, but the lunar eclipse was amazing!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:25 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

cant see a blooming thing from that picture

I take it no-one will be impressed with my very own moon eclipse shot then.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 25th 2012 at 3:21 am.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:40 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I took this the other night, it was a lovely sky in christchurch...
Attached Thumbnails The Night Sky-23-004.jpg  
Old Sep 4th 2007, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BEVS here
I take it no-one will be impressed with my very own moon eclipse shot then.
looks good to me better than Kevs
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

sammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant futuresammymac has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by julesnye
looks good to me better than Kevs
This is one of my favourites, taken from the back yard, Papamoa beach.

The Night Sky-16-03-2007-013.jpg
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I took this the other night, it was a lovely sky in christchurch...
How do you get the "Attached Thumbnails" bit when you put an image up?