Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Night Club Memories

Night Club Memories

Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

RedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to allRedMonsk is a name known to all
Default Re: Night Club Memories

Never been to a big club before, having moved to a small town when I was 16!

Hemel Hempstead - Ethos
Watford - Paradise Lost/Kudos - whatever is called now!!
Berkhamsted - Kings Club!

Went back to Harlesden (where I am originally from! ) and went to The Mean Fiddler!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

deboltz will become famous soon enoughdeboltz will become famous soon enough

club UK, hammersmith palais, madisons in bournemouth and some field in essex
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't do the nightclub thingee but did anyone go to any raves???

World Dance
Helter Skelter
SW1 Club
UN in Tottenham
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:10 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedMonsk
Never been to a big club before, having moved to a small town when I was 16!

Hemel Hempstead - Ethos
Watford - Paradise Lost/Kudos - whatever is called now!!
Berkhamsted - Kings Club!

Went back to Harlesden (where I am originally from! ) and went to The Mean Fiddler!
Mean Fiddler great for live bands!

Hammersmith Palais
Camden Palace
Dingwalls
Gossips - Dean Street
Hippodrome (Back to the 80's thread!)
Ronnie Scotts
Cafe de Paris
Stringfellows
Burlesque
Fernando's

I was a London chick!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

i am originally from Hull and we used to go to Romeo and Juliets, and we went to the Hacienda a couple of times, and also to a club in Morley - Leeds but i cannot remember what it was called.
My friends and i also went to a few raves, they had a couple in Hull, and also
Doncaster warehouse, and the best one was in Bedford (i think) which was outdoor and it was some type of carting track, the whole place was huge and we saw Prodigy (before they did fire starter) and they were brilliant.

i am too old for the clubbing lark now, so more like a G&T with friends

with regards

kirstie
Old Jul 24th 2007, 12:31 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Sunderland - Genevieve's, Mecca, Fino's
Newcastle - Greys, The Broken Doll was good for gigs.
and for live music The Mayfair - home of stage diving death(s) (one at a Levellers gig the week before I saw the great Pop Will Eat Itself in the very (sorely missed) venue).......allegdly the first place that Led Zep played together live for the paying public, and a great place to experience rip-roaring music!!
eg from the archives:
Jan 5th Steve Brown Band + The Squad
Jan 26th Nazareth
Feb 22nd Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
Feb 23rd Cheap Trick
March 9th England + Hawkmoon + Tyson Dog
March 23rd Journey + Pat Travers Band
May 11th Iggy Pop
May 24th The Dickies
May 25th Violinski
June 1st No Dice
June 8th Stiff Litle Fingers
June 14th The Police + The Cramps
June 15th Southbound + Raven
June 22nd The Real Thing
July 6th White Heat + Tygers of Pan Pang
July 13th White Spirit
July 20th Saxon + Lucas Tyson
June 27th Stu Burns Band
Aug 3rd The Pretenders
Aug 10th Def Leppard
Aug 17th England
Aug 24th Molly Hatchett
Aug 30th The Ramones
Aug 31st Secret Affair + Purple Hearts
Sept 7th Budgie
Sept 13 Sammy Hagar + Def Leppard
Sept 21st XTC
Oct 5th Ian Gillan Band
Oct 12th The Ruts
Oct 14th Fischer Z
Oct 19th Goldie
Oct 26th AC/DC
Nov 9th The Specials + Madness + The Selector
Nov 15th John Miles
now there are some names to conjure with!!
what would I give for a season ticket for that year - missing only the Thin Lizzy gig from 77, otherwise damn purfect!!!!

Last edited by lardyl; Jul 24th 2007 at 12:35 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
and for live music The Mayfair - home of stage diving death(s) (one at a Levellers gig the week before I saw the great Pop Will Eat Itself in the very (sorely missed) venue).......allegdly the first place that Led Zep played together live for the paying public, and a great place to experience rip-roaring music!!
eg from the archives:
what would I give for a season ticket for that year - missing only the Thin Lizzy gig from 77, otherwise damn purfect!!!!
The Real Thing..............aahhh, that reminds me of a ginger kid I snogged behind the bike sheds.

"You to me are everything" an all that. I remember singing it hand in hand when I was about 12. What a plonker he turned out to be.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Being an Essex girl I danced round my handbag at Dukes in Chelmsford and Rains in Southend. And before that the Pink Toothbrush in Raleigh!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Being from Grimsby, i used to go to Tiffs, until it burnt down, then it was cleethorpes for The Pier 39, JD's were met hubbie and Clouds. Like Kirstie have also been across the water to Romeos and Juliets
Old Jul 24th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
eg from the archives:

Yes - the Mayfair, couldn't remember the name, used to see Stiff Little Fingers there, it was always a good night on St Patricks Day.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Some memories from the Midland area

Birmingham
Top Rank
Barbarellas
Night and Day
Liberties
The Duck
The Rum Runner (Duran, Durans spot)

Warwickshire
Stocks
The Bel Air

Wolverhampton
Eves

oooh those were the days!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:30 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nero
Being an Essex girl I danced round my handbag at Dukes in Chelmsford and Rains in Southend. And before that the Pink Toothbrush in Raleigh!
I went to the Pink Toothbrush. That was the one where they played alternative music wasnt it. Which is why I liked it is as actually hate night clubs because I hate disco/dance music. Although still used to go to them though. Used to frequent The Epping Forest country club on occassion, although hated that too!!! and only once or twice Faces in Gants Hill (I'm an Essex girl too). There was one nightclub we used to go in East London and I cant remember what it was called but they used to play stuff like Sousxie & the Banshees, The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers and all that sort of music, that one I liked.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:50 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy

Top Rank
Barbarellas
Night and Day
Liberties
The Duck
The Rum Runner (Duran, Durans spot)
I remeber the joys of Liberties too well!!!!
For me though when I was into that sort of thing it was "indie" night at Klute in Durham, again famous for someone being killed falling down/off something (see the post about Mayfair Ballroom), this time the stairs...
..what a dive, what nights and what were we doing??????/////
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too young ... I was only born in 1980
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:54 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Frenchy

Birmingham
Warwickshire
Wolverhampton
the Black Country spots that seemed to almost replace some of the rock clubs were the "tribute band" joints, JBs in Dudley, the Robin Hood, etc in Brierley Hill and the spin offs in Stourbridge and Bilston - seen Dirty DC, Limehouse Lizzy and Killer Queen at those - very good night out! better than spacing out on some designer drug IMHO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.