Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

nici you are living my dream

nici you are living my dream

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:37 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nici you are living my dream

Originally Posted by sunshine n jim
I am Essex born and breed, dont dance around my white handbag though. Feed up now, the most i have done is 2 week holiday in different countries.I know there is more to life than this and just want to experience more. I ont want to wait just go now.
When I was on one of my phone interviews for work, they asked me where I'm from in England. Apparently when I said "Essex", a few glances and smirks were traded across the table. They still rib me about it, and talk about my "white stilettos" *pout* I keep telling them I wore those out years ago but they just don't believe me!

Natalie, how are you planning on coming over here? Do you have the skills for PR straight off the bat, or do you think you'll be doing the Work To Residence (WTR) route?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the roughsunshine n jim is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Maz
When I was on one of my phone interviews for work, they asked me where I'm from in England. Apparently when I said "Essex", a few glances and smirks were traded across the table. They still rib me about it, and talk about my "white stilettos" *pout* I keep telling them I wore those out years ago but they just don't believe me!

Natalie, how are you planning on coming over here? Do you have the skills for PR straight off the bat, or do you think you'll be doing the Work To Residence (WTR) route?
oh maz i wish i knew, OH is a builder and we were going to just pack up n go but he has had second thoughts and wants a recci in june or aug for 3 weeks but i changed my mind a while ago and want to just sell house as i am not happy in it anyway and go out on work visa and have a good look around at the same time as i dont think we will be able to do this in 3 weeks with 3 kids (teenagers) in tow. we have enough points for PR even got the forms, nici got them for us, but they are still on the side. Think he is just putting it off again. we will see. Its doing my head in. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:53 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunshine n jim
oh maz i wish i knew, OH is a builder and we were going to just pack up n go but he has had second thoughts and wants a recci in june or aug for 3 weeks but i changed my mind a while ago and want to just sell house as i am not happy in it anyway and go out on work visa and have a good look around at the same time as i dont think we will be able to do this in 3 weeks with 3 kids (teenagers) in tow. we have enough points for PR even got the forms, nici got them for us, but they are still on the side. Think he is just putting it off again. we will see. Its doing my head in. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I think most people on here have gone through a partner not wanting to come, or dithering, or (worse still) being up for it then changing their mind! :curse:

When you say you have enough points for PR, how many do you mean? 'Cos what you could do is get PR before your recce trip, then validate it when you visit. I know it's a financial outlay, but for five of you to come here anyway is a lot of cash!

When did you first think about moving here? And how do your children feel about it?

Sorry, probably the last thing you need right about now is more questions.