British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   nici you are living my dream (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nici-you-living-my-dream-516091/)

sunshine n jim Feb 21st 2008 10:55 am

nici you are living my dream

who would have thought that when we 1st talked about emigrating you were going to Australia and I/we wanted to go to New Zealand. I cant believe that you are there now and i am stuck at home still. (foggy, dull Essex)
how sad do i feel ? VERY.:thumbdown:
we hope you all arrived safely, we are missing you already. we know that you will enjoy your adventure:thumbsup: hope everything works out really well for all of you, take care, please, please, please keep intouch.
love natalie :wub:

Wessa Feb 21st 2008 11:16 am

Re: nici you are living my dream

Hi Natalie..

Im in dull foggy Essex too.. :eek: Did Nici &Roger have a party?..

sunshine n jim Feb 21st 2008 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Wessa (Post 5963841)
Hi Natalie..

Im in dull foggy Essex too.. :eek: Did Nici &Roger have a party?..

yes, it was good and nice for them to see everyone, though i dont think i could have done it, i dont want to say bye, i just want to go!

where is eastwood ?

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 4:01 am

Hi Natalie and Wessa,

We were from dull, foggy, damp, cold old Essex. I thought that you would like to know that the weather is 25°C :thumbup: and lovely and sunny.

Sid

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 4:03 am

Hi Natalie and Wessa,

We were from dull, foggy, damp, cold old Essex (Chelmsford). I thought that you would like to know that the weather today was 25°C :thumbup: and lovely and sunny.

Sid

sunshine n jim Feb 22nd 2008 8:17 am

Originally Posted by SidNZ (Post 5967365)
Hi Natalie and Wessa,

We were from dull, foggy, damp, cold old Essex (Chelmsford). I thought that you would like to know that the weather today was 25°C :thumbup: and lovely and sunny.

Sid

hi sid that has really cheered me up, thank you, i feel even more duller now and its really windy here today too (fri).
how long have you been in nz ? is it everything you wanted it to be?
hope that you are enjoying all the fresh air, breathtaking senery, slower pace of life and hopefully much much more! ?

Wessa Feb 22nd 2008 1:10 pm

Hello Natalie and Sid,

Nat, Eastwood is near Rayliegh.. ;)

Sid, i hope its still that warm when we arrive in CHch for two weeks in March. :thumbsup:

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Nici,

We have been out here since October 2004 so it is nearly 3.5 years now. We sold up lock, stock and barrel and escaped. Yes the move has been everything that we wanted and it is definitely a case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. We both came out fully committed that we were going to stay - and we are. It probably helped that we were both in our forties when we arrived and both our children came with us.

Life is good and we are enjoying everything that NZ has to offer including the scenery. One of the highlights for us was helicopter ride up to Fox Glazier which lands on the glazier so you can get out and take photo's and throw a snowball (in summer). We live on the side of a valley with superb views - nothing like Chelmsford!!!!

We paid a visit back in August 2006 - good to see friends and rellies but I couldn't wait to get back home.

Cheers for now,

Sid

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Wessa,

Not to sure what the weather will be like in Christchurch in March. I did google it and came up with:

Min 10°C
Max 19°C
Rain 48mm

Are you coming on a holiday, a recci or both?

Cheers for now,

Sid

Maz Feb 22nd 2008 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by SidNZ (Post 5969799)
Hi Nici,

We have been out here since October 2004 so it is nearly 3.5 years now. We sold up lock, stock and barrel and escaped. Yes the move has been everything that we wanted and it is definitely a case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. We both came out fully committed that we were going to stay - and we are. It probably helped that we were both in our forties when we arrived and both our children came with us.

Life is good and we are enjoying everything that NZ has to offer including the scenery. One of the highlights for us was helicopter ride up to Fox Glazier which lands on the glazier so you can get out and take photo's and throw a snowball (in summer). We live on the side of a valley with superb views - nothing like Chelmsford!!!!

We paid a visit back in August 2006 - good to see friends and rellies but I couldn't wait to get back home.

Cheers for now,

Sid

Interesting! I'm from Chelmsford, too. Born in Moulsham Lodge, moved to Great Baddow when 2. Stayed there until I went to uni.

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Maz,

Slightly different route for me:

Coggeshall - Bicknacre - Great Baddow (The Chase) - Heybridge - North Springfield - Chelmer Village - Upper Hutt.

Sid

Maz Feb 22nd 2008 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by SidNZ (Post 5970614)
Hi Maz,

Slightly different route for me:

Coggeshall - Bicknacre - Great Baddow (The Chase) - Heybridge - North Springfield - Chelmer Village - Upper Hutt.

Sid

Hi Sid :)

My route:

Moulsham Lodge - Great Baddow (Baddow Road) - Northampton - Paris - Aveyron, SW France - Lot-et-Garrone, SW France - Chicago - Wellington

:lol: A bit of a roundabout way, but we eventually got here! ;)

SidNZ Feb 22nd 2008 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5970657)
Hi Sid :)

My route:

Moulsham Lodge - Great Baddow (Baddow Road) - Northampton - Paris - Aveyron, SW France - Lot-et-Garrone, SW France - Chicago - Wellington

:lol: A bit of a roundabout way, but we eventually got here! ;)

I can't compete with your globe trotting Maz.

Sid

Maz Feb 22nd 2008 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by SidNZ (Post 5970724)

Sid

:rofl: I rather wish I hadn't spent 12 years in the US and had come straight here instead... :( Oh well, done is done, another experience under my belt. :)

sunshine n jim Feb 22nd 2008 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by SidNZ (Post 5970724)

Sid

I am Essex born and breed, dont dance around my white handbag though. Feed up now, the most i have done is 2 week holiday in different countries.I know there is more to life than this and just want to experience more. I ont want to wait just go now.