British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   nice places to eat in welligton (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/nice-places-eat-welligton-403727/)

poppets Oct 23rd 2006 7:09 am

nice places to eat in welligton

Hello wonderful people,
we were just wondering what were you guys would recommend / are your fave places to eat.
we've heard that The Chocolate Fish Cafe is good, , i'm sure i read on here, months ago (when we were in UK), a list of eateries in wellington but i'm buggered if i can find it now .
Cheers :)

leedge Oct 23rd 2006 9:09 am

Re: nice places to eat in welligton

Originally Posted by poppets
Hello wonderful people,
we were just wondering what were you guys would recommend / are your fave places to eat.
we've heard that The Chocolate Fish Cafe is good, , i'm sure i read on here, months ago (when we were in UK), a list of eateries in wellington but i'm buggered if i can find it now .
Cheers :)

Dockside - in the bar or in the restaurant if you're feeling rich.....wonderful whitebait and scallops

Laurence

Budowsky Oct 24th 2006 4:09 am

Originally Posted by leedge
Dockside - in the bar or in the restaurant if you're feeling rich.....wonderful whitebait and scallops

Laurence

restaurants
Logan Brown's
Cafe Bastille
erm...don't eat out a lot!

cafes

Cafe laffare
Delux
Midnite espresso

Bars

Matterhorn
JJ Murphys

poppets Oct 25th 2006 5:26 am

thaks for those guys, hubs is taking me out on Friday , so we'll try one of them.

Budowsky Oct 25th 2006 5:53 am

thaks for those guys, hubs is taking me out on Friday , so we'll try one of them.

prada is good as well.

chelsey Oct 25th 2006 7:01 am

Hi Poppets,

We went to Logan Browns for a Christmas Day lunch and had a fantastic time a couple of years ago! It's in an old bank so the building was great and the bar has a small fish tank under it! Seem to remember it being quite pricey (but maybe that was all the alcohol consumed) but it was lovely!

I hope you have a great evening wherever you end up!

Best wishes
Chelseyx

poppets Oct 25th 2006 8:19 am

Originally Posted by chelsey
Hi Poppets,

We went to Logan Browns for a Christmas Day lunch and had a fantastic time a couple of years ago! It's in an old bank so the building was great and the bar has a small fish tank under it! Seem to remember it being quite pricey (but maybe that was all the alcohol consumed) but it was lovely!

I hope you have a great evening wherever you end up!

Best wishes
Chelseyx

thanks chelsey,
trying places to take the folks when they come in dec., so may well try a few whilst they are here too.
hope all is well with you guys & the move
cheers
Poppsxx