Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nice restaurant in Chch

Nice restaurant in Chch

Old Nov 7th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

chauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to allchauxfleur is a name known to all
Default Nice restaurant in Chch

My auntie is visiting from Cairns at the end of the week - any recommendations for nice places to eat out in Fendalton / Ilam / Merivale area? I was going to head to the Italian from the Meet-Up thread, but are there any others?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7th 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice restaurant in Chch

Tiffany's on Oxford Terrace if you want really posh, or Rotherhams of Riccarton, ditto posh.

Zone at the end of Normans Road is casual but good food. Misceos in Ilam is very nice, you would need to book. Not too expensive, good NZ food.

Jan
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:31 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chauxfleur
My auntie is visiting from Cairns at the end of the week - any recommendations for nice places to eat out in Fendalton / Ilam / Merivale area? I was going to head to the Italian from the Meet-Up thread, but are there any others?

Thanks!
I'd stay clear of the italian in merivale, i have tried to like it, but in general I have found the food OK and the service to be rubbish.

It's always busy so it might well be me.

Not very helpful on other places though, I'm more of a curry on the way home sort of bloke... (little india in Merivale was good last time i was in though!)
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
I'd stay clear of the italian in merivale, i have tried to like it, but in general I have found the food OK and the service to be rubbish.

It's always busy so it might well be me.

Not very helpful on other places though, I'm more of a curry on the way home sort of bloke... (little india in Merivale was good last time i was in though!)
I agree, not worth it and VERY noisy.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:38 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

The Running Bull in Riccarton is good. I had ribs which were meaty and tender and served nice and hot, not lukewarm. My steak was delicious, so was dessert. Salt on the Pier out at New Brighton is a good pub upstairs and a nice lunchtime cafe on the ground floor. There were other restaurants in New Brighton that looked good too, not least a curry house.
The Antarctic Visitors Centre out at the airport is an excellent day out.