Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

Originally Posted by Rascal
Thats coz they have lost most of their capital by coming here and cannot get back!
Otherwise they'd be going back by the plane loads.
I'm usure about that.......my family and I would require 4 weeks to wind up our affairs and move back.

Of course I cannot speak for others............
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I agree, but the bile is there on most threads, even the most lame ones that have little to do with NZ. They all get turned around to "Lets knob NZ", gets a bit tiresome after a while.

Thanks for the confidence in OZ, I am sure we will enjoy it, but secretly, please don't tell anyone, my wife and I are hoping that the contract will amount to nothing and we stay in NZ.
I would take the opportunity with both hands, it's an experience if nothing else. Aussie is beautiful. Its where we intend to live soon.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

We moved from NZ to Australia in October of this year. The move has been great and my husband and I prefer Australia. Anyone who has the opportunity to move over the Tasman, even for a short time, I would thoroughly recommend they give it a go. NZ is not going anywhere and you can also move back, but as rascal writes, it seems to be quite rare that people move from Aus to NZ, most move the other way.

Good luck Mr Nice Guy I am sure you will have a ball.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:17 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hubbard
We moved from NZ to Australia in October of this year. The move has been great and my husband and I prefer Australia. Anyone who has the opportunity to move over the Tasman, even for a short time, I would thoroughly recommend they give it a go. NZ is not going anywhere and you can also move back, but as rascal writes, it seems to be quite rare that people move from Aus to NZ, most move the other way.

Good luck Mr Nice Guy I am sure you will have a ball.
Where in Oz are you Hubbard?
What do you and your husband do for work there?
Old Dec 28th 2005, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

We are in sydney. I work as a Business Analyst in banking (derivatives trading) and husband is in IT (network architect - designs IT networks, I think!). We both got work within 4-5 weeks of landing. The employment market is very bouyant and not just in the white collar industries we have 2 friends in the trades (building, and landscape gardener) and they say they are turning work away. Salaries for our line of work is higher (I got about $80k in NZ and here it is $100k) husband is contractor and on $80 per hour was on $70 per hour in NZ. Not sure about other work but I assume if our line of work pays more than most others will - but I could be wrong. What line of work are you in?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:03 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I worked in Sterile Services in hospitals, so I expect the pay would be as rubbish in Oz as it was in the UK. My husband was a bricky he keeps getting offered $20 an hr over here so he's working out of the industry for more money and doesn't have to travel as it's local.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 10:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

but secretly, please don't tell anyone, my wife and I are hoping that the contract will amount to nothing and we stay in NZ.
Oops! Bit late for that.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 24th 2006, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

Taken from http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356819 post #12

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Isn't it about time you arrived in Oz?????

Cheers

Buzzy
Well folks just an update as I realize you have probably all been on the edge of your seats in vexed anticipation of the outcome of the move.

It seems that it is not going to happen!

I for one are very happy with that position, my wife and son are even more happier however my daughter is a little bit upset as she wanted to work in Australia zoo.

You can all take a deep breath now………….ahhhhhhh…………that feels better!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Well folks just an update as I realize you have probably all been on the edge of your seats in vexed anticipation of the outcome of the move.

I for one are very happy with that position, my wife and son are even more happier however my daughter is a little bit upset as she wanted to work in Australia zoo.

i for one would miss you if you weren't around.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
i for one would miss you if you weren't around.
Oh poppets, that's one of the nicest things anyone has said to me.....

Time for some Karma.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:04 am
livewire

Shame, but may be for the best hey? Yeah, I'd miss your shallow and moribund sense of humour too Nice Guy. Wouldn't mind working in Australia zoo either, wrangling crocs would be great fun and something tells me I may be quite good at it.

Guess all offers to the airport are off then?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:47 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NICE GUY accepts own offer of free trip to Airport to escape NZ!!!!

The population of Oz has lost a potential great asset.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livewire
Shame, but may be for the best hey? Yeah, I'd miss your shallow and moribund sense of humour too Nice Guy. Wouldn't mind working in Australia zoo either, wrangling crocs would be great fun and something tells me I may be quite good at it.

Guess all offers to the airport are off then?
I must admit as far as the crocs thing is concerned just once I want Steve Irwin to get a nip in front of the crowd, nothing serious, just one or two stitches………might make me laugh, but then again probably not.

Offer still applies to the airport for the moaning minnies.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
The population of Oz has lost a potential great asset.

Cheers

Buzzy
Another lovely comment, I am a man fulfilled!

Three nice comments in one day from three entirely different people.

If I was not so miserable, I’d be happy.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:29 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Oz may have lost you but its definately NZ gain. Happy to know that one satisfied Brit is going to be staying & enjoying life in Kiwidom. Now we wont have to search through the Oz forum to see your witty posts

cheers
Cindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.