Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:40 am
Jaffadutch

Default Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Can anyone please explain what this course involves?
Is there anything i should revise on?
Is it theory/praticle or just a lecture?

Im City&Guilds Electrical Installation Part 2 Qualified.

Ive been told i require this for my EOI ???

regards

Glen

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

sandybob will become famous soon enoughsandybob will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Hi Glen,
I took the heath and safety course with Nick in December, you don't need to revise anything and he provides everything you need. Don't worry it's not too bad and I found it quite informitive.
Good Luck
BoB.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:48 am
Jaffadutch

Default Re: Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Bob, Thankyou for your quick reply.
Can you tell me how you booked onto the course?

Ive sent a e-mail to him yesterday....should get a reply this week i hope.
Cant belive all the things we have to do considering they want electricians!

How far are you with your EOI ??

regards

Glen

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

sandybob will become famous soon enoughsandybob will become famous soon enough

I contacted him by email and he got back to me quickly. I actually took the course in NZ when I was on holiday, the course was exactly the same as the ones he runs over here. I think he comes over a few times a year. We have passed the EOI, medicals and telephone interview with the immergation dept.
all I need now is a letter from the EWRB confirming my qualifications and expirience are ok then immergation will issue us work visas for 2 years, if within that time I get work then my residency visa will kick in. So I am starting to look for work now. I agree the process is a bit of a pain in the butt still keep at it and good luck.
Regards BoB
Old Apr 8th 2005, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

catroberta will become famous soon enoughcatroberta will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Nick Chandler electrical safety course

Originally Posted by sandybob
I contacted him by email and he got back to me quickly. I actually took the course in NZ when I was on holiday, the course was exactly the same as the ones he runs over here. I think he comes over a few times a year. We have passed the EOI, medicals and telephone interview with the immergation dept.
all I need now is a letter from the EWRB confirming my qualifications and expirience are ok then immergation will issue us work visas for 2 years, if within that time I get work then my residency visa will kick in. So I am starting to look for work now. I agree the process is a bit of a pain in the butt still keep at it and good luck.
Regards BoB
hi bob i am an electrician as well and looking to go to new zealand next year , i need to do this course as well could you send me his e-mail to [email protected] cheers john
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

dlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sandybob
Hi Glen,
I took the heath and safety course with Nick in December, you don't need to revise anything and he provides everything you need. Don't worry it's not too bad and I found it quite informitive.
Good Luck
BoB.
hello bob
could you please tell me nicks email address if you still have it to [email protected]
cheers darryn