Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Night Club Memories

Night Club Memories

Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of
Default Night Club Memories

Following on from Ash1 starting an 80's thread, how about nightclubs that may no longer be in existance or memories from those heady day's of our youth.

I'm from Manchester and in the 80's used to go to:

Legends
Rotters
PlaceMate 7
Hacienda
Fridays'
Saturday's
Ce La Vie
Ce La Vie 2

Never got to Pips...
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Night Club Memories

Got arrested in a club at 16 for underage drinking and had my rights read to me

The Ferryman in Wrexham, worse thing was I wasnt even drinking, because I was underage they assumed everyone is drinking

I am a criminal after all
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dash1965
Following on from Ash1 starting an 80's thread, how about nightclubs that may no longer be in existance or memories from those heady day's of our youth.

Legends
Rotters
PlaceMate 7
Hacienda
Fridays'
Saturday's
Ce La Vie
Ce La Vie 2

Never got to Pips...
i remember fridays in didsbury...did you ever got to Granvilles in fallowfield or then it became severe, i picked up my husband there
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kwprwn
i remember fridays in didsbury...did you ever got to Granvilles in fallowfield or then it became severe, i picked up my husband there
went to Granvilles once but I was being stalked by a former Girlfriend. That was before stalking was fashionable.

I lived in Rusholme and remember the curry mile before it was a curry mile..

I also worked at Kendals (as a window dresser) but don't tell my rugby mates!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

went to Granvilles once but I was being stalked by a former Girlfriend. That was before stalking was fashionable.

I lived in Rusholme and remember the curry mile before it was a curry mile..

I also worked at Kendals (as a window dresser) but don't tell my rugby mates!!
I lived in fallowfield and withington, I used to work in the Manor House in withington aka the golden lion (opposite Christies Hospital)
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Trotting down the Lanes in Brighton to various pubs before going to clubs
The Pink Coconut
Top Rank
Jenkinsons
Cinderellas Sayers Common and Martines in East Grinstead
Sinatras Croydon
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have many memories of my night clubbing times in the eighties, not that I didn't do it, just cos I was so wasted for most of it. I do recall that there was lots of fighting, this was in Plymouth, between the Matelots, Boot-necks, locals and students.

Some clubs were, Monroes, Cascades, Boobs, Mr Sweets, hundreds more, but I can't remember the names - they're all gone now, awwwh

I never went clubbing in the 90s but I understand it all changed because of E, everyone was so loved up they never had any fights!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Legends
Rotters
PlaceMate 7
Hacienda
Fridays'
Saturday's
Ce La Vie
Ce La Vie 2

Never got to Pips...
We used to go to Nottingham:
Rock City
Isabellas
Madisons
The Palais
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickey_d
We used to go to Nottingham:
Rock City
Isabellas
Madisons
The Palais
sticky sticky floor
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:10 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Legends
Rotters
PlaceMate 7
Hacienda
Fridays'
Saturday's
Ce La Vie
Ce La Vie 2

Never got to Pips...
What happy memories, well mostly. I remember going to Placemate 7 for my friends 21st & finally getting off with a guy I'd been after for ages.

I have a few funny memories from Fridays: I was approached by Timmy Mallett (pre-TV fame but well known on Radio Picadilly), who invited me back to his place & told me in graphic detail all the things he would like to do to me. Needless to say, I told him where to go.

On another occasion, one of my fellow students thought it would be a jolly wheeze to leave the club & head to Manchester airport, fly to Scotland & return in time to go straight to lectures in the morning. Great idea we all thought, so approx 20 students got into 2 cars & off we went. Sadly, we never got a flight as security chased us out of the airport.

Sorry, slightly off topic but you brought back some mad memories of student times in Manchester.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

There was a night club in Hastings called " The G Spot" but i could never find it!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:49 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ash1
There was a night club in Hastings called " The G Spot" but i could never find it!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Legends
Rotters
PlaceMate 7
Hacienda
Fridays'
Saturday's
Ce La Vie
Ce La Vie 2

Never got to Pips...
Hacienda was great. I went afew times.

Cream in Liverpool was just the best.

Music Factory in Leeds, Up ya Ronson and Pleasure rooms...that was the life.

'Live' in Manchester also.

Miss Moneypennies in Birmingham. Went twice, it was OK.

Actually not all of these were around in the 80's. More 90's
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1

Sometimes I`d be there for hours before I realised I was in the wrong place!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Sunderland - Genevieve's, Mecca, Fino's
Newcastle - Greys, The Broken Doll was good for gigs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.